FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

I think some you are running too many accounts at a time

Moderator: MiRai

<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:05 pm

I think some you are running too many accounts at a time

And you're ruining it for everyone else: https://forums.wildshadow.com/node/106394

Not sure why they term it a "hack" exactly (aside from a lack of understanding), multiboxing requires no hacks. (Although I guess there is an actual hack for this going around, it's not from here or related to ISBoxer)

But they are entirely in the right to complain about people who are causing problems with the game. If you're causing problems with the game (e.g. by playing dozens of characters and causing undue load on the server just because you can), that's not being a Good Citizen (tm) and you should certainly expect to get banned. There is a huge difference between 4 characters and 40 characters.
<<

Tranquil Suit

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:31 am

Re: I think some you are running too many accounts at a time

I mentioned this in chat yesterday, and like i said most of the lagging grievances come from spammers. Guys who log in 100+ guest accounts of lvl1 wizards, and start spamming Nexus by spamming chat, scattering their starter equipment, etc

They're not even playing.

Unfortuantely, they've coined it as multiboxing and now everyone is feeling the heat.
<<

Darthpeon

Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:58 am

Re: I think some you are running too many accounts at a time

lax wrote:And you're ruining it for everyone else: https://forums.wildshadow.com/node/106394

Not sure why they term it a "hack" exactly (aside from a lack of understanding), multiboxing requires no hacks. (Although I guess there is an actual hack for this going around, it's not from here or related to ISBoxer)

But they are entirely in the right to complain about people who are causing problems with the game. If you're causing problems with the game (e.g. by playing dozens of characters and causing undue load on the server just because you can), that's not being a Good Citizen (tm) and you should certainly expect to get banned. There is a huge difference between 4 characters and 40 characters.

You're correct lax, the GM is referring to the java script hack that allows an unlimited amount of mass wizards to be created without the flash client. Unfortunately even the GMs including this one with his post are confused about distinguishing between that useless hack that is used to harass people and true legitimate multi boxers. The java script armies cannot attack - though they can be broadcasted for chat and set to follow the owner or anyone for that matter.

Those are definitely not ISBoxer players from the thread screenshot since with the flash client you will be resource limited to a lot less. Perhaps a PM from you to clarify the matter for them may help? I've tried to explain it in the thread.

Hoping for the best.

Return to Realm of the Mad God