FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Problem with update 10/3/20 (Classic)

Moderator: MiRai

<<

nissarti06

Post Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:11 am

Problem with update 10/3/20 (Classic)

Hello, I have a problem since Tuesday's update.
When I launch wow with Inner Space the left and right mouse buttons are reversed.
When I launch wow with the launcher everything is normal.
What could it come from?
Thanks in advance
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:28 pm

Re: Problem with update 10/3/20 (Classic)

are you a goofy hand ?

Innerspace doesn't specifically reverse buttons like that. Sounds more like a language or config file setting. Perhaps check the per character config-charname.wtf files for differences to the standard config.wtf to see if there are any likely candidate settings.
<<

nissarti06

Post Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:28 am

Hello and thank you for this quick response.

Indeed I have a mouse for left-handed, but I repeat I had no worries before the update.
For the differences the config files are at these lines:
SET gameTip
SET lastAddonVersion

On config.character.wtf there are:
SET gxWindow "1"
SET maxfps "0"
SET maxfpsbk "0"

On config.wtf there are:
SET gxWindowedResolution "1877x1004"
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:19 am

1. Update ISBoxer Toolkit
2. Export to Inner Space
2a. When ISBoxer tells you that it found this line and it will cause the game to crash, tell it "Yes" to let it remove the line from the affected files
On config.wtf there are:
SET gxWindowedResolution "1877x1004"

3. Launch team
<<

nissarti06

Post Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:22 pm

Good evening Iax,

I'm already at the latest version, and I've already exported to Inner Space.

I just know that before the update everything was ok, but that since the update when I launch wow with I.S the mouse buttons are reversed. So if I launch the game normally by the official launcher no problem.

Attention, I'm content for now, I adapt. But it is true that this is not normal.
<<

Eto

Post Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:48 pm

hey guys =)

i am also have a left-handed mouse and the exact same problem. after the latest classic update my mouse buttens are reversed wenn i start wow over inner space and isboxer.
<<

amshak

Post Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:01 pm

Same problem. only in classic. i was redirected to this thread for a solution but it appears that there is none?
<<

bob

Post Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:21 pm

Not for your mouse buttons no. We don't know what is causing it, as the game is the only thing that has updated (well, when the problem started), so there is something different in the game, that is not being catered for. If you can't find a setting which in the wtf might be applicable to the situation, then it is a bit of a waiting game until we can figure out what else changed in the game client, and presumably the driver it is using.

A workaround would be to create a couple of mapped keys to swap your mouse buttons around, e.g. Mouse1 to Mouse2 and Mouse2 to Mouse1. To get this to work for a single client and for broadcasting does require more than just a couple of simple remaps though. I was working through all the elements to do this before posting it as a potential temporary workaround.
<<

Eto

Post Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:51 pm

bob wrote:A workaround would be to create a couple of mapped keys to swap your mouse buttons around, e.g. Mouse1 to Mouse2 and Mouse2 to Mouse1. To get this to work for a single client and for broadcasting does require more than just a couple of simple remaps though. I was working through all the elements to do this before posting it as a potential temporary workaround.

can you give me help there? I'm not that experienced with the tool yet.
would be super nice ^^
<<

bob

Post Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:48 pm

....This is almost a whole different topic now. i.e. how to create a setup to do xxxx. May split it off....

It's several steps. This is how I would do it (well this is the end result)

Instructions on how I did that.
  1. Create the 4 mapped keys. I did these manually, you could use the Wizard (these are Key Re-maps)
    To create these, I right clicked on the Mapped Keys node at the top left, named them, set the Hotkey to trigger it.

Then expand, and select Step 1. Right click the Actions node, and select Keystroke Actions -> Keystroke Action.

Set the Key to send to the game, and the Target. For the Current Window, the Target is Window:Current.

Repeat, but remap Mouse2 to Mouse 1

And repeat again for the Other Windows
    For the Other Windows mapped keys, the Target is Window: All w/o Current.

The Other Windows mapped keys are also disabled by default. This can be achieved by using the Advanced node to the left, or Shift+Click on the mapped key so it is RED.

Go back and make sure all 4 Re-map mapped keys are set to Hold Any Keystroke = On. This is so you can swing the Camera.

2. Modify the Activate Mouse Repeat mapped key to add in two actions to each step. This is for when mouse broadcasting ONLY you want all windows to receive the mouse buttons. If you don't use the Mouse Repeat by itself (i.e. when broadcasting you use the general keys and mouse, you can skip this). See instructions below as it is the same anyway, just different location.

3. This is the same as the Activate Mouse Repeat, but for the general broadcasting (Keys and Mouse).
    Expand out the nodes and select Step 1
    Right click the Actions, and select Key Map Actions -> Mapped Key State Action.

Select the Remap Mouse1 to Mouse2 - Other Windows, and set to ON. Target is Window:Current

Repeat for the Remap Mouse2 to Mouse1 - Other Windows.

Now select Step 2
    Right click the Actions, and select Key Map Actions -> Mapped Key State Action.
    Select the Remap Mouse1 to Mouse2 - Other Windows, and set to OFF. Target is Window:Current
    Repeat for the Remap Mouse2 to Mouse1 - Other Windows.
Next

Return to World of Warcraft