FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Action Bar overlay and Key bindings

Moderator: MiRai

<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:43 am

Re: Action Bar overlay and Key bindings

If your ALTs will need a target to execute whatever spell is in Action Bar 1, then you probably want to delete that mapped key, and remake it as an Assist plus Broadcast type.
<<

Silencious

Post Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:14 pm

bob wrote:If your ALTs will need a target to execute whatever spell is in Action Bar 1, then you probably want to delete that mapped key, and remake it as an Assist plus Broadcast type.

I have a macro
<<

bob

Post Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:21 pm

Are you Exporting to InnerSpace after making these changes. The toolkit is a configuration tool. The configuration is not active until you Export to Innerspace.
<<

Silencious

Post Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:08 pm

bob wrote:Are you Exporting to InnerSpace after making these changes. The toolkit is a configuration tool. The configuration is not active until you Export to Innerspace.

After every change, I export to Innerspace each and every time. But still no joy. The main leader obeys the Delete key to activate whatever the macro is on key 1 (Keyboard) and which is located on the number 1 key on the wow screen due to the key bindings in wow. The follower, stand there with his hands in his pockets. When I actually press the keyboard number one which holds the macro on the key on wow, they both do their job and the target is killed. So what is going on? :geek:
<<

Silencious

Post Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:24 am

this seems to be a bust. No answers to solve simple issue
<<

bob

Post Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:25 am

You will need to show me your config. viewtopic.php?f=22&t=13

If it works for the 1 key, but not DEL, then the answers are going to be one of the following.

1. The Target (receiving windows of the command) for your mapped key is wrong.
2. In order for the in game action to work, your toons need to have a Target, and you did not select to create an Assist plus Broadcast mapped key, but rather a Straight Key Broadcast, so your second toon never gets an Assist command to take the same target as the main, and thus just stands there, because it has no target.
3. Your second toon does get a target from the Assist (if needed), and then has nothing on the key being broadcast (DEL presumably), and thus just does nothing.
<<

Silencious

Post Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:01 am

<<

bob

Post Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:04 pm

Ok, so you've set up a Straight Key Broadcast of the DELETE key.
If your toons require a target for whatever action you have on the DELETE key, then you will need to make sure they get one first, by using Assist. Which is ALT+A by default. The other choice would be to remove that mapped key (in Key Map, ISB2 - Combat Broadcast), and instead create an "Assist plus Broadcast" type, so you dont have to separately do the Assist each time.

If the action that they have configured on DELETE does not require a target then I have no explanation.

Another choice is if the action on DELETE requires a target after initiation (e.g. Ground AOE), then that is a whole different setup.

Knowing how each skill works, and what each toon needs to do in order to execute that skill is key to multiboxing. All the problems that people experience is a case of thinking about what keystrokes, or actions each toon would need to take in order to perform a specific in game activity, when they are not targeting mobs/items directly, but through another toon. Then you work out the key sequence to do that, and then make sure that is what is configured to happen.
<<

Silencious

Post Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:18 pm

I target the target by clicking on the mob.If I use the number one key on the keyboard (not the keypad), the alts all act accordingly as they (the main and follower) both have wow keybinds (del=1,end=2 etc etc) and each key in wow action bar one I think number 1 to = has a macro on key 1 and same spell on key 2 etc etc. But if i use the delete key ,even after targeting the same target and alt+a has been pressed.....nothing but the main attacks.
<<

bob

Post Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:40 pm

Break it down step by step. When you do something, check each step to make sure the slaves are doing what you expect. i.e. you press ALT+A, do they take the mains target?

If not, then something might need further looking at (although if the 1 to = keys work, then so should this).
You then press the DELETE key (and make sure of which DELETE key you are using, the Numberpad behaves differently depending on NumLock). What happens on the slaves? if all they require is a target, then the in game action should execute, because they have a target.

This is exactly what the 1 to = keys do. They are Assist plus Broadcast type mapped keys, so when you press 1, the first thing that happens is the slaves get an Assist {insert toon name here} action, to assist your main, and acquire his target. Then they receive the 1 key firing off that in game action you've got configured for the 1 key.

Now, if the in game action brings up a targeting circle, thats a whole different kettle of fish, because that requires mouse clicks after the initiation, and you don't have anything configured for that. Common for things like Blizzard, Rain of Fire etc.
Previous

Return to World of Warcraft