FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Action Bar overlay and Key bindings

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Silencious

Post Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:57 am

Action Bar overlay and Key bindings

Hi can you help? How do I move the action bar overlay once loaded into my alts? Also. I have set my delete key on all my alts to be bound to the number 1 above Q, but it only works on my attacker. Is there a way to use these keys as I use the up/down arrow keys to move due to limited movement in my shoulder and I have del = 1, end= 2, pgdown =3, as you can see some are bound to one of the action bars, hard to explain
Attachments
keys.jpg
indication of bindins
keys.jpg (5.44 KiB) Viewed 6082 times
<<

Silencious

Post Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:08 pm

Re: Action Bar overlay and Key bindings

I have sorted the overlay, you activate the console panel. The key binding remains an issue.

I want del=1, ins= the key above 1 on wow
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:58 pm

Hi. The answer is it depends.

If you want the clickable overlay bar, then you have to change a few pieces (noting that while you click on it, it actually sends keystrokes to the game).
If you just want the keys to work, then there is less involved.

For the second part, you use the Mapped Key Wizard in the Wizards menu. Create some either straight key broadcast, or Assist plus Broadcast mapped key types, depending on your needs.

If you want them to be clickable, and/or change the existing overlay bar, then that is more work and involves editing the Menus that make up the Standard menu. The easy option would be to locate the Button set of the Standard menu, and update the applicable button to run your new mapped key. If it's a whole new menu, that becomes more complicated as a result.
<<

Silencious

Post Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:31 pm

its the how to do that, that's the problem. All I want it a point to where I go,I have key bound del=1 in solo and it works.But how do I get the del key to the key 1 for all my alts/ character whilst in isboxer? Once i know how to set up the key I can get up and running :|
<<

bob

Post Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:11 pm

bob wrote: you use the Mapped Key Wizard in the Wizards menu. Create some either straight key broadcast, or Assist plus Broadcast mapped key types, depending on your needs.
<<

Silencious

Post Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:20 am

wizard1-min.jpg
wizard1-min.jpg (210.04 KiB) Viewed 6018 times
bob wrote:
bob wrote: you use the Mapped Key Wizard in the Wizards menu. Create some either straight key broadcast, or Assist plus Broadcast mapped key types, depending on your needs.

Thank you for your time and effort but its the process of picking which keys from the key wizard that I get confused. I can click key wizard...but struggle to make head or tail where to go from there. Can you help? remember I want the del key to activate the 1 key
Attachments
wizard3-min.jpg
wizard3-min.jpg (243.3 KiB) Viewed 6018 times
wizard2-min.jpg
wizard2-min.jpg (204.74 KiB) Viewed 6018 times
<<

Silencious

Post Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:26 am

No Body can help me?
<<

bob

Post Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:41 am

Part of this is to help yourself. Did you click the Finish button in the Wizard, Export the config change to InnerSpace, and then test it out. If you did, based on those screenshots, you would have found that you press DEL, and it would go to all Windows.

There are several other options for help too.
Help menu -> User Manual (this is the top right quadrant of the toolkit), or you can use a browser and go to https://isboxer.com/wiki
Youtube, search for "ISBoxer mapped key" the Mapped Key 101 video is a good start too. There are a bunch of others that come up from Multiboxology and TheRealMiRai that are all decent.

ATEOTD, it's not as difficult as you are thinking. If you run from the Wizards menu at the top it does ask you which Key Map to place your new mapped key in. For beginners, the "ISB42 - Custom Hotkeys" key map is a good choice. As the description would show you.
Image.

From there, depending on what type of mapped key you chose to create, will determine some of the following options. Lets say you just want to press DEL, and have that go to all Windows (this assumes the toons don't need to target any mobs or such before doing whatever they're doing). This is a Straight Key Broadcast. As the description says....
Image You press the key, it goes to one or more windows.

Then it is a case of the last window properties.

The target option does have some shorthand, but it is a fairly easy jump.
Window: All w/ Current. mean All Windows. i.e. All Windows with Current active window.
Window: All w/o Current means All Windows EXCEPT the CURRENT active window (the toon you are controlling directly). i.e. All Windows without current Current.

The other options are getting more specific:
A specific Character Slot (each toon loads up in a Slot). It provides character names relevant to the context character set to help make this easier.
A specific Character, i.e. if you load a different team without this character, this wont work.

Groups. These are Action Target Groups, where you can make a group that contains specific characters, across multiple teams. only the loaded characters will count. Usually used for common classifications, like Warrior/Mage/Druid/FireSpec/IceSpec etc.

For the most part, start out with the Defaults that get presented to you because they are pre-selected for a reason.
<<

Silencious

Post Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:21 am

Here's my pictures.
Attachments
Keys003-min.jpg
Keys003-min.jpg (11.46 KiB) Viewed 5982 times
Keys002-min.jpg
Keys002-min.jpg (13.24 KiB) Viewed 5982 times
Keys-min.jpg
Keys-min.jpg (49.6 KiB) Viewed 5982 times
Last edited by bob on Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed unnecessary quote
<<

Silencious

Post Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:22 am

Explorted to all alts but still nothing
Attachments
Keys004-min.jpg
and finished with export to all keys but still nothing
Keys004-min.jpg (12.53 KiB) Viewed 5982 times
Next

Return to World of Warcraft