Post Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:17 am

Character won't load after name change - help appreciated!

Hey guys!

Im having a bit of an issue with one of my characters and was hoping someone may be able to offer insight!

Basically i decided to name change the character in question to the name of another character than i deleted. Now, whenever i try to load up this character through isboxer, im greeted with a white screen, whereas the second character hes paired with always loads up just fine.

I have tried combinations with different characters, all with the same result. I have had multiple characters in the past with the same name, so i went into the WTF WoW folder and deleted all previous characters with the same name and then logged into my current character so that isboxer would for sure recognize that specific character and not get mixed up with old characters of the same name (so only the character i wanted showed up as an option in isboxer). If i try to input the character in manually, it loads up the WoW classic client instead for some reason, then loads up current WoW for the second paired character.

I also deleted the WTF folder of the name my chosen character was previously. So basically i had a 100% clean slate, according to what shows up right now in my isboxer character list. If i try to input the character in manually, it loads up the WoW classic client instead for some reason, then loads up current WoW for the second paired character.

However, even after this, i continue to get the white screen on load only with this character. I tried updating isboxer also, but to no avail. I am also setting up the character combo exactly as i normally do, with no mistakes.

Would anyone happen to have any advice for me? Would i have to just get another name change to a name ive never used before for it to work? Or am i just messing up somewhere?

Any help would be much appreciated - thank you in advance!