FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Assist me not working & other issues

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Believeinsteve

Post Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:05 pm

Assist me not working & other issues

It seems like every time I want to use isboxer is just creates issues and I end up just giving up on it since its just that much easier to leave one character solo than work hours & hours just to find out whats wrong with one or two simple issues that were never a problem til the update sometime during spring/summer of 2013...

http://www.privatepaste.com/d7595d5310

Anyways heres the problems

1) I'm rolling a duo. The alternate window is my healer and right now while questing it doesn't seem to be assisting me correctly. It feels like it does sometimes, but thats about it. Its unpredictable so I can't tell why it won't assist sometimes.

2) Click to move keeps turning off. Period. I had this problem last night, forgot how I fixed it, and since I relaunched wow on isboxer it seems to be having this issue.

I honestly don't know where to start. I've been on google trying to find a fix for either of these issues and just when I think I get close, doesn't work. Honestly, if I could re-roll back to one of the updates I had before september 2012 I would love to. It was the most simplistic & easiest to use. I had that thing rolling within minutes. I can't even get this working after hours.

EDIT 1: They seem to assist in combat like normal, but not with interact with target. And they will only assist in combat if they don't have a target currently.
<<

Kaische

Post Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:11 pm

Re: Assist me not working & other issues

With ISBoxer #41 the Quick Setup Wizard changed a bit as you may noticed in the last step.

I suggest you watch this ISBoxer 41 Quick Setup Wizard and WoW Gameplay demo and commentary.
And a quick overview about the new Menus aka "green boxes".

2) FAQ: Why does Click to Move keep turning off
<<

Believeinsteve

Post Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:50 pm

The interact with target issue is still not working after following the video's demo. This is becoming frustrating.
<<

Believeinsteve

Post Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:05 pm

I'm nearly 100% sure it has something to do with the assist me portion, and I have no idea how to fix this.

The best fix in my opinion? Reverting to a build that actually worked back in mid 2012. I leveled up 4 toons in that time without a single issue that I couldn't fix within 5 minutes. I've been sitting here for 5 hours trying to figure out what the problem is. Still waiting for a response while I try and fix it myself.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:09 pm

Believeinsteve wrote:I'm nearly 100% sure it has something to do with the assist me portion, and I have no idea how to fix this.

The best fix in my opinion? Reverting to a build that actually worked back in mid 2012. I leveled up 4 toons in that time without a single issue that I couldn't fix within 5 minutes. I've been sitting here for 5 hours trying to figure out what the problem is. Still waiting for a response while I try and fix it myself.

You're just making it out to be more complicated than it is. Even if you switched back to ISBoxer 40, all of this would work exactly as it does for you now, because IWT and Assist worked the same way then as they do now.

The issue is all but guaranteed to be one of two things:
1. The ISBoxer Addon is disabled. I'm assuming it's not this one or you should first complain that Follow isn't working. I assume that's working, so moving on...
2. Your in-game key bindings include a conflicting key binding on Backspace. The in-game key bindings screen might not even show anything conflicting, if you have Addons like Bartender which have hidden Hotkeys. You could disable your other Addons to make sure one of them isn't conflicting, or follow this FAQ entry FAQ: I recently set a key binding in the game and now assist doesn't work? which instructs you to go into the WoW Key Bindings screen, in the game, and purposefully set bindings using Backspace, and especially Shift+Backspace, and then un-bind (clear) them. Note that if you're clearing Backspace, you will want to reload the ISBoxer Addon to re-enable the Assist binding.
(Neither of these issues or suggestions have changed in years)

Lastly since you spent time inside ISBoxer looking for a problem that doesn't exist in the wizard-generated configuration, you have at least one Character Set in your profile that isn't going to work right. "Duo paladin" has both sets of default Key Maps assigned; you can delete that Character Set...
<<

arusso91

Post Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:04 pm

I know this a super dead post but thank for sending the link to the trouble shooting tips...i had bound backspace and f11 on accident in bartender so then my standard menu along with my assist key maps stopped working, and Ive been going crazy for 2hrs trying to figure out why. Anyways thank you again that was a huge help!!!

Return to World of Warcraft