FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Weird Video problem

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Runamuck

Post Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:34 pm

Weird Video problem

I have updtaed my drivers running an nvidia 9800 GT.

Every now and then when in northrend not all the video will render and things start blacking out. Is it to much for my card to handle should I turn the video down as low as I can go?

Is there some magical setting to turn off direct x 11 to make it run smoother?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:36 am

Re: Weird Video problem

WoW runs in Direct3D9 actually, unless you're playing Cataclysm Beta with Direct3D11 enabled in it. Inner Space currently does not support Direct3D11 though, so if you're successfully using ISBoxer, you're definitely not running WoW in D3D11. :)

As for video settings, you should indeed lower the video settings on all of your guys as a general rule while multiboxing. It is beneficial to keep the clip plane (view distance) raised a bit on the main window, and perhaps you'd like a few other settings like spell details to see AoEs, etc. But to maximize performance and minimize problems, definitely use the lowest settings you can on the toons you play from the least.
<<

Runamuck

Post Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:39 am

I lowered the settings and it heped allot I think I need to upgrade my video card though. It sort of seems like its artifacting so a newer card should help that.

Should get another customer or two, people have been askign how I play 2 toons so easily. Shaman hunter combo. I told them isboxer. I just need to figure a good way to stop following... I dont use jamba follow, I just want something simple where I hit a key and stop following. The rest is easy just make macros 1 through + and a few more keys.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:23 pm

What you want to do is set up a key to turn your guys left or right. Some people use forward or backward, but that will break spellcasting. What I recommend doing is something like add a modifier to your normal left/right keys to have it broadcast. For example, if you normally use WASD to move, it might be useful to have Alt+A and Alt+D or something have your other guys turn left/right.

Here's the easiest way to do this:
1. In the top pane, select an appropriate Key Map (for WoW with the setup from Quick Setup Wizard, select General).
2. In the bottom left pane, right click on Mapped Keys (at the top of the list) and select Many new Mapped Keys
3. Press your left and/or right-turn keys in the "press keys here" box. The "Target" box should be set to "Window:All w/o Current" (or w/ Current if you want it to turn your current guy as well), and there should not be anything selected for the "do first" or "do after" boxes
4. Click OK, and the new Mapped Key (or keys) has been added
5. In the bottom left pane, select your new Mapped Key (it will show up as the name of the key you pressed)
6. In the bottom right pane, click the < next to Hotkey. Press the combo you want to press in order to tell your guys to turn left or right. It does not need to match or be in any way related to the actual left/right keys, and setting the Hotkey here does not change the key that gets passed to turn your guys
7. Set the "Hold any keystrokes . . ." option to ON
8. Repeat steps 5 through 7 for the other new Mapped Key if needed
9. Export!

Return to World of Warcraft