FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Follow {FTL} key no longer working

Moderator: MiRai

<<

thegreatconductor

Post Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:24 pm

Follow {FTL} key no longer working

I added a different character to slot 1 and then changed it back but somehow that broke the follow macro. I have looked at other users solutions here and none seem to work for me. Follow is bound to F11 and the isboxer addon is loading correctly on all my accounts. I have attached my config here if anyone can help.
Attachments
config backup.xml
(247.63 KiB) Downloaded 177 times
<<

thegreatconductor

Post Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:47 pm

Re: Follow {FTL} key no longer working

I also tried starting a brand new config using the wizard and it's still not working.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:58 pm

The follow macro is written out with the details of your characters actual names (i.e. the ActualName field on a Character's properties).

You can see what it will be written as here.

After export to InnerSpace, if you have changed anything in the Game Helpers section, or something like the characters in a character set, then if the games are running, then in game, on all games, you will need to use /reload to have WoW reload the addons, and any changed details in the addon. Including the ISBoxer Addon.

However, if you do happen to change things in the character set, like which toon is in what slot, you will also need to relaunch your team from InnerSpace and if the games were still running when you did this, do a /reload in game to get it to reload the addon (which actually uses a bunch of file redirects to get the correct file loaded for the correct characters, so it needs to know the team, hence the relaunch of the set, and then it needs to actually load the files, hence the /reload). This naturally works best if you exit the games and load from scratch, as it solves the have I missed a step mystery.

If Follow is still not working, then chances are you have something bound to F11 or modifiers+F11 in game.
We identified a list of reasons, in pretty much this order, as to why Follow (and assist) might not work. https://isboxer.com/w/index.php?title=F ... 7t_work.21
<<

thegreatconductor

Post Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:37 pm

I tried everything in the link you suggested and double checked that nothing was bound to F11 or any F11 with modifiers in game. I also closed the game and relaunched everything for this character set several times. Then I copied the preview of the follow command into an in game macro but I still get the same error "You have no target". I also double checked that the modifiers for the character slots matched up with the follow preview. None of this has fixed my problem.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:25 am

Well, I can't be sure why it would say that. The macro itself is run on the slave toons when they need to follow someone else (the main). so when testing it, you need to test the combos to follow the other toons. i.e. if you were on slot1, then you would press RIGHTSHIFT+F11 to see if he follows Slot2, LEFTCTRL+F11 for slot3, LEFTALT+F11 for slot4, LEFTCTRL+LEFTSHIFT+F11 for slot5. If that all works, then the ISBoxer macro is working fine. You can test all of the others too, LEFTSHIFT+F11 is slot1, and the others are as previous. If that all works, then the problem is elsewhere (see below).

However, when I looked through your config, you have no mapped keys that actually execute the Follow macro across the slave toons. The default Follow Me mapped key is usually in ISB42 - Base Hotkeys, but that Key Map is empty, like all the mapped keys have been deleted, so I'm not particularly surprised the default setup doesn't work.

What are you pressing to try and get this to work?
Have you tried a Saving a backup of your profile, and then using File -> Clear, and rerunning the wizard to create a new profile, and see if a default base profile from the Wizard will work?
<<

thegreatconductor

Post Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:04 am

I was just pressing F11 but then starting trying what you suggested and found modifiers with F11 did make the windows follow. Then I created a new keymap that mapped to F11 and checked the box "+ Slot ID ("FTL") Modifiers from active slot" and it's working now. Thanks so much for your help!

Return to World of Warcraft