FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

When I switch toons I don't get promoted to leader

Moderator: MiRai

<<

globalfugitive

Post Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:41 am

When I switch toons I don't get promoted to leader

Hi there

Hoping someone can assist ... When I switch toons I don't get promoted to leader in WoW Classic. It was working fine, then I got auto logged out from AKF, then when I logged back in this issue started to happen. I'm pretty sure I haven't changed any settings in ISBoxer but could be wrong (super beginner level) ... I was just following MiRai's videos on implementing some basic features and everything was working fine. This is the second time it has happened and i don't really want to reset everything to start again, hoping someone can assist.

Profile attached.

PS. As an aside, since it started to happen, the export feeature does not reload my WoW Classic client (intermittent). Not sure if this is related. I have tried all the basics like restarting, rebooting, etc.

Edit: I do use EMA and have disabled it but does not help.

Thanks in advance,
BK
Attachments
paladin profile.xml
(270.34 KiB) Downloaded 181 times
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:51 pm

Re: When I switch toons I don't get promoted to leader

What do you mean by "promoted to leader" ISBoxer does nothing to "promote" you as such. It does have the "FTL" setup which is Focusless, Targetless, Leaderless. This is where it should be toon agnostic as to which one happens to have the main input. You have removed the hotkey for JambaMaster, so presumably you dont mean EMA's "Master" or "Party Leader" functions (and JambaMaster only does Master, not Party Leader which is all EMA). Also of note, addons that communicate over in game private channels will no longer work (this might affect EMA and/or others - I don't have the knowledge to say either way).

Reasons it goes wrong is pretty much covered in https://isboxer.com/w/index.php?title=F ... 7t_work.21

Looking at your profile (nothing jumps out as being wrong), I'd make sure that 1. both the ISBoxer Toolkit (Help -> About, then re-export) and InnerSpace (exit and reload and it'll popup if there is an update) are up to date, make sure the ISBoxer Addon is being loaded in game (after the former), and then go through the list. Number 3 is usually the main cause (and only at 3 as the first two are sometimes overlooked but they are key to getting it to work).

If you do have trouble exporting, this can be caused by other software on your system. Usually overzealous security software which is preventing the toolkit from writing files to the program files folders. Exporting does not however load games but should reload the ISBoxer config for the currently launched profile provided you have not renamed the team or characters etc.
<<

globalfugitive

Post Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:56 pm

Re: When I switch toons I don't get promoted to leader

Hi Bob

Thanks for the quick reply. I guess being a newbie at this i must have misunderstood a few things on how ISBoxer works, and may not have used the correct terminology in some places.

By promote to leader, I mean every time I switch toons I see the party leader icon on my main character's plate (I use ElvUI which highlights this). The issues starting coincides with the icon not changing when I switch toons.

And by reload game, I meant refresh the game windows.

I removed JambaMaster Hotkey whilst following one of MiRai's videos, and turned off Jamba communications because reading another thread I thought I had a related problem (which I forgot to mention - after combat the toon from my main window starts to follow another toon - and always Slot 3 - I'm not sure if this is somehow related to the 'follow train' which i copied from MiRai's video, although I cannot see anything that would cause that to activate).

However, after reading your comments i realise now that I must have been confused about which addon supplies which function - it is more clear now! - and i got an epiphany whilst reading your comments about the JambaMaster hotkeys.

Turning back on the JambaMaster hotkeys seems to have solved the problems (mostly).

Thanks again for the quick assist, will keep you up to date on progress if anything develops.

Return to World of Warcraft