FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[Devs Help Needed] Launching via an external .exe

Moderator: MiRai

<<

megakot21112

Post Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:09 am

[Devs Help Needed] Launching via an external .exe

I've been using ISBoxer a couple days now and really enjoying it. However, I have one problem. Typically I run a WoW client with edited models. The way it works is through an external mod launcher that has its own .exe and injects files into the client (I imagine, much like ISBoxer does itself). It has no GUI and instead runs as a command line tool, then closes itself and opens a WoW client. However I have been unable to launch it with ISBoxer at all. While ISBoxer finds the .exe and starts it, the actual part where the replacement files are injected into the client doesn't go through and the client doesn't launch, instead the console window closes itself (I tried using the -p attribute to check it out but it doesn't work, from what I can tell at the part where the modding client is meant to load filemappings for changed meshes, it simply doesn't go through. Taking a closer look at the console, could it be some kind of conflict between variable names in ISBoxer and the mod launcher?

Anyway, if someone can help with this problem, or if there is a way to inject ISBoxer after starting the client and when it's already running, I would really appreciate finding out. Right now it's the main tradeoff keeping me from subscribing as I really like to fiddle with graphics mods and can't stomach Classic without them.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:56 pm

Re: [Devs Help Needed] Launching via an external .exe

No. ISboxer and Innerspace expect to launch the game.

If you have something you want to use as a Launcher, make sure it has the word "launcher" in the exe name, and it might work as then ISBoxer will at least recognise it as a launcher, and attempt to account for it. If that doesn't work (or is already the case), then chance are it's not just replacing the odd model or two, and rather doing something that ends up stepping on the toes of Innerspace's sandbox.

Return to World of Warcraft