FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

1.13.3 Patch Background Low FPS

Moderator: MiRai

<<

colorblindbandit

Post Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:30 pm

Re: 1.13.3 Patch Background Low FPS

Bob that freaking did it, I could kiss you. Hopefully it works for Chad too. Thank you for your help!
<<

arveinruz

Post Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:57 pm

I'm having the same issue on an ASUS Laptop. It seems that IS Boxer ignores the dedicated GPU.
When I start WoW manually (Launcher or wowclassic.exe) the GTX 1660Ti is used, but launched by IS Boxer the integrated GPU RX Vega is used.

I also had a few "hardware changed" messages, reinstalled Inner Space & GPU Driver, did the settings in the nVidea Control Panel, new window layout - no luck :-(

Is there a setting in Inner Space to use the dedicated GPU?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:02 pm

No there is no setting in ISBoxer/InnerSpace for it.

The other things to try are:
Set the GPU in the game. There is an option for it.
Make a new Window Layout (not an existing one, a new one). - err, ok you did that one...
<<

MasterChad

Post Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:06 pm

Bob, I do have an NVidia card and I have the Icon in my menu. Thank you for the image. Looks way simpler than I feared. I’ll be home in 2+ hours and I’ll report back with my results.

Again, I really appreciate all the help!
<<

MasterChad

Post Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:00 pm

I followed Bob's suggestion and it seems to be working great. Maybe better than it was before the patch. Guess I shoulda done this a while ago.

Thank you so much Bob and Lax!

Arvein, my heart goes out to you. This worked for me and Colorblind so I have to think there is a fix in here for you.

I also uninstalled Geoforce Experience based on the link Lax posted. I don't know if that helped or not but I didn't realize it could affect my performance.
<<

arveinruz

Post Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:14 am

I just wanted to give a feedback in case other struggle with the same problem and find this thread...

After deactivating the internal GPU in Bios a new \\.\DISPLAY# showed up in Windows Layout Wizard - using the nVidea GPU. Everything seems to work fine now, also after reactivating internal GPU.

There is also a thread now on https://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/56778-ISBoxer-using-Intel-GPU-instead-of-Nvidia-after-patch

Cheers & happy boxing!
Previous

Return to World of Warcraft