FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Help with Pro Setup DPS Macro Rot.- Wow Classic, Mixed Team

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Sisyphus

Post Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:22 pm

Help with Pro Setup DPS Macro Rot.- Wow Classic, Mixed Team

Hey there,

I am brand new to multiboxing and have the hours of Mirai videos to thank for that. My team is up to ~22 now and I am running a Warrior, Priest, 2x Mage, Warlock. I am really interested in using the Pro setup as I am finding the management of threat / healing / dps rotations / CC becoming overwhelming and unenjoyable. Here's where I am at:

1. Started a fresh Pro ISBoxer
2. Using the Virtual key maps and have assigned classes for:
Warrior - Prot
Warlock - Destruction
Priest - Holy
Mage - Frost
3. I am now trying to build DPS rotations using Macros and I am starting with my Warlock. I am having a lot of problems figuring out how to use the IS Macro system to refresh DoTs. What I am trying to do is have my lock have Imp fireball, apply three DoTs, spam Shadow Bolt, and then reset after 15 seconds with new DoTs and Shadow bolts.

Here's my current Macro using the Gnome Sequencer Macro addon that I would like to virtualize into ISBoxer:
On KeyPress -
/cast [nopet, group, nocombat] Summon Imp
/cast [nopet, nogroup, nocombat] Summon Voidwalker
/petattack [@pettarget,noexists]

Begin Macro Sequence -
/castsequence reset=target/15 Immolate, null
/castsequence [combat] reset=target/15 Corruption, null
/castsequence [combat] reset=target/15 Curse of Agony, null
/castsequence [combat] reset=1 Shadow Bolt, null
/castsequence [exists,combat] !Shoot, !Shoot

Now in ISBoxer I assign all this so that when I hit "2" I trigger this Macro bound to "Ctrl-2". The problem I have, is I don't know how to build a time-based function into the DPS rotation. The "reset=target/15" function does not work in WoW classic to refresh my dots. So do I need to make two separate macros in ISBoxer? One with the above and a new "step 2" that would do it again? I'm wondering if I can use the "Do not advance to the next step for at least x time" to accomplish this.

Hope my question makes sense and sorry if I am being dumb. There is a lot to take in... :)
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:07 pm

Re: Help with Pro Setup DPS Macro Rot.- Wow Classic, Mixed Team

Sisyphus wrote:The problem I have, is I don't know how to build a time-based function into the DPS rotation.
There is no "efficient" way to do what you're asking, but...

Sisyphus wrote:The "reset=target/15" function does not work in WoW classic to refresh my dots.
The way it's written, the macro will reset upon switching targets, or after 15 seconds of not being used. There is no "smart" timer function in WoW to make things as easy as you are asking for.

Sisyphus wrote:So do I need to make two separate macros in ISBoxer? One with the above and a new "step 2" that would do it again? I'm wondering if I can use the "Do not advance to the next step for at least x time" to accomplish this.
You can...

1) Keep using your GSE macro (if it's working for you)
2) Implement multiple castsequence macros into ISBoxer and spam them all, hoping that things work out (i.e. spray and pray)
3) Integrate "Do not advance..." options between Steps of a Mapped Key
4) All of the above

When it comes to DPS rotations, it's mostly about playing with the available options and figuring out what works "best" for you and your team composition, but perhaps someone else has a more detailed answer, specific to Warlock DoTs.
<<

sharbat

Post Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:02 am

Why not make a spec that solely relies on shadowbolts? I think the highest dps one was the one where you sacrificed a pet for extra shadow damage. You could also make 2 dps keys, one fot dots, one for direct damage. Just an idea.
<<

Demonbreun

Post Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:37 pm

I'm by no means a pro at this, but here's what's working for my 3x warlock + hunter + priest team on classic:

Code:
/castsequence  reset=target  Corruption, Curse of Agony, Immolate, Shadow Bolt, Shadow Bolt

I basically just run around dotting up everything in sight. Depending on how much HP it has, i'll usually switch targets before I even get to the Shadow Bolt part of the macro. I try to finish things off with the wand to let mana regen.

I also have GnomeSequencer running this on each keypress:
Code:
/petattack

I've spec'd them into improved corruption to make it instant cast. The same button that activates this macro also has the hunter and priest apply their own DoTs.

Technically I don't even need Gnomesequencer for this. I'm only level 15 with this team.
<<

Springa

Post Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:18 pm

Hi Sisyphus,

Here my solution to the lock dots, based on an old post floating around here.
I also reset the timer pools on change of target, and have a trash toggle that
disables the dot steps.

https://imgur.com/oGQrPFR

https://imgur.com/LxrYsWH

https://imgur.com/zNkyOsI

https://imgur.com/6sUPtcT

edit,
Quick rundown. Macros are Just /cast Curse of Agony, /cast Corruption and /cast ShadowBolt

First step of the DPS Rotation mapped key is CoA - Actions go -> reset timer pools -> Turn off step 1 in DPS rotation -> Turn on Step 1 in DPS Rotation in 24 sec (CoA Duration) and finally cast CoA.
Now on the next press of my DPS Rotation Hotkey step 1 is off and wont be on for 24 secs step 2 fires. As above for Corruption but off for sixteen seconds.
Now until those to timers elapse the only thin getting cast is shadow bolt.

Works ok for me.

Cheers

Springa
<<

Sisyphus

Post Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:01 am

Man, that is just what I was looking for. Thank you so much for taking the time to put this together. Great introduction to timed steps.
Last edited by bob on Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed requote of whole previous message
<<

Sisyphus

Post Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:51 pm

Springa,

Sorry to be a pain but hoping you can help with a few follow ups:

1. On your "Timer pools" I created a new timer pool, however it doesn't appear you can assign actions inside the timer pool, so I'm assuming that inside the DPS step you are assigning the duration in the step, is that correct?
2. Is the disable/enable steps just to ensure that you start over in the same spot?
3. Is that 4th screenshot step simply virtualizing the assigned keys in screenshots 1-3, or is it doing something else? If I am not using a pro setup - seems like I'd skip this part.

In trying to answer some of this myself I stumbled on an old post (viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5025) from firerescue on step state actions but not really comprehending it... yet... which I think is similar to what you've setup

Return to World of Warcraft