FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

1.13.3 Patch Background Low FPS

Moderator: MiRai

<<

colorblindbandit

Post Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:15 pm

1.13.3 Patch Background Low FPS

After patch I'm getting single digit FPS in background clients, but normal FPS in foreground. I noticed an initial pop up w/the message, "hardware changed, reload default settings?" but don't get it any longer. Anyone else having this issue? Any suggestions would be appreciated. When I click one of my other boxing windows it immediately increases to normal FPS but due to the low background FPS it's currently unplayable due to the latency.
<<

MasterChad

Post Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:31 pm

Re: 1.13.3 Patch Background Low FPS

Yep, same issue here. I am 3-Boxing.

My main window runs ok. My background windows lag horridly. If I switch to another window that window runs fine but then my new background windows lag.

I am not tech savvy enough to know if it's a WoW issue or ISBoxer issue so I am with the Color Blind Bandit. Any advice is appreciated.

Chad
<<

MasterChad

Post Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:58 pm

I found this on the WoW Forums:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t ... h/385368/3

I tried it though and it didn't help.
<<

colorblindbandit

Post Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:19 pm

I tried the graphics card setting as well. It helped only on the foreground window.

I tried reinstalling ISBoxer & InnerSpace with no luck. Will try reinstalling game tomorrow and post an update.
<<

MasterChad

Post Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:55 pm

I haven't seen anyone else report having this problem that Colorblind and I seem to be having.

Do you think I should completely uninstall IS Boxer and WoW and reinstall them? Is that madness to consider?

Does anyone have any other suggestions or can anyone direct me to post with troubleshooting suggestions?

I'm afraid I am not very savvy when it comes to technical issues and I am relatively new to IS Boxer and multiboxing. I'd appreciate any advice.

It's quite frustrating (as I'm sure you all can imagine) since I cannot multibox at all with this issue.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:12 pm

Chances are you need to re-adjust your in-game graphics settings.

Generally speaking, follow http://isboxer.com/wiki/HOWTO:Tweak_your_framerate
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:37 pm

Some people have had luck by forcing the NVIdia Control Panel settings for wowclassic.exe as well as making sure the in game GPU device is set to the appropriate choice.
<<

MasterChad

Post Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:58 pm

Thanks Lax, I will attempt to go through that link when I get back home.

Bob, thanks for the advice and please forgive my ignorance on all things technical but what do you mean when you say forcing the settings? If it's a long explanation that you don't want to type out I understand and I don't want to be a bother. If you have a good link that would be great to. I did change the in-game settings "Auto Detect" to the NVidia Card.
<<

colorblindbandit

Post Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:19 pm

I followed the HOWTO:Tweak your framerate guide, and also went over the fixes and performance guide. It was a good refresher but I had these recommendations enabled prior to the 1.13.3 patch. I did notice that Ani-Aliasing was set to high, so the patch for sure did something graphics driver related. However, changing "Anti-Aliasing" to "None" does not affect my main issue, which is still poor background fps. Whenever I switch to a new window the FPS increase to normal levels but in the background they hover around 5 to 6 fps. I double checked my driver, I did update it as part of my initial trouble shooting yesterday but it is 441.66 released on 12/10/19, I have a GeForce GTX 970M. I am considering a reinstall of the game but will probably beat my head against this for another day or two before doing so. ANY suggestions are very much appreciated!!!
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:24 pm

If you happen to have an NVidia graphics system.

Image You might have an icon in the system tray for this, or need to look in the Control Panel - this depends on which type of Nvidia Driver is being used on your machine. I happen to have it in my menu.

Next

Return to World of Warcraft