FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Assist not working, or breaking up

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Anglefire

Post Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:25 pm

Assist not working, or breaking up

Hey, so, erm, my assist seems to not be working, Or rather, kind of working on and off. I mean the very basic part. Like targeting. I invites my toons, set them on follow, hit Alt+A for assist, but they will not pick up my target, and so cannot interact with it of course. It often works just as I log in, but than breaks and I cannot get it working again.... Any advice?
Sometimes if I target something with my main, and than hit Alt+t, the other will pick up the target, but most times they will not, especially NPC's I need to talk to.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:53 pm

Re: Assist not working, or breaking up

Sounds like you have something else also bound to Backspace or Shift+backspace. Perhaps in an addon bind as it is not occurring straight away.
https://isboxer.com/wiki/FAQ#I_recently ... 7t_work.3F

When the ISBoxer Addon loads, it will show conflicting binds in chat if there are any that it can detect (it doesn't always pickup other addon binds).
<<

Anglefire

Post Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:35 am

Even though I'm not using Backspace for that,but rather Alt+A?
<<

Wizeowel

Post Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:19 am

Anglefire wrote:Even though I'm not using Backspace for that,but rather Alt+A?

Alt-A is what you press, but ISBoxer sends {FTL}-Backspace to each slot.

{FTL} is a combination of shift/alt/ctrl so that the toons will know which toon to assist. e.g shift-backspace assists slot 1, ctrl-backspace assists slot 2, shift-ctrl-backspace assists slot 3, etc.

See https://isboxer.com/wiki/WoW:FTL

So you either have to make sure backspace is not used for any other keybind in wow. Or you can redefine which key is used internally for assist in Game Helpers | Quick Setup 42 and change the binding of /assist {FTL} macro.

Return to World of Warcraft