FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

windows resolution messsed up after latest update

Moderator: MiRai

<<

globalfugitive

Post Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:50 pm

windows resolution messsed up after latest update

Hi there

I have an unusual problem which appears to have started after the latest update.

For some reason my resolution is all fuzzy and my screen loads as if i was using "Single monitor layout on \\.\DISPLAY1 (Swapping)" instead of "Single monitor corner layout on \\.\DISPLAY1 (Swapping)". I have checked this is not the case and even tried to do a new Window Layout using the wiard but this has not helped.

As you can see from the attachments there are 2 black borders around the outside of each window that were previously not there. After I load everything appears to be squished horizontally and everything is blurry.

I also get this ISBoxer message when I try to make changes to fix this: "* Game has gxWindowedResolution configured, which may be overridden by World of Warcraft at launch time -- currently causing a crash."

Hoping you can assist and help me correct the settings, i have played with the game settings but this has not helped.

Also attached my profile for your reference.

Many thanks in advance,
BK
Attachments
odd windows 3.jpg
odd windows 3.jpg (555.72 KiB) Viewed 3549 times
odd windows 2.jpg
odd windows 2.jpg (366.14 KiB) Viewed 3549 times
paladins profile 20200402.xml
(225.86 KiB) Downloaded 212 times
<<

globalfugitive

Post Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:40 pm

Re: windows resolution messsed up after latest update

Hi there

Update: I deleted the .WTF files for all toons which seems to have fixed the black edges, but the resolution still appears super fuzzy.

Best,
BK
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:55 am

You will probably need to revert the InnerSpace build back to Live, rather than Dev. Seems it is rendering at a slightly different resolution to the region size.

/e
Lax indicates it should correct itself on a second launch. I'm guessing it does not ?
<<

globalfugitive

Post Sat May 02, 2020 11:11 pm

Not sure why, but I have now acquired a 5th account, when I added the 5th account and redid the windoes layout with the wizard, this fixed the problem.

Weird thing wasw re-running the wizard on 4 accounts did not fix the problem.

Anyway, just letting you know that this is closed off now as all is runnning properly, many thanks.

Cheers,
BK

Return to World of Warcraft