FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Game Sounds + Slot Swap

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Reckles

Post Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:28 am

Game Sounds + Slot Swap

Just started using Mirai's slot swap vid, and it's helped a ton, but I stream and would like consistent sound levels and sounds for the character I'm looking at.
Is there a way to toggle on sounds for the window:current, and toggle off sounds for all w/o? My initial thought was to Ctrl+S for current, but I don't know of a way to turn off only the most recent window's sounds, and if I broadcast Ctrl+S each swap then it'd just bounce between 1 on/7 off and 7 on/1 off.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:14 pm

Re: Game Sounds + Slot Swap

<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:49 pm

For WoW, the better option may be to just disable the "Sound in Background" option in the game clients, otherwise you'll have to play with the volume mixer when launching outside of Inner Space.
<<

Reckles

Post Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:21 pm

Awesome, that's a start. I do want to keep the music consistent though. Music on Slot 1. Sound swap on active window. Is this possible?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:37 pm

You can either use the option highlighted above, or create yourself a mapped key or several that manage the volume of given windows via Volume Actions.

After having made my own custom volume handling, it actually ends up being rather complicated to get it working as desired, even just replicating the tick box as above. It was easier to let the game handle it with it's own background detection if that was available (i.e. a game like WoW, that doesn't need the "Make game believe it is foreground window" option)

Return to World of Warcraft