FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Targeting with F2-F5 - slave box spell targets self always

Moderator: MiRai

<<

methods21

Post Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:30 pm

Targeting with F2-F5 - slave box spell targets self always

Hello - I'm rather happy with my setup atm. The one thing that is really preventing me from taking it to the next level is targeting on my slave character.

In Wow, you can hit F1-F5 to target a party member. Now note that F1 on Box 1 is self and F1 on box to is that self, so I hit F2 on the master and the slave correctly targets party member 2, BUT when I press any spell, on any key (e.g 1-5) the slave decides to target herself and not the selected target. I"m a little baffled because in the slave window hitting the keys works appropriately.

TL;DR, Hitting F2 then hitting a spell does not keep target focused and instead casts on herself (no macros etc... straight keybinds).

Thanks!
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:28 pm

Re: Targeting with F2-F5 - slave box spell targets self always

I'm not really following what you want, since it sounds like the base starting configuration is possibly mis-configured, and we'll need to see your profile.
<<

methods21

Post Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:27 am

Hi,

Here is my config. To try and explain again. In Wow default F1-FX keys target party members in respective positions. From my main toon I press the F key and targeting works fine on the slaves, (e.g. the correct party member is targeted) BUT when I go to cast a heal spell from the slave, she (for some reason) targets herself and not the target (this is straight key mapping no macros etc.).

Thanks!

https://pastebin.com/vfGjDxsR

<Name>hunter-priest-heartseeker</Name>
<<

methods21

Post Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:07 pm

Ok, I've figured a little more out....Using the debugger I see that ISboxer is sending 160+F1 to the slave, which looks to be the default autoassist and targets self. Is there any easy way to disable the 'target self' for a specific key?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:04 pm

Well, it really depends on what you are pressing and in what order.
But looking at the profile, you do have the Auto Assist enabled for the default config, which will actually send SHIFT+Backspace to the slave, followed by 1 (if you happen to hit the 1 key). I can't see anywhere, other than by hitting SHIFT+F1 would your slave receive a SHIFT (160) + F1 from the master

Perhaps if you could provide the sequence of keys you press? I realise you did in the first post, but I've tracked that from the main's perspective and cannot see why it would do what you are saying, so basically, this is a confirmation of what do you press on the main.

Return to World of Warcraft