FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

New patch problem !

Moderator: MiRai

<<

bezbash

Post Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:39 pm

Re: New patch problem !

Goswin wrote:Hi,

I've got a similar problem - invite team, follow and assist works fine with slot 2-5, but not with slot 1 (Main Char).
Copy 'n' past "/script C_CVar.SetCVar("ActionButtonUseKeyDown",1)" and "/script C_CVar.SetCVar("ActionButtonUseKeyDown",0)" did not work.
Addons deactivated except ISboxer and Ema did not work.
Export Toolkit to ISboxer did not work.
Keybindings work with every slot (except the above mentioned "important" commands).

The only change I know since I boxed last time (approx. 2 month ago) - I installed Sl on account (slot) 1 and played without ISboxer, just leveling one char.

Any ideas?

Best regards

I wonder when this will be fixed.

Create a new topic, faster response time
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:47 pm

When Blizzard fix their broken stuff they don't usually post about it here.

The suggestions in the previous post are all workarounds to Blizzard's broken stuff in their patch.

We are not trying to develop a patch for it in ISBoxer as it requires EVERY addon for WOW to all use the same method, otherwise one addon will break another addon etc. Which is pretty much what is happening now anyway, and then we would end up having to revert any patch we make to the ISBoxer Addon when Blizzard do eventually fix it, because it would continue to break other addons when the main cause is fixed.

So instead of breaking other addons now, and later, we are letting Blizzard's broken update break everything it breaks so people can complain to Blizzard that they broke the Addons and they don't play nice together anymore in the hope that the more voices complaining to Blizzard will get them off their keisters to fix their broken shit.
<<

Goswin

Post Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:29 am

Thanks for your reply.

Unpopular solution - which works for me:
copy'n'paste my shaman team in ISB Toolkit, changed Chars in Slot 1 and 2:
Slot1: Alt (former Main)
Slot2: Main (former Alt)
Slot3: Alt
Slot4: Alt
Slot5: Alt
<<

Goswin

Post Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:16 am

Hey guys,

does a more "friendly" workaround than mine exist in th meanwhile?
If it is usefull I'll share my config (but it have not changed that much since previous post).
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:28 pm

+1 for the necro.

We would really need to know more detail about your characters to have any idea as to why you got the behaviour you got.
If I had to guess, your issue is the naming of your characters.

In WOW, the /follow and /assist commands are "speculative". i.e. they will search for a likely match and use that.
To this end, if one of your character names is the beginning of another character name, then it can be problematic as to which character is selected when you attempt a /follow or /assist.

i.e. If you have three characters.

bob
bobby
bobbyjoe

then you go /follow bob, any of the three could be selected as all 3 names all start with "bob".
if you go /follow bobby, then either bobby or bobbyjoe will be selected.
and if you go /follow bobbyjoe, well there is only one choice there.

Now, depending on which character is the main at the time, then it might appear as though nothing happened, when in fact everyone all /followed a different character, which you might notice if you then switched to that character and started to move around. It is more noticeable in testing if you have every character take a different target and hit assist, and see what target they all end up with.
Previous

Return to World of Warcraft