FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Anyone else having issues?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Hoodwinkel

Post Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:49 am

Anyone else having issues?

Launching my sets gives me a battelnet error, saying its trying to launch an old version. Tried updating Lavish software but didnt do anything.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:13 am

Re: Anyone else having issues?

This is usually because you have the characters loading the World of Warcraft Launcher.exe, but Innerspace is pointing at the copy of this in the _classic_ folder, rather than the parent folder. The World of Warcraft Luancher.exe in the _classic_ folder is an artifact leftover from Blizzard rearranging things.

Update the game profile to point at the correct launcher exe.
https://gfycat.com/DelightfulEvilGroundhog <-- editing a game profile
https://gfycat.com/PoliteQuaintHedgehog <-- set the game profile on a character (if you already have another game profile pointing at the correct launcher.exe)
<<

Hoodwinkel

Post Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:01 am

Dont think so. Rebooted and problem remained. Tested launching a BFA set and that went fine. Its only my classic sets.
<<

Hoodwinkel

Post Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:06 am

Renamed my wowClassic.exe to wow.exe and it works again.
<<

Wizeowel

Post Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:45 am

Hoodwinkel wrote:Renamed my wowClassic.exe to wow.exe and it works again.

You posted also on 17th December that you did that. But the Blizzard updater won't update wow.exe in the classic folder. So you will get this problem with every patch.

Bob is telling you the correct solution: update the game profile to point to wowclassic.exe :-)
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:46 am

We can blame Blizzard for this too when they decided to rename the _classic_\wow.exe to _classic_\wowclassic.exe, which stuffed up the game profiles previously pointing at the _classic_\wow.exe. You are working around that in one manner which just adds a step on the patch process for you.

You could fix up the game profile so it points at the wowclassic.exe
<<

Hoodwinkel

Post Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:09 am

I did what you both said first didnt work for me got a blizzard error. I know ive done this before, i also know its a temp solution. Its something that worked for me for now. Litterally 30secs ago my battlenet updated and it all works as it should now.

Also i didnt change me sets to point to wow.exe they still point to wowclassic.exe . By renaming it battlenet on launch provided me with a new one that worked.

Return to World of Warcraft