FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Update 3-10-20 Having issue (Classic Wow)

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Evolve

Post Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:10 pm

Update 3-10-20 Having issue (Classic Wow)

I had a Graphics driver update today and since the game is unplayable if launched through Innerspace.
the the windows become unresponsive, though the task manager doesnt say they are.
its hard to click on them and move them.
The game seems fine if I launch through the launcher or if I go into the folder and click the executable, but if launched through innerspace it becomes unplayable.

I tried to reinstall the driver once already.

Any ideas?

EDIT 1: Uninstalled the driver completely and reinstalled, but the same issue.
Going to have to revert to older driver at this point.

EDIT 2: tried an older version of graphics driver and still having issue now.
Used DDU to Remove old Nvida Driver then reinstalled Graphics driver.
Uninstalled innerspace and reinstalled it and still have issue.
Tried to create a new Team profile to test. Same issue.

Only change today I recall was a Graphics driver update. I'm not sure whats going on at this point.
My wow client runs fine as long as its not launched by innerspace.
If I chose to just run a client from the innserspace menu such as "World of warcraft classic client" I dont see a problem, but soon as i select a Team profile I have issue. the windows lag, hard to move them around. Some are hard to close. Have to select close all windows from the taskbar.

Im on version 1.16 Build 6651

EDIT 3: Figured out that this seems to only be happening with the Classic client.
My retail version doesn't seem to be affected.
I am not sure if this is a wow update issue now. I forgot there was an update to wow classic today to download.

EDIT 4: Deleted the entire WTF folder for WOW as suggested in Discord. This did not work to fix the issue.
Tried restoring the WTF folder and just deleted character config wtf files. This did not work.
Tried deleting WTF again, login through launcher once and all characters once, logout, reboot computer, then try and launch from innerspace and this did not work.

EDIT 5: Performed a Scan and Repair from the wow launcher. This did not help anything.

EDIT 6: Sent DMP file as requested in Discord to Lax.
Last edited by Evolve on Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:52 pm

Re: Update 2-10-20 Having issue (Classic Wow)

Evolve wrote:EDIT 4: Deleted the entire WTF folder for WOW as suggested in Discord. This did not work to fix the issue.
IN case someone else is reading this.
Deleting the entire WTF folder has never been suggested. It is always the config-CHARNAME.wtf files in the top level WTF folder, as these files are the only items that are different when launching via ISBoxer vs not ISBoxer.

However, that said, this is being looked into further as it appears it may not be just a config issue, as initially appeared based on anecdotal evidence. Keep you (and anyone else listening) posted.

/e Update 1
It appears to be the set gxWindowedResolution line in the wtf files. If you remove this line from all the affected config-CHARNAME.wtf files.
And make sure set gxMaximize "1" is set (rather than 0), this should make the problem go away.

We are looking at why. and what can be done about it.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:50 am

ISBoxer 42.14.0312.1 will help resolve this issue.

https://www.lavishsoft.com/release/isboxer/v/42.14.0312.1
* World of Warcraft Classic 1.13.4 compatibility update
* ISBoxer Addon version updated, no longer 'Out of date'

* ISSUE: WoW Classic 1.13.4 introduced a new window sizing behavior that can cause crashes with ISBoxer. The game no longer treats 'gxWindowedResolution' (in Config.WTF) as a trusted setting, and the game will choose to replace the value on its own (specifically, when it feels the 'gxWindowedResolution' setting is too close to the size of your screen... the game now decides for you).
* WORKAROUND: ISBoxer will now offer to remove the 'gxWindowedResolution' line in order to prevent 1. the game from using the wrong resolution, and 2. the crash when ISBoxer attempts to correct the resolution at launch time.

So to have the complete workaround:
1. Update ISBoxer to 42.14.0312.1 via Help->About ISBoxer
2. Export to Inner Space
3. When ISBoxer suggests correcting `gxWindowedResolution` TELL IT YES

That should get everyone going
<<

alanwick

Post Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:55 pm

Nope. No change. Updated. Exported. Nothing. Fixed absolutely nothing. Confirmed YES. Nothing.
<<

Evolve

Post Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:38 pm

Re: Update 3-10-20 Having issue (Classic Wow)

unfortunately this update seems to have the same behavior for me as it did previously.
I cant switch game into windowed. Once I do I have all the same symptoms as I mentioned in OG post and for me that's a deal breaker.
I just haven't been able to use isboxer since.

I think this was just an automated workaround to what bob had posted for users to not have to manually edit files which explains the same behavior.

lax wrote:ISBoxer 42.14.0312.1 will help resolve this issue.

https://www.lavishsoft.com/release/isboxer/v/42.14.0312.1
* World of Warcraft Classic 1.13.4 compatibility update
* ISBoxer Addon version updated, no longer 'Out of date'

* ISSUE: WoW Classic 1.13.4 introduced a new window sizing behavior that can cause crashes with ISBoxer. The game no longer treats 'gxWindowedResolution' (in Config.WTF) as a trusted setting, and the game will choose to replace the value on its own (specifically, when it feels the 'gxWindowedResolution' setting is too close to the size of your screen... the game now decides for you).
* WORKAROUND: ISBoxer will now offer to remove the 'gxWindowedResolution' line in order to prevent 1. the game from using the wrong resolution, and 2. the crash when ISBoxer attempts to correct the resolution at launch time.

So to have the complete workaround:
1. Update ISBoxer to 42.14.0312.1 via Help->About ISBoxer
2. Export to Inner Space
3. When ISBoxer suggests correcting `gxWindowedResolution` TELL IT YES

That should get everyone going
<<

alanwick

Post Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:28 am

Found the problem.

After "updating" my version was STILL version 42.14.312.1 NOT 42.14.0312.1. Even with a fresh install it installs 42.14.312.1 with no option to update.

YOUR DOWNLOAD PAGE doesn't even download the current version. So if you could just make it available to us? Please?

Interestingly enough on the help > about window it tells us we have the old version while proudly proclaiming what the newest version that we cannot access actually is. TEASE!!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:26 am

Found the problem.

After "updating" my version was STILL version 42.14.312.1 NOT 42.14.0312.1. Even with a fresh install it installs 42.14.312.1 with no option to update.

YOUR DOWNLOAD PAGE doesn't even download the current version. So if you could just make it available to us? Please?

Sir ...

Version 42.14.312.1 ....
Is literally... 42.14.0312.1.

The 03 12 is March 12.

You may kindly place your foot into your mouth.

I cant switch game into windowed. Once I do I have all the same symptoms as I mentioned in OG post and for me that's a deal breaker.
I just haven't been able to use isboxer since.

I'm sorry, I'm a bit confused as to what you're trying to say you need to do here. The problem resolved by this is the crash at launch. Everything required to use ISBoxer beyond that appears to be solid. Yes, if you end up putting that line back, you're going to end up with the same problem as before ISBoxer removed it.

Can you please explain what you mean that you need to "switch the game into windowed"? Are you not using a Window Layout? If you're using a Window Layout, what does "switch the game into windowed" have to do with it? Can you not use "windowed maximized"?

The game -- not ISBoxer -- changed its behavior for this setting, with WoW Classic 1.13.4. If your screen is not a certain amount larger than the value in the setting, your setting is not even going to be used. The game changes the setting automatically, giving you a smaller window than you intended. We are responding to the game's change.

Edit: altbob says you're wanting to not use a Window Layout. You can work around the issue by manually specifying a gxWindowResolution setting that is small enough that the game does not automatically change it. Based on its auto-resizing to something like 90%, I'd say it must be about 10% smaller than your screen size to be unaffected.
<<

Evolve

Post Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:49 pm

I'm sorry, I'm a bit confused as to what you're trying to say you need to do here. The problem resolved by this is the crash at launch. Everything required to use ISBoxer beyond that appears to be solid. Yes, if you end up putting that line back, you're going to end up with the same problem as before ISBoxer removed it.

I was never having crashing. I was only having the issues I posted in the OP. which was mainly the windows couldnt be moved around with out lag and becoming unresponsive.

Can you please explain what you mean that you need to "switch the game into windowed"? Are you not using a Window Layout? If you're using a Window Layout, what does "switch the game into windowed" have to do with it? Can you not use "windowed maximized"?

Ive never used a window layout. I have always used just window mode. I dont like the feel of the window layouts. The size monitors I have and resolution i use make the window layout take up to much room on screen for me. I like to be able to move my windows where i want easily. So ive never used a layout. When Innerspace launches my team its always just opening windows. such a webpage.

and yes I am able to maximize windows. What i normally do after I launch is move windows where i want then maximize.
I also sometimes when taking a break shrink the windows down to small squares. if not being used. seems to take a little stress off my video card.

Edit: altbob says you're wanting to not use a Window Layout. You can work around the issue by manually specifying a gxWindowResolution setting that is small enough that the game does not automatically change it. Based on its auto-resizing to something like 90%, I'd say it must be about 10% smaller than your screen size to be unaffected.

the WTF files already had a setting quite a bit smaller than my pc screen Resolution since i always shrink windows down to smallest size beofre exiting the game. SET gxWindowedResolution "320x240"
Unless I misunderstand what you're telling me. With that said the behavior I get with this is what i mention in the first post.
as i attempt to drag the windows around my screen and put them where i want, they are hard to move. Its lags when trying to drag them around. Like stutter moving. Some become unresponsive. Before patch and for years this never happened. It doesnt happen if I dont launch a team or with retail or through the game launcher. It only happens when launching a team through innerspace.
Speaking with staff yesterday though i was able to get a workaround to bring windows back to life and try and move them as i please.
only issue i notice is that sometimes when clicking onto a different game window it now takes a few clicks. for mouse to work. its odd
<<

alanwick

Post Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:07 pm

"Sir ...

Version 42.14.312.1 ....
Is literally... 42.14.0312.1.

The 03 12 is March 12.

You may kindly place your foot into your mouth."

Listen "sir", I am one of isboxers soon to be FORMER customers. Grow up, show some maturity and act like you got past third grade. If it is the same version LIST the thing as the same version. And stop claiming a new version works when it obviously doesn't. My foot may have been in my mouth but definitely not where your head is. Now fix the damn program or I will happily move on. I don't pay for the convenience of isboxer for the programmers to become lazy and try to pass off the, "just go in and edit some files or change some settings."

It worked. Now it doesn't. Lets face facts. Blizzard beat you.

And yes Evolve, I have exactly the same issues. These have got to be new people. They used to fix issues not duck and dodge and tell the customer to fix them.

And Jesus how lazy can you be? A workaround? I am PAYING for YOU to do that.
<<

tanro

Post Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:43 pm

Is 42.14.312.1 the same 42.14.0312.1

I dont have an option to update, and am on 42.14.312.1 I dont have those settings in my wtf, and I also dont have any question asked when I export...

----

Fixed mine

Navigate in Finder/File Explorer to world of warcraft installation, open WTF folder, OPEN Config-"characterName", Use search to ensure "SET gxMaximize "1"" is not present, if it is not present, paste it at the end of the file save and close. You need to do this for every character.
Next

Return to World of Warcraft