FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

One of my slave characters can't lead the team

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Superromeo

Post Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:34 am

One of my slave characters can't lead the team

Hi All,

I had an issue where a BFA starting quest would not pop for my characters and foolishly I listened to Blizzard GMs and disabled addons to see if it fixed the issue.
I knew it would not but thought there could be no harm in trying it.
Luckily I only tried it on one of the slaves in my party and of course not only did it not fix the the quest issue but now this particular slave can't take the lead and get the rest of the team to follow and react.
The same slave can however follow any of the rest of the team when they take the lead. Note that this slave addons are all active again. Of course this is not a game breaker as it simply means that this slave can't lead but I still would like to fix it.

Any advise?
<<

Superromeo

Post Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:54 am

Re: One of my slave characters can't lead the team

For the record, yes I have reactivated all the addons especially ISboxer addon.
<<

jabberie

Post Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:26 pm

Know issue with modifiers ingame right now.

info : viewtopic.php?p=49889#p49889
<<

Superromeo

Post Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:48 am

Thanks for the feedback. I have followed the link provided and followed and executed the steps shown in video link https://gfycat.com/hastyexhaustedbordercollie
The trouble is every time I update all the slaves settings to show FTL modifiers to all have left cntrl and left Shift, I then save it and export it to innerspace, only to then see some of my slaves can lead and others who used to be able to lead can't anymore? I then noticed that the FTL modifiers have not kept the settings that I have saved and somehow changed by themselves? I tried this a few times and the FTL modifiers keeps changing by themselves putting some slaves on left shift and others on right shift and some on none? This is obviously a bug.

Every time I have updated all my 5 characters to only have left shift and left cntrl and saved the settings I export to interspace only to see everytime the following has been set:

Char 1 left cntrl left shift
Char 2 left shift
Char 3 right shift
Char 4 left cntrl
Char 5 left Cntrl left Shift

Does not matter how many times I change or update the settings. Once I export to Innerspace it all defaults back to above settings. Before I changed the above modifiers all my characters could lead except character 2. I followed these steps hoping to fix char 2 to get it to lead as well. Now only char 1 can lead. These steps have made my setup worse!
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:08 am

You appear to have misunderstood the issue, as you are using Right shift on toon3, and that particular combo is not going to work, because WoW is currently treating that as left shift, and thus 2 and 3 have the same effective combo.

You are going to basically be limited to the following combinations, and the preference will be, in this order.

• left shift
  • left ctrl
  • left alt
  • left ctrl + left shift
  • left ctrl + left alt
  • left shift + left alt
  • left ctrl + left alt + left shift

The toolkit also does not magically change settings around. If you set these, on the slot numbers of a character set, they'll stay set if you save the profile. If you run the Quick Setup Wizard and create a new team, it will use the default combo sequence it normally uses (which may be updated shortly).
<<

Superromeo

Post Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:10 am

Update: I have recreated my 5 paladin set and now it works like before where the 2n character can't lead but others can... So back to square one.

Side note: Jamba addon still does not seem to work? Anyone else knows when Jamba will be updated?
<<

Superromeo

Post Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:13 am

bob wrote:You appear to have misunderstood the issue, as you are using Right shift on toon3, and that particular combo is not going to work, because WoW is currently treating that as left shift, and thus 2 and 3 have the same effective combo.

You are going to basically be limited to the following combinations, and the preference will be, in this order.

• left shift
  • left ctrl
  • left alt
  • left ctrl + left shift
  • left ctrl + left alt
  • left shift + left alt
  • left ctrl + left alt + left shift

The toolkit also does not magically change settings around. If you set these, on the slot numbers of a character set, they'll stay set if you save the profile. If you run the Quick Setup Wizard and create a new team, it will use the default combo sequence it normally uses (which may be updated shortly).

I can share my screen and show you how does not matter how many times I save above settings to what ever I want. The moment I export to innerspace it resets itself. My problems started when I disabled my addons for character two and re enabled them to see if I could fix another issue. After that character 2 could not longer lead.
<<

bob

Post Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:26 am

If you see this message, then ISBoxer will revert some modifiers if you click yes. It will also use the ordering it has, which is currently not optimal to fit in with the bug in WoW.

I cannot replicate what you describe without setting up with conflicting modifiers and seeing this message on export. You don't want to see this message at all.

ps. I also re-read what you wrote earlier and see I probably misunderstood. Don't update all your slots to have the same setting!. Each slot needs a unique setting.
<<

Superromeo

Post Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:53 pm

Thanks, I will give your config a shot.

The more I play with my team, the more I believe especially since BFA that Blizzard is trying to make it unpleasant for multiboxers..

Do you know if you can enter bg's with your multibox team?
<<

bob

Post Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:38 pm

Superromeo wrote:Do you know if you can enter bg's with your multibox team?
You can enter. They have to queue like everyone else.
Follow is disabled in BG's and has been for going on 7 years now.
Next

Return to World of Warcraft