FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Mouse cursor acting strange..(resets position randomly)

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Skrog

Post Fri May 01, 2020 8:27 am

Mouse cursor acting strange..(resets position randomly)

Hello,
I am fairly new to using this software, but have had little to no issue up to this point..

Sometimes, at random, when switching between the different screens(account characters) my mouse cursor will "reset" or become non responsive to clicking. Example: I am logged into a character on account A in WoW, I open the options menu to toggle any option (doesn't matter which) I can open the interface, sound settings, addons just fine, any of them. Then I switch to a diff screen(character), B. I then press the ESC key to bring up the menu, it shows up, I can hover my mouse over the several different options (each option visibly "indenting" to show that it can be clicked) but when I left click on any of the options(ie"interface options", "addons" etc.) nothing happens, I can see the button pressing on the screen but nothing happens.. However, if I continue to click around the screen for a bit, away from the ESC menu, (once the non responsive matter occurs) it seems to "reset" and the mouse then disappears, and shows up in the bottom of the screen I was currently having trouble with and is then responsive. However this "resetting" issue is causing me tons of frustration trying to manipulate all 4 toons, when I have to move the cursor all the way up from the reset position it chooses. And it just seems to happen at random.. Sometimes tthey switch flawlessly, like they used to, and sometimes I get "stuck" and then have to click all over the WoW screen until it "resets" then I have to reset the postion I wanted the mouse to be in in the first place again. I'm trying to troubleshoot the problem but am coming up stumped. Wanted to ask here to see if anyone has had similar issues, or if perhaps I have a different problem all together? :?: This happened out of nowhere after using the same profile (unchanged) for the last few months and I didn't see anything relating to this specific problem after searching the forums for a couple of hours.

I have made sure that all of the accounts are set to "windowed fullscreen"
I even saved the old profiles, cleared isboxer, and ran a brand new setup wizard with the same results.

Please help! :| and thanks very much for your time! :mrgreen:
<<

Nightelf_bewbs

Post Fri May 01, 2020 9:30 am

Re: Mouse cursor acting strange..(resets position randomly)

I've been suffering from the same issue.

Everything was working fine as of Wednesday, and I can't really remember updating anything (although I updated a bunch after I started to suffer from the issue). The mouse seems to highlight anything it's hovering over, yet attempting to click something reveals the cursor is clicking elsewhere on the screen. I can't reliably recreate the issue, but it happens frequently enough to where having two instances of the game open, and occasionally swapping between them will be enough for the issue to manifest within a few minutes. If you close one of the instances of WoW, the problem won't happen again, but it also won't clear the issue if you're currently effected by it (although spamming Right click for a few seconds gets the cursor to teleport it where it actually is).
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri May 01, 2020 9:51 am

As of this week, WoW retail may now require this option to be ticked. WoW has never required this option in the past, but it is used for most games.

<<

Skrog

Post Mon May 04, 2020 9:00 am

This seemed to fix the problem. Thank you!

Return to World of Warcraft