FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Momentary drop in FPS on main character/screen

Moderator: MiRai

<<

evn0173

Post Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:06 pm

Momentary drop in FPS on main character/screen

First off, hello everyone and thanks for any help you might be able to provide. Also, I'm not significantly computer knowledgeable so if you can attempt to keep things simple it would be greatly appreciated.

I've been MB since classic launch and having a blast doing it. I've kept things pretty basic with ISBoxer and I can tell there are limitless configuration options that I have not taken advantage of, so if you see something in my set ups that doesn't seem right or could be done a better way, this is probably the reason.

The issue I'm having is that in the last week my FPS is dropping on my main screen from 60 to 30 for just a second. It's doing this every few minutes but can vary depending on what I'm doing. Seems like if I'm constantly engaging mobs it's more frequent but if I'm just moving around not so much.

I have updated a few addons over the last week, namely EMA, but did try the previous version and it's still doing it. I have tried disabling all my addons with the exception of ISBoxer, EMA and Elvui and the issue still persists.

I have also downloaded Open Hardware Monitor and don't see anything on the CPU loads near the 100% but again, I'm sure I could be missing something quite easily as there is a lot of information on that program.

The next few things I was going to try was "recreate" the team, run all 5 accounts without ISBoxer and maybe roll back all my addons, although that one seems like a pain.

Here is my pastebin if I did it right https://pastebin.com/nCW8ZtgG
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:27 pm

Re: Momentary drop in FPS on main character/screen

In the profile provided, I can see you have duplicate Mapped Keys bound to the same Hotkeys all trying to perform the same Actions, but other than that I can't see the whole picture because you've left out parts of your profile. In addition...

evn0173 wrote:I have updated a few addons over the last week, namely EMA, but did try the previous version and it's still doing it. I have tried disabling all my addons with the exception of ISBoxer, EMA and Elvui and the issue still persists.

If you want to properly test whether this is caused by an add-on or not, then you need to disable everything other than the ISBoxer add-on. ElVUI is a huge suite of add-ons built to replace the entire user interface, and EMA has a ton of stuff in it too, so leaving them enabled while testing doesn't help when you're trying to eliminate the possibilities.
<<

evn0173

Post Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:22 am

Thanks! I'll disable every addon and give it a try.
<<

evn0173

Post Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:08 am

ok so I tried disabling all addon except ISBoxer and from playing around for about 10 minutes it seems to have helped but not stopped it completely. It does it less frequently and from what I can tell it's only dropping to 45 FPS but it's hard to be 100% sure as it happens so quickly. It stutters and by the time I look at the FPS I only see it below the 60 mark for a split second.

I'm going to keep playing and maybe enable and disable addons to see if I can pinpoint which one might be cause most of the issue.

Is there anything else you'd suggest?
<<

evn0173

Post Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:06 pm

So I've been trying a few things without much luck in stopping it. I've logged into only 1 character through ISBoxer and still get it and I've tried having the 5 character without ISBoxer and I DON'T get the lag at all.

I guess there is something with my settings that is giving me issues but I can't tell what it is. It was working fine about a week ago and now it's giving me heartburn.

Return to World of Warcraft