FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Mixed group troubles

Moderator: MiRai

<<

lonexilesoul

Post Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:38 am

Mixed group troubles

my group is 2 melee 2 casters.
I've tried every method i found and for sure watched MiRai videos.
But nothing works for me - casters don't assist melee or nobody assist.
I almost gave up, but then i've found accidentally 1 workaround - if instead of melee (tank, in my plans), i choose as master any caster, then all start assisting... if i switch window to any melee - no assist, no IWT.
This method is ok as temporary, but later i can't tank from caster perspective, so i would like to have warrior as master.
Maybe someone can help and fix my configuration file or point what to change.
Thanks in advance

See attachment

My trial ends and i'm in doubt - buy soft which i could not configure over week (if it's configurable and suits my needs) or don't
Attachments
ISBoxerToolkitProfile.XML
(274.02 KiB) Downloaded 191 times
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:10 am

Re: Mixed group troubles

So, there are a couple of minor things that won't work too well with your config.

You have SHIFT+5 bound as the hotkey to trigger Assist.

But it is also used for another hotkey, which is used to trigger SHIFT+5 on your action bars.

You've got the same thing with Follow, but that is using SHIFT+7. Its not that these things will break it all, but having hotkeys double bound is generally a bad plan, unless you are more familiar with managing state in ISBoxer.

However, that is likely not your guys problem with not assisting your melee. That is more likely that you have not disabled Key Maps when setting some in game binds while using ISBoxer, and that has meant that the Auto Assist on the ISboxer hotkey has sent it's assist command first, and your bind is now in game on SHIFT+Backspace, and not what you were intending to send it to. ISBoxer uses Backspace in the ISBoxer addon for Assist. It means you cannot use it elsewhere. This is quite common, and thus we have a FAQ on it. https://isboxer.com/w/index.php?title=F ... 7t_work.3F

Of note, there is a long list just under that, which includes other ways you can break the Assist and Follow macros. Mostly all the reasons stem from binding Backspace (or CTRL/SHIFT/ALT + Backspace) or F11 (or CTRL/SHIFT/ALT + F11) to other things in the in game keybinds (or other addons).

Also be aware that Assist only gets your other toons to take the target. It doesn't move them at all.
<<

lonexilesoul

Post Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:02 am

Re: Mixed group troubles

I solved all of my problems but one.

My mixed group now is:
Melee:
Warrior

Ranged:
Elemental shaman
Priest
Mage
Warlock

Problem:
When i press IWT or ability on bar (Warrior - Charge/Melee ability, ALL others - cast spell 20+ range), Warrior run to melee, casters run to "wand" range and shaman in every situation keeps running together with warrior into melee... and only then casting spell...
I've tried different options, but can't keep shaman with other ranged, only way to keep him in ranged - break all things, keep ranged on follow and drive warrior... (that's not acceptable)

Attaching my current settings
Attachments
horde-mixed.xml
my current setup
(309.85 KiB) Downloaded 193 times

Return to World of Warcraft