FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

How do you even gather (herbs/ores) "efficiently"?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ares0027

Post Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:17 pm

How do you even gather (herbs/ores) "efficiently"?

So, first time actual isboxer user :) I have watches quite a lot of MiRai's videos (especiall those 2hr+ ones) and created my isboxer and layouts etc. But the thing is i am not efficient, i have a lot of quirks to take care of. So any tips or suggestions?

What happens is, i have 5 druids, 1 highmountain tauren, 4 zandalari troll.

1- I see an HERB
2- I move with an angle or dive directly over it in flight form
3- I press X for approx. a second to make sure they are all sitting (I most of the time change form which is faster but occasionally if it is on ledge or something they fall down)
4- I spam "Broadcast the 'Interact with mouseover' " button while moving mouse, praying the gods that they will be aligned on 4 different windows (i have "party castbar" addon which helps on this case a tiny bit)
5- I gather the herb
6- I press and hold "Jump/Flight" button to make sure they are flying (if they are not, they most likely try to follow me by walking which does not work and breaks follow)
7- I press "Follow Me" button and they follow me.

If it is an ORE then it is worse
1- same
2- same
3- I change form which is faster than sitting down
Rest is the same

But people i see who farm with 5 druids are coming to herb/ore, gather in one single action and fly away. Mine takes about 7-8 seconds extra time than just mining, other people are doing it in 1 and maaaaaybe 2 seconds.

Any tips?

P.S. I dont think it is profile/layout related so i did not post it. I can if necessary
<<

SLOKnightfall

Post Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:42 pm

Re: How do you even gather (herbs/ores) "efficiently"?

It takes a little practice and patience to get the hang of it. When I first started I found it easier to switch form to pick/mine then flight form away. Now I can pick herbs on a 5 man team in flight form fairly quickly. Your method is similar to mine, so you are on the right track I think. One thing you want to make sure you have are the glove gathering enchants as that cuts down gathering time significantly. :)

What I do is when I see a node I try to swoop down and come at it head on at ground level, stopping when my lead character is right on the node. I then have a custom keymap in ISBoxer that combines the move forward key and the sit/move down actions in WoW. I then tap that a few times which moves the rest of the group up to the node and should get them close enough to the ground to pick. I then have another custom ISBoxer keymap bound to shift+mouseweheel up that has the following actions, Run a SetView(4) macro which syncs all the game views, Sync Cursor, and then sends the Interact with Mouseover game keybind. The characters should be clustered close enough that you should be getting all the characters to trigger the node gather. Once everyone gathered I then tap a keybind that triggers the ISboxer key broadcast state and use the jump key to have them all lift off and then tap the broadcast keybind again to turn it off. I only have jump enabled on the lead character, and you can probably do the same with the team jump keybind, I just find that this works best for me. After everyone is in the air I tap the follow keybind and head off to the next node. Mining is just about the same except Ill toggle flight form right before the node then toggle flight form right after gathering.
<<

isee9

Post Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:25 pm

Re: How do you even gather (herbs/ores) "efficiently"?

Hey SLOKnightfall,
Is there any chance you could explain how you have made these actions in ISBoxer?
I have managed to set a button up to set the view, sync cursor and interact with mouseover but I am struggling to get them lined up with the herb, sat down and then setting off again.

Any help I would be very grateful

Thanks
Isee9

Return to World of Warcraft