FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ISBoxer and Latency

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Crypt

Post Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:33 am

ISBoxer and Latency

What kind of internet connection do you need to run multiple accounts?

I currently have 10 accounts, latency seems to be bearable with 7 to 8, when i run all 10 accounts my latency jumps between 500-2000, making my toons being not responsive, delayed actions, toons not following and i can't even click on the overlay for spells.

I am looking to expand to 20-25 accounts at least.

Could anyone clarify what kind of internet speed would be recommended?

I suspect it may be an internet connection issue, when i lower the accounts things work just fine, if there is something else that could cause this please let me know!

Did a speed test on https://www.speedtest.net/

PING ms
DOWNLOAD Mbps
UPLOAD Mbps
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:55 am

Re: ISBoxer and Latency

ping time to the game servers is usually the most important factor.

For network bandwidth , it's a bit of a finger in the air thing as it depends on what you are doing, and how much data needs to be transmitted at the time to convey that, along with the environmental factors (how many others are in the area for example).
At a guess I would say 1.5Mb per character, but this also takes into account that latency (ping to servers) and loss of bandwidth to the servers (i.e. you don't get a full bandwidth connection) that comes with slower connections has an impact, and the actual usage is generally much lower e.g. in the 200Kbps range and probably much less - otherwise the servers would end up overloaded with the bandwidth requirements of supporting 15000 players at a time.

Also, if you are using a wifi connection, this is going to be your biggest loss.
You can measure your bandwidth to the servers to see what is being used. The simplistic method is to look at task manager.
You could also use task manager for some other basic looksees at things like CPU/RAM, and even GPU these days. There are better tools out there, but these will give a reasonable indication if there happens to be a bottleneck somewhere. Usually the last choice is bandwidth on the internet connection

Return to World of Warcraft