FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Disconnect from Server when First Run

Moderator: MiRai

<<

geespot

Post Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:24 am

Disconnect from Server when First Run

Hi,
I have a slightly annoying problem when I first load a team, I dont think its an Isboxer/innerspace problem but I am posting here to see if anybody can help me resolve the problem.

Here's whats happening...

PC turned on, addons updated via Twitch, Start innerspace.
Load team using Innerspace
Login to WOW using keyboard broadcasting (so all toons login simultaneously)
Use broadcasting to choose toons and enter game.

This is where the annoying/interesting bit comes...

After 30 seconds to 1 minute of being in game, 2 to 4 of the toons will be disconnected from the wow server and I'm taken back to the login screen.
I log in on these toons again, and then the game plays fine. I can change teams, go back to the toon select screen as often as I like and I will not be disconnected again. Its only the 1st connection that causes disconnects.

What I have tried...
Leaving WoW on the character selection screen for a few minutes after login on all toons - Disconnects occur on toon select screen
Loading WoW but only logging in to 1 toon at a time, leaving a couple of minutes for each toon - Disconnects occur
Loading WoW and leaving at login screen for a few minutes, tried both the above login methods - Disconnects occur
Loading 1 copy of WoW at a time using the character set slot menu option. Loading 1 toon at a time -Disconnects occur

Any suggestions? This has been happening for a month or so and its beginning to annoy me now :lol: Its the fact that the disconnects only occur on the 1st load of the session, any subsequent character changes/realm changes dont cause any problems. If I close all copies of WoW and return later, when I load the team again the same disconnects occur.

Thanks in advance, if you want any more info just ask :-)

Gee
<<

TonyO

Post Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:08 am

Re: Disconnect from Server when First Run

It seems like the accounts are logging in twice. To see if this is the case, without using ISboxer login to a character and stop at the character selection screen, launch a separate client and login the same account again. The first session will be disconnected without explanation. Is that what happens?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:06 am

It's a common issue with BFA (retail WoW). We believe it is something on Blizzard's end (or at least after looking at it for a long time, there is nothing to indicate there is anything we can do about it - it is Blizzard disconnecting you after all). Some people have indicated playing with their network settings, (disabling IPv6, changing the WoW optimization, etc), has helped alleviate it. It was something introduced in 8.1.5 or thereabouts, so does not affect the WoW Classic client (which was a fork from about WoW 8.0).

It's pretty much a case of suck it up, and relaunch the team (without closing the existing windows), and InnerSpace will fill in any missing slots.
<<

geespot

Post Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:20 pm

bob wrote:It's a common issue with BFA (retail WoW).

This is pretty much what I thought, hence in my original post I mentioned I didnt think it was an Isboxer/Innerspace problem. Its more an annoyance than anything else of course.. So I will be sucking it up :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the info, its nice to know I'm not the only one suffering.

Gee

Return to World of Warcraft