FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Compatible Computers?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

verb

Post Sun May 27, 2012 1:54 am

Compatible Computers?

I've researched the wiki and this forum and I cannot see if their are a list of compatible computers/laptops for Inner Space. Can you help me out? I've downloaded it, it works fine and dandy on the game I'm using (realm of the mad god, flashplayer game), but it wont show the FPS/Memory indicators like in the youtube video.
<<

verb

Post Sun May 27, 2012 2:12 am

Re: Compatible Computers?

opps sorry lax for my ignorance
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun May 27, 2012 2:20 am

Inner Space requires Flash to have enabled hardware rendering.

Source: http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/tech-specs.html
Will hardware-accelerated scaling work on all computers?

For hardware-accelerated scaling to work, you need Microsoft DirectX 9 with VRAM 128MB for Windows and OpenGL for Apple Macintosh, Mac OS X v10.2 or higher. There might be compatibility issues with older hardware and drivers. (See Flash Player system requirements.) With older versions of Flash Player, you should not see dramatic changes as the player reverts from hardware-accelerated scaling back to software scaling.

Note that when Flash automatically reverts to its software rendering mode, it doesn't inform you, it just does it seamlessly. So no, I can't give you a list of computers. In fact it should probably work on the one you have.

Some people (particularly in the ISBoxer Chat Room) might tell you that any onboard Intel graphics adapter is probably not going to work but they'd be wrong -- my Intel netbook with "Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3150" does work with hardware acceleration. You might be able to update your Intel graphics driver to make it work.
<<

verb

Post Sun May 27, 2012 2:43 am

I bought this computer (or laptop) last year. I have also downloaded adobe flashplayer. Still no luck however.
<<

verb

Post Sun May 27, 2012 3:03 am

Oh I see Lax I have an Intel Graphics card, in which it has been stated that it won't work. I have a hp elitebook 2540p windows 7 laptop. Could you tell me how to update my Intel graphics driver like you stated?
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun May 27, 2012 4:25 am

I'd try HP first: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/support-drivers.html

Click on "Drivers & Software" and enter "elitebook 2540p"
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun May 27, 2012 5:36 am

From what I can find, your laptop has "Intel HD Graphics", which should fully support hardware rendering up to DirectX 10. (Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Intel_graphics_processing_units)

Meaning your current computer should work fine.

1. Definitely check for new video drivers from HP first. If not from HP then from Intel's download page

2. Your Power profile in Windows could prevent hardware acceleration. Make sure the "High Performance" power profile is selected.

3. There's an "Intel(R) GMA Driver for Mobile" Control Panel in Windows on my netbook, I imagine you have something very similar. This Control Panel has power savings options that could potentially be causing a problem.

It's also possible there's a bug with Inner Space that currently only happens with Intel graphics + Flash, but that I can't currently reproduce... I may need to pick up new hardware to reproduce the problem.
<<

verb

Post Mon May 28, 2012 1:59 am

I've done everything you have stated, gotten new driver, checked my power performance, etc. but alas Inner Space isn't working. I ran a troubleshoot and it said simply that it was incompatible. O well thanks for the help anyways.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:26 am

I found another helpful web page with details about this issue

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/stage3d-unsupported-chipsets-drivers-flash.html

This page includes a little Flash app at the bottom that tells you whether or not Flash is being hardware accelerated. The flash app should say one of two things:

The image on the left says "Your gpu does not support Stage3D. Render Mode: Software (Direct blitting)". In this mode, Inner Space will NOT work correctly because it relies on DirectX rendering. Reasons for software rendering mode include either having "Enable hardware acceleration" disabled, OR having old drivers, OR a graphics chip that is just unsupported. (Details on the linked page)

The image on the right says "Your gpu supports Stage3D! Render Mode: DirectX9 (Direct blitting)". In this mode, Inner Space should work perfectly fine with Flash.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:51 am

Note that the inability to see that Flash animation does not mean you will be unable to multibox a Flash game with ISBoxer. I can multibox RotMG fine with ISBoxer but can't see that Flash animation for some reason.
Next

Return to Realm of the Mad God