FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

How do I have my healer toon keep their target until heal?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

mythicbox

Post Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:45 pm

How do I have my healer toon keep their target until heal?

Hello,

I have a setup with multiple locks and a healer, and have been experiencing a problem for a while now, where I target one of my lock's pets with my 'team lead' lock, and press a key combination that has the healer use Lesser Heal on that pet. What I am seeing happening though, is that sometimes the healer ends up healing another target instead of pet. This is most likely due to the fact that I switch target to enemy right after pressing the key combination for healing the pet, and I think that the healer is switching its target as well, instead of keeping the pet targeted until the heal is done.

What is the best way for me to heal a pet, when the team lead of the character sets, is not the healer, and I am mid battle and constantly switching targets? I thought that my current approach would work, as once the heal starts it shouldn't matter if the healer changes target?
<<

TonyO

Post Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:36 pm

Re: How do I have my healer toon keep their target until heal?

Code:
/target party2pet
/cast Heal
/targetlasttarget

The heal spell will land on the pet unless the spell is cancelled somehow, even though the healer may have switched targets.

To make the healer hold the target until the spell lands, the last command needs to be in a separate step. The first step needs to be set to "Do not advance," "...for at least," x.x seconds (total cast time of the spell), and "and only trigger once."

If you get stuck, share your config.
<<

mythicbox

Post Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:55 pm

Thank you sir for the detailed reply and sample macro. It actually gives me some ideas on how I could change my approach.

I'm running a team of 5, so I was trying to limit the number of macros specifically designed for one toon or its pet. The way I'm currently doing it, is by not having any of my locks use ctrl+F2, and the healer have it assigned to the highest rank Lesser Heal. So mid fight, I just target someone or a pet in party, ctrl+F2, and back to dotting everything. When the issue happened today, I definitely heard the heal sound effect go off though, so I don't think it was cancelled.

I was theorizing that since isboxer handles the retargetting of all non-lead toons when the lead changes target, that there might be a special consideration when it comes to targeting pets. I'll play around with it some more and try to get more data on the issue.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:00 pm

If you wanted to be sure, then in ISBoxer, you'd be wanting to have the healer toon drop out of the Assist group for a period, so the healing could ensue.
That actually takes a little bit of jiggling what you have around.

1. you need an Assist Action Target Group (ATG)
2. You need to add your characters to the ATG
3. you need to change the ISB42 - WOW, Assist Me mapped key to use a target of "others in Assist"
4. in your pet heal mapped key, you have 2 extra actions, one a Target Group Action, which makes your healer Leave the Assist group, and two another Target Group Action which makes your healer Join the Assist group, but with a timer, so it is delayed by the cast time.

This all actually becomes quite useful in other places, so the leave/join may be useful to throw in a separate mapped key, and just call it via a Do Mapped Key action.

Return to World of Warcraft