FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

not sure if this is boxer software related or not

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Evolve

Post Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:04 pm

not sure if this is boxer software related or not

I have a couple questions about things I noticed.

1. when using ISBOXER to start games I have to select my server each time in classic.
If i don't use ISBOXER and just open a game from the launcher I dont have to select my server.
The game is already on the last server i was logged in playing.
I am wondering why this happens?

2. When using ISBOXER to start games I enter my password, but if I only log into one client and then shrink the other windows down I have issue later when coming back to log into them.
What happens is when i finally decide i want to log in on the other clients, I maximize the screen and then click the login, but for some reason my password is incorrect at that time. its fine if I log in right away, but if i shrink the window down and log in later, my pass somehow gets messed up.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:37 pm

Re: not sure if this is boxer software related or not

Evolve wrote:when using ISBOXER to start games I have to select my server each time in classic.
Sounds normal when you are launching the client directly.

Evolve wrote:If i don't use ISBOXER and just open a game from the launcher I dont have to select my server.
Sounds normal when using Battle.net.

Evolve wrote:When using ISBOXER to start games I enter my password, but if I only log into one client and then shrink the other windows down I have issue later when coming back to log into them.What happens is when i finally decide i want to log in on the other clients, I maximize the screen and then click the login, but for some reason my password is incorrect at that time. its fine if I log in right away, but if i shrink the window down and log in later, my pass somehow gets messed up.
Well, without know why your password is wrong, it makes it hard to determine any reason for it. At a guess, if you happen to have been playing the one you did log in, have you perhaps left key maps enabled?. Does some of your setup load keymaps that perhaps have not been unloaded? Have you tried, as an experiment, typing out your password into the username box so you can see what characters come out, so perhaps a guess could be made as to what is going on?
<<

Evolve

Post Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:22 am

bob wrote:Well, without know why your password is wrong, it makes it hard to determine any reason for it. At a guess, if you happen to have been playing the one you did log in, have you perhaps left key maps enabled?. Does some of your setup load keymaps that perhaps have not been unloaded? Have you tried, as an experiment, typing out your password into the username box so you can see what characters come out, so perhaps a guess could be made as to what is going on?

This isn't something that happens once in a while. It happens every time I do what I said so its not just me forgetting to turn off the key maps or typing a wrong password. If I just type the password and log all clients in at once there is no issue.
I only have an issue if I shrink windows down on clients im not going to log in right then and then come back later and try to log in on them.

I tried to test and see if something gets typed out when pressing buttons after doing the initials steps I take mentioned in original post upon first launch of clients by moving the cursor into the username field of the client that was not going to log in and playing on the main client and nothing was typed in there. I don't know why but for some reason what i mentioned in my first post just seems to happen if i shrink the window down after putting the password in and coming back later, maximizing the window and then clicking login.
<<

bob

Post Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:32 am

ok, so new test.

Put in password on all windows, minimize, immediately bring back up, login. Does it fail straight away or work? If it fails, then I can only assume for some reason the game is somehow invalidating the input on minimize, so this behaviour should be replicable outside of ISBoxer. if it doesn't fail then I'd guess the game has timed out something (usually a token of some description, but it might even be the connection to the login server) while it was waiting.

/e
Evolve wrote:I tried to test and see if something gets typed out when pressing buttons after doing the initials steps I take mentioned in original post upon first launch of clients by moving the cursor into the username field of the client that was not going to log in and playing on the main client and nothing was typed in there.
This is also a little odd (if I've correctly understood what you wrote). It implies some kind of state change where the game is not accepting input, although this might be related to a timeout of some description.
<<

Evolve

Post Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:28 pm

heres a little weird thing as of last night I no longer have to click on the server my toons are on anymore.
It now is just taking me straight to my server.

the password thing isn't that big of a deal. I was just wondering if this stuff was related to me boxing or not.
to be honest the most annoying thing was the having to select my server each time i long into the game.
I play everyday and its been like this since the launch of classic. Why it stopped last night, I have no idea.
<<

bob

Post Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:23 am

I believe there was a game update that fixed that server selection.

The password thing, I think is also the game, however, I've been wrong before, hence trying to think of other things to test to see if we can get some more clues before just throwing out the possibility it could be ISBoxer related.
<<

Evolve

Post Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:02 am

bob wrote:I believe there was a game update that fixed that server selection.

The password thing, I think is also the game, however, I've been wrong before, hence trying to think of other things to test to see if we can get some more clues before just throwing out the possibility it could be ISBoxer related.

tonight after the minimizing the password thing didnt happen.
only thing different this time was that I didnt log in on any of the clients.
usually when it would happen i would log in on at least one.
either thats what triggers it or they patched something and its all good now.
will find out when i play again.

EDIT: Password thing happened again. I think there is some kind of time limit after typing in password to click login before its corrupted.

Return to World of Warcraft