FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Realm of the Mad God - Starter Guide and User Guide

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Jelly

Post Tue May 22, 2012 11:43 pm

Realm of the Mad God - Starter Guide and User Guide

Realm of the Mad God (RotMG for short), the flash bullet-hell MMO, is a really fun game to play, and it becomes more interesting with the introduction to ISBoxer. Using ISBoxer and RotMG together takes some patience, planning, and quick reflexes, but it can be pulled off, and pulled off well.

This guide is to introduce ISBoxer to people who haven't used it before, guide them along into more advanced settings without complications, and help with nice tips of using ISBoxer in game instead of stopping at the setup phase. This guide is good for people new to ISBoxer as well as those who know ISBoxer as well, but is geared towards the new users.

How to Read This Guide

This is a large guide. It's knowledge that I have tried to compile into one big guide so if questions or problems arise, they are noted. It's also how to begin from a fresh install of ISBoxer.

If you are new to everything: Read steps 1-8
If you are new to everything, but have accounts created: Read steps 3-8, but skip 5
If you already know how to use ISBoxer, but new to RotMG: Read 1,2, skip 3-4, then 5-8
If you already know how to use ISBoxer, and want to learn more: Read 8-12

If you have any questions that aren't addressed in this guide and they seem to be common problems, I will add them to the FAQ.

Table Of Contents:
    1. Planning
    2. To Mule or Not to Mule
    3. Setting up Innerspace
    4. Setting up ISBoxer
    5. Time to Create Your Accounts!
    6. First Time in the Nexus
    7. First Time in a Realm
    8. Level 5 Wizard! Priest Time?
    9. Farming Fame?
    10. Farming Potions?
    11. Trying to do Oryx?
    12. Trying to Solo Events?
    13. FAQ
    14. Updated Keymap

1. Planning

This is an important phase, and it determines how you want to multibox. Are you just doing it to have some fun? Doing it to get noticed and have a few laughs? Doing it to farm fame? Farm potions? Solo events? The answers to these questions are important because they decide how much time you want to spend in the early stages to make the later stages easier.

First thing you want to do is plan out what you want your characters named. A lot of mutliboxers I have seen, including myself, have picked names that went together. I have seen things like "IceGiant, FireGiant, EarthGiant", then things like "Lust, Greed, Gluttony", etc. Or you can just spam the keyboard with letters. That works too.

Next thing you want to do is make a new gmail account. I only suggest a new account so that any of your other accounts aren't linked together, and we only need one gmail for every account we want to use, which I will explain later.

After you make the gmail account, take a look at this link. This is the reason why we only need one email account. Lets say your email address you made is "LolMultiboxer@gmail.com". Let's say you choose "Apple, Banana, Orange" as your character names in game. When you create each of those accounts on RotMG, for the email field, you can use "LolMultiboxer+Apple@gmail.com", "LolMultiboxer+Banana@gmail.com", "LolMultiboxer+Orange@gmail.com" and it will send each verification to "LolMultiboxer@gmail.com". Just check the email details and the "To" field will tell you which one specifically goes to which email alias, but when registering, that doesn't matter.

Verifying each account is just another step into making your accounts more secure and makes it look less automated, since you have to login to email, check it, click a link, etc, but with aliases, it is much easier, since it all goes to one email. Click, click, click.

The creation of accounts will be explained in step 5.

2. To Mule or Not to Mule

Spryfox wrote:Hi guys. Muling is a highly unsupported way to play Realm of the Mad God. It is essentially cheating. You cheat the devs, you cheat other players, and you hurt the coop spirit of the game. In general, any mod that automates away that crazy thing called "actually playing the game" isn't supported. :)

Consider this a friendly heads up. There are many developer solutions to muling, but none of them are very fun.

Muling is when you create separate accounts with the sole intention of using them for storage. This is to help bypass having to buy Realm Gold to buy vault space with. It is an "unsupported" way of playing the game, they say. This means that it is allowed, but I would still recommend keeping this accounts anonymous to any other accounts. This means making another email account and using more aliases, with the email account and character names ideally different than your other accounts.

The decision to use mules depends on how involved with multiboxing you want to get. Most of the people I play with and have talked to have mules anyway, so this may not be much of a decision to make. However, if you aren't intending on farming potions or gear and such, you may not have a need for mules.

There is a script which makes muling much more convenient, called Muledump. You'll definitely want to check it out.

The creation of mules will be also explained in step 5.

3. Setting up Innerspace

When it comes to setting up Innerspace and ISBoxer, follow this guide. If there are any issues, the biggest thing that happened to me was making sure that Hardware Acceleration was enabled. Without this, Innerspace cannot run inside the flash instance.

4. Setting up ISBoxer

See Step 3 for the main part of getting ISBoxer setup. However, I have found that if you are using more bots than you have CPU cores (like 5 bots with a quad core), using the round robin WITHOUT the first core dedicated in the CPU management part feels smoother.

When you get to the Quick Setup Wizard, and it asks you for your in-game character names, be sure to match these names with the names of characters in game. If you setup ISBoxer first, then login to RotMG, then create the names in RotMG and find the name has been taken already, figure out a new one, then be sure to modify the character's name in ISBoxer. Having the names in RotMG and ISBoxer match is essential for the teleport keymap to work. If they don't match, teleporting will not work correctly.

Once you test to be sure the window layout for all your characters is working correctly and they all open up right, you will want to close all the windows and go to ISBoxer and add in either my (read:modified) keymap, or use Lax's. See 14 for either option and explaination.

Now, here is another important part. Once one window opens and finishes loading, by default, the next window will open 1 second later. The moment you see the window get into its correct position on the screen, left click to make it the main window, then right click, click quality, and set to "low". You will want to do this with every window, every single time you multibox, or else you will (probably) run into performance issues. This is a restriction of flash; if there were a way to force the flash projector into defaulting to low quality, this would be amazing. Unfortunately, I have been unable to find a way to do so.

5. Time to Create Your Accounts!

Unless you have already created your accounts, this is a really important part. If you don't do this step, it's rather hard to play :)

You can use ISboxer to help you create the accounts, which is really nice. I'll first explain mules, since they will typically have very similar names.

Let's assume your mule email is "MulingIsCool@gmail.com" and you choose "RotMGMulex", where x is a letter of the alphabet, as your in-game mule name.

In your internet browser, go to gmail and have that gmail account logged in.

1. Use the quick setup wizard
2. Once you get to the character adding screen, add "RotMGMuleA, RotMGMuleB, RotMGMuleC, RotMGMuleD". So 4 mules. Not 12. Just 4.
3. Name the team "Mule A-D"
4. Go ahead and start up the team. Remember to change the quality of each window to low as they start, for performance reasons
5. Make RotMGMuleA box the main box and enable broadcasting (Alt+Shift+R, a combination you will learn to press in your sleep)
6. If anything is logged in, log out
7. Click register
8. Type in "MulingIsCool+@gmail.com" for the email
9. Type in the passwords (use the same one or use different ones, however secure you want to be)
10. Agree to the terms
11. Click so that the cursor is right after the + sign in the email
12. Disable broadcasting (Alt+Shift+R)
13. Type A, then go to next box by clicking and typing B, and continue till all of them are setup with corresponding letter
14. Go back to RotMGMuleA and KEEP BROADCASTING DISABLED and click register.
15. While it's logging in (should only take a second, but efficiency is key!), go to gmail and refresh, then click the registration link
16. Click play, then up top, click Choose Name and type in RotMGMuleA
17. Create a Wizard, which should put you in Nexus.
18. Walk to your right to the knight, which lets you switch characters to get you back to main screen
19. Repeat steps 14-18 for each mule, one at a time.

At this point, you will want to take a brief detour to step 14, if you haven't done so already. This is where helpful keymaps come into play.

Now, the reason why you want to do steps 14-18 one by one is because... Well, let me tell you a story.

I created mules A-Z for myself. In just a couple minutes, so they would be there when I needed them. That's 26 mules. With 8 slots in inventory plus 8 slots in vault plus 4 slots for equipment, that's 16-20 slots per character (16 if you exclude equipment). 416-520 free spots for a few minutes of work. Sounds amazing, right?

The next day, only mules A-C worked. That's 48-60 slots. Not quite as many. From D-Z were banned. I could reuse the email alias, but not the in-game name. I had to figure out a different solution for the IGN of my mules, which wasn't a huge problem but an annoyance.

ONE AT A TIME. I STRESS THIS. Losing stuff is not worth the extra few minutes of time.

Creating characters that aren't mules is basically the same process, except you'll be typing in different IGNs.

6. First Time in Nexus

Alright! So you are in the Nexus with a few characters and they all move around when you press WASD. Cool beans.

Controls:
WASD = movement
QE = Rotate (DON'T EVEN TRY.)
Space = Use Ability
Shift+R = Nexus hotkey
Z = Teleport to Active Box
Left Click = Shoot
Alt+Shift+R = Toggle Broadcasting

You'll want to remember all of those.

So first things first: Typing in chat. If broadcasting is enabled, you are going to spam people, and that gets annoying after a while. Space will not seem to work either. If you want spaces, press Shift+Space.

Now then, actually playing.

Press Z. Everyone will teleport on top of you. Then move around a bit. You'll notice on your main screen that they seem to follow a little behind you. Don't let this fool you; if you look on each screen, they are moving at the exact same time. Remember this; what you see real-time movement-wise on your main screen may not actually be what is happening. When standing still, yes, that's where they are.

Move north to find a realm to go into. It's okay if all your boxes aren't standing on it; Just press Z again once the main one is. Make sure broadcasting is enabled and Enter.

7. First Time in a Realm

Here is the exciting part. All of your boxes are standing on top of each other, staffs blazing along.

DO NOT USE ROTATION. You will all get offset and run at different angles, I guarantee it. Just uncenter your player and try to combat enemies by running north to them, so you can see them better. Uncenter if stuff is hitting you from below. This is an in-game setting, which you will want to set. Press O in game to set it.

First things first. Find your first quest! Run over to it and kill it. If your guys get offset, remember the Z key. There are more risky ways to change that, but we will go into that later.

Exciting. First quest down and it died in a half second. You probably have 4 people following you saying "WOW LOL". When leveling wizard, the ability is rather nice once the levels start coming in. While using trees for coverage, just aim on the other side at enemies and press it 3-5 times. Everything just died and you may have leveled up. This is fun!

Just keep following your quests until it tells you to try to fight the trees, ents. These can be dangerous until you get movement and adjusting down correctly, especially if people decide to buff it. Just try to stay away.

Lesser godlands is a great way to get experience. 30 experience per kill and they die easily? Awesome. Don't forget your Wizards ability!

When you teleport to Godlands, if you do (or anywhere not nearby you), I typically disable broadcasting, have the master box teleport, then press Z and Shift+Alt+R to enable broadcasting again. This is to ensure that if there is a huge group of people that your boxes all teleport on top of you instead of in random spots inside the train.

When you aim your shots and all your characters are standing close to exactly on each other and you start moving around, don't look at where the players are on the master screen until you stop moving and they stop moving; They are standing on top of you. What this means is where you aim on your master box is (close to) where the other boxes will be aiming as well.

8. Level 5 Wizard! Priest Time?

So you hit level 5 and the game told you a class has been unlocked. That class is the Priest, and is the best class to multibox with.

Should you switch now?

I'd say it depends. How many times have you had to Nexus using the wizards? Too many? Go to godlands and kill yourself, then switch to Priest. Otherwise, level it to 20. Why? Well, you might as well unlock Necromancer and part of Assassin. Not that they are good to multibox with, but I'll let you make that decision as you're playing.

If you do decide to switch, remember that you do less damage and your ability heals where that priest is, not where your mouse is, and it casts it once per priest per keypress.

Level up to 20. Then go to godlands. If you have a main account who can get you some decent gear first, this is definitely recommended. Arcame flame wands? Disposable, but definitely ups the damage per box. Death wands? I default to these, and they are great. Anything better is a risk really.

9. Farming Fame?

You've seen people wearing no weapon, no ability, in USWest, following the Godlands train. Just following. Maybe taking a hit or two. These people are doing what is called fame farming, and with ISBoxer, you can fame farm with multiple characters at once.

1. New characters, any class. I do Priest just because, but you could always do each class as they unlock, to get more stars.
2. Put weapon in inventory.
3. Drop potion.
4. Drop ability.
5. Find a full realm on USWest.
6. Teleport to Godlands train.
7. Stand in the middle of the group and avoid shots when needed.
8. At 150-200 fame, equip your weapon and shoot it once at a god, making sure it hits. Do this one at a time, to keep accuracy up. If you missed a lot, do a /tutorial and shoot the turrets.
9. Drop weapon.
10. Equip extra unwanted gear with a fame bonus on it when you're ready to die.
11. Die.

This is very time consuming and very boring, but the fame adds up rather fast. All the bonuses you get will be nice.

However, as I haven't personally gone this route, the grind may not be worth the reward. This is worth testing, and I may do so. I will update this when/if I do.

10. Farming Potions?

When farming for potions, what you want is damage and survivability. People claim that Wizard is the potion farming king. They would be right, if said person isn't multiboxing. When multiboxing, and I have tested each class enough to make this claim, Priest is the multiboxing potion farming king. The ability to heal yourself with the round robin setup and do damage from really far away makes it a very nice class, since when multiboxing, moving around isn't perfect and you will get hit; it's inevitable.

11. Trying to do Oryx?

If you can manage to get into a realm with only a few people in it when it closes, then Oryx and Castle is possible. Once you get into full servers, it is very impractical. Your box's almost always get moved into different areas in the castle that Guardians takes some setting up to do, then getting into Oryx from Castle isn't easy, and then moving your characters to be on top of each other just takes a really long time. Unless you're packing decent gear (t8+), you probably won't get loot, and it would be time wasted.

12. Trying to Solo Events?

Once upon a time, I was playing RotMG in a EU server, I can't remember which, trying to kill a skull shrine by myself, as a level 15ish wizard with bad gear. Suddenly, this knight teleports to me. Then this Paladin does. Then a Priest comes. The Knight ran in first, after the Paladin used his buffing ability, then the Priest+Paladin+Warrior ran behind him at the exact same time. The Knight stuns it, then the warrior does his buff and EVERYONE was shooting the skull while the priest healed every other second. It went down near instantly.

This guy had maxed all 4 of those characters, geared them, and was able to solo a skull shrine. His setup was way more complicated than this one, I can only imagine what his control scheme was, but it was exciting to watch.

So I decided to give it a try. With 8 level 20 Priests, sporting Death Wand, Renewing Tome, Master Robe, and Superior HP rings. I just went in, all gung-ho, and shot at it, spamming space. It took a few runs in, then a Rogue teleported to me and finished it off. 4 of my priests got loot. 2 died.

The point of the story here: I would not attempt this until you are very comfortable with 1) Multiboxing, 2) Playing undergeared and unmaxed characters, and 3) Death. And even under those terms, I'm not sure it was worth it. I would have rather solo'd a UDL and got 8 Wisdom potions.

13. FAQ

Q. How do I keep my characters on top of each other? They move all over the place!
A. Step 14 has a helpful keymap which allows you to tell your characters to teleport on top of your current character, but there is a 10 second limit for the teleport command. Once you hit level 20, you'll find that each characters speed stat is not the same. On the off chance that they are the same, you have nothing to worry about. There are two ways to combat this:
  1. Invest in speed potions. If you have 3 accounts with speeds of 29, 30, and 32, get enough speed potions to bring them all to 32 (read:5).
  2. Deal with it. This is what I do, as it's cheapest and easiest. You'll just want to learn to avoid better and press that teleport macro as much as needed.

14. Updated Keymap

Lax created a great keymap, which saved me a lot of time having to learn the in and outs of creating new keymaps as I learned from it. However, I made a few changes to it to suit my needs and this guide's needs a bit better.

Changes:
1. Deleted the Right-Click disabled keymap. In order to set flash quality to low, we need right clicking and it was easier and more efficient to delete the keymap than disable keymaps, then re-enable IMO.
2. Changed the hotkey for Nexus to Shift+R (personal preference) and changed it to send F5 to every instance (for safety). This is because (accidentally or purposely) each user may have a different Nexus hotkey in game. F5 ALWAYS goes to Nexus. Also, Insert was just a weird key for me. Way too far away for "OHSHIT" moments.
3. Added a Round-Robin ability hotkey. What this will do is every time you press Space, it will cycle through to the next instance and send space, activating that box's ability. I named it "Round-Robin heals" because I typically play Priest, but don't let this fool you; It just sends space. It will not heal you if you are a class other than Priest (or Necro I guess, but you should know this).

Fair warning. With the teleport keymap, make sure you aren't pressing any movement keys or anything when you press it. With enough boxes, it will spam chat with "aaaasd/teleport xxx". Just stand still for a split second and press Z a couple times till they teleport.

How to install: (Quoting Lax, because I couldn't have said it better myself)
lax wrote:1. Select All of the XML in the code box below (you can use the handy button at the top right of the code box) including the first < and the last >. All of it.
2. Copy it to your clipboard. (either right click and select Copy, or press Ctrl+C)
3. In ISBoxer, in the top left pane, right click on Key Maps and select "Paste Key Map from Clipboard"
4. Now there is a new Key Map called ROTMG. It is NOT assigned to your Character Set just by pasting it in. Select the new ROTMG key map in the upper left pane under Key Maps, so that in the bottom left pane you see its Mapped Keys
5. Drag your Character Set(s) from the top left pane to the bottom left pane so that they appear under Character Sets for the Key Map. (Do not select your Character Set in the top left pane, just drag it. The Key Map has to remain selected)
6. Export to Inner Space

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Box xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <ObjectType>ISBoxer_Toolkit.Configs.KeyMaps.KeyMap</ObjectType>
  <SerializedObject>&lt;?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?&gt;
&lt;KeyMap xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"&gt;
  &lt;Name&gt;ROTMG&lt;/Name&gt;
  &lt;Description /&gt;
  &lt;UseFTLModifiers&gt;false&lt;/UseFTLModifiers&gt;
  &lt;Hold&gt;false&lt;/Hold&gt;
  &lt;Mode&gt;OnRelease&lt;/Mode&gt;
  &lt;Mappings&gt;
    &lt;MappedKey&gt;
      &lt;Name&gt;Close override&lt;/Name&gt;
      &lt;Description /&gt;
      &lt;Combo&gt;
        &lt;Combo&gt;Ctrl+W&lt;/Combo&gt;
        &lt;Modifiers&gt;Ctrl&lt;/Modifiers&gt;
        &lt;Key&gt;
          &lt;Key&gt;W&lt;/Key&gt;
          &lt;Code&gt;17&lt;/Code&gt;
        &lt;/Key&gt;
      &lt;/Combo&gt;
      &lt;SendNextClickBlockLocal&gt;false&lt;/SendNextClickBlockLocal&gt;
      &lt;ManualLoad&gt;false&lt;/ManualLoad&gt;
      &lt;ResetTimer&gt;0.1&lt;/ResetTimer&gt;
      &lt;ResetType&gt;Never&lt;/ResetType&gt;
      &lt;Mode&gt;Default&lt;/Mode&gt;
      &lt;Steps&gt;
        &lt;Step&gt;
          &lt;Stick&gt;0&lt;/Stick&gt;
          &lt;Stop&gt;false&lt;/Stop&gt;
          &lt;Stump&gt;false&lt;/Stump&gt;
          &lt;Actions /&gt;
        &lt;/Step&gt;
      &lt;/Steps&gt;
    &lt;/MappedKey&gt;
    &lt;MappedKey&gt;
      &lt;Name&gt;Quit override&lt;/Name&gt;
      &lt;Description /&gt;
      &lt;Combo&gt;
        &lt;Combo&gt;Ctrl+Q&lt;/Combo&gt;
        &lt;Modifiers&gt;Ctrl&lt;/Modifiers&gt;
        &lt;Key&gt;
          &lt;Key&gt;Q&lt;/Key&gt;
          &lt;Code&gt;16&lt;/Code&gt;
        &lt;/Key&gt;
      &lt;/Combo&gt;
      &lt;ResetTimer&gt;0&lt;/ResetTimer&gt;
      &lt;Mode&gt;Default&lt;/Mode&gt;
      &lt;Steps&gt;
        &lt;Step&gt;
          &lt;Actions /&gt;
        &lt;/Step&gt;
      &lt;/Steps&gt;
    &lt;/MappedKey&gt;
    &lt;MappedKey&gt;
      &lt;Name&gt;Nexus&lt;/Name&gt;
      &lt;Description /&gt;
      &lt;Combo&gt;
        &lt;Combo&gt;Shift+R&lt;/Combo&gt;
        &lt;Modifiers&gt;Shift&lt;/Modifiers&gt;
        &lt;Key&gt;
          &lt;Key&gt;R&lt;/Key&gt;
          &lt;Code&gt;19&lt;/Code&gt;
        &lt;/Key&gt;
      &lt;/Combo&gt;
      &lt;Mode&gt;OnPress&lt;/Mode&gt;
      &lt;Steps&gt;
        &lt;Step&gt;
          &lt;Actions&gt;
            &lt;MappedKeyAction xsi:type="Keystroke"&gt;
              &lt;Target&gt;all&lt;/Target&gt;
              &lt;Combo&gt;
                &lt;Combo&gt;F5&lt;/Combo&gt;
                &lt;Modifiers&gt;None&lt;/Modifiers&gt;
                &lt;Key&gt;
                  &lt;Key&gt;F5&lt;/Key&gt;
                  &lt;Code&gt;63&lt;/Code&gt;
                &lt;/Key&gt;
              &lt;/Combo&gt;
              &lt;RoundRobin&gt;false&lt;/RoundRobin&gt;
            &lt;/MappedKeyAction&gt;
          &lt;/Actions&gt;
        &lt;/Step&gt;
      &lt;/Steps&gt;
    &lt;/MappedKey&gt;
    &lt;MappedKey&gt;
      &lt;Name&gt;Teleport to Me&lt;/Name&gt;
      &lt;Description /&gt;
      &lt;Mode&gt;OnPressAndRelease&lt;/Mode&gt;
      &lt;Steps&gt;
        &lt;Step&gt;
          &lt;Actions&gt;
              &lt;Target&gt;all other&lt;/Target&gt;
              &lt;Combo&gt;
                &lt;Combo&gt;Enter&lt;/Combo&gt;
                &lt;Key&gt;
                  &lt;Key&gt;Enter&lt;/Key&gt;
                  &lt;Code&gt;28&lt;/Code&gt;
                &lt;/Key&gt;
              &lt;/Combo&gt;
            &lt;/MappedKeyAction&gt;
          &lt;/Actions&gt;
        &lt;/Step&gt;
        &lt;Step&gt;
          &lt;Actions&gt;
            &lt;MappedKeyAction xsi:type="KeyStringAction"&gt;
              &lt;Text&gt;/teleport {CHARACTER}&lt;/Text&gt;
            &lt;/MappedKeyAction&gt;
          &lt;/Actions&gt;
        &lt;/Step&gt;
      &lt;/Steps&gt;
    &lt;/MappedKey&gt;
    &lt;MappedKey&gt;
      &lt;Name&gt;Teleport to Me Hotkey&lt;/Name&gt;
      &lt;Description /&gt;
      &lt;Combo&gt;
        &lt;Combo&gt;Z&lt;/Combo&gt;
        &lt;Key&gt;
          &lt;Key&gt;Z&lt;/Key&gt;
          &lt;Code&gt;44&lt;/Code&gt;
        &lt;/Key&gt;
      &lt;/Combo&gt;
      &lt;Mode&gt;OnPressAndRelease&lt;/Mode&gt;
      &lt;Steps&gt;
        &lt;Step&gt;
          &lt;Actions&gt;
            &lt;MappedKeyAction xsi:type="MappedKeyExecuteAction"&gt;
              &lt;Target&gt;self&lt;/Target&gt;
              &lt;KeyMapString&gt;ROTMG&lt;/KeyMapString&gt;
              &lt;MappedKeyString&gt;Teleport to Me&lt;/MappedKeyString&gt;
            &lt;/MappedKeyAction&gt;
          &lt;/Actions&gt;
        &lt;/Step&gt;
        &lt;Step&gt;
          &lt;Actions&gt;
              &lt;Combo&gt;
                &lt;Combo&gt;Enter&lt;/Combo&gt;
                &lt;Key&gt;
                  &lt;Key&gt;Enter&lt;/Key&gt;
                  &lt;Code&gt;28&lt;/Code&gt;
                &lt;/Key&gt;
              &lt;/Combo&gt;
            &lt;/MappedKeyAction&gt;
          &lt;/Actions&gt;
        &lt;/Step&gt;
      &lt;/Steps&gt;
    &lt;/MappedKey&gt;
    &lt;MappedKey&gt;
      &lt;Name&gt;Round-robin heals&lt;/Name&gt;
      &lt;Description&gt;Round-robin heal&lt;/Description&gt;
      &lt;Combo&gt;
        &lt;Combo&gt;Space&lt;/Combo&gt;
        &lt;Key&gt;
          &lt;Key&gt;Space&lt;/Key&gt;
          &lt;Code&gt;57&lt;/Code&gt;
        &lt;/Key&gt;
      &lt;/Combo&gt;
      &lt;Mode&gt;OnPress&lt;/Mode&gt;
      &lt;Steps&gt;
        &lt;Step&gt;
          &lt;Actions&gt;
              &lt;Target&gt;all&lt;/Target&gt;
              &lt;Combo&gt;
                &lt;Combo&gt;Space&lt;/Combo&gt;
                &lt;Key&gt;
                  &lt;Key&gt;Space&lt;/Key&gt;
                  &lt;Code&gt;57&lt;/Code&gt;
                &lt;/Key&gt;
              &lt;/Combo&gt;
              &lt;RoundRobin&gt;true&lt;/RoundRobin&gt;
            &lt;/MappedKeyAction&gt;
          &lt;/Actions&gt;
        &lt;/Step&gt;
      &lt;/Steps&gt;
    &lt;/MappedKey&gt;
  &lt;/Mappings&gt;
&lt;/KeyMap&gt;</SerializedObject>
</Box>

If you have any questions or things you think could be added, let me know by posting or PMing me. Thanks.

Jelly
Last edited by Jelly on Thu May 24, 2012 10:46 pm, edited 7 times in total.
<<

Jelly

Post Tue May 22, 2012 11:43 pm

Re: Realm of the Mad God - Starter Guide and User Guide

Reserved, just in case.
<<

starcraftjunkie

Post Thu May 24, 2012 4:46 pm

Interesting guide. For fame farming, I'd suggest that after you kill the gods, which should be like 10-20 or so to be safe, is that you type /tutorial and shoot at one of the turrets to farm up your accuracy to 99%, that way you can get the sniper bonus. Another thing to think about is if you really want to ammy farm. I found that after the prices dropped so much, I didn't feel that farming ammys was that rewarding. Just farming pots was very profitable and the ammys from just normal farm are a bonus.

I wouldn't suggest the cheatengine idea. Editing stats is an easy way to get your characters deleted and I don't think it should be discussed on ISBoxer. If I recall correctly, there are values in the game that scan for stat editing, and unless you disable them it'll delete your character automatically. Obviously finding these values changes and requires a lot of hex editing skills and at that point I am not sure worth doing for multiboxing.

Also, I was curious when you said you only had mules A-C. Did D-Z really get banned? What was the reason? I've never heard of something like this and I have over 60 mule accounts right now and none of them have been banned.
<<

Jelly

Post Thu May 24, 2012 9:33 pm

starcraftjunkie wrote:Interesting guide. For fame farming, I'd suggest that after you kill the gods, which should be like 10-20 or so to be safe, is that you type /tutorial and shoot at one of the turrets to farm up your accuracy to 99%, that way you can get the sniper bonus. Another thing to think about is if you really want to ammy farm. I found that after the prices dropped so much, I didn't feel that farming ammys was that rewarding. Just farming pots was very profitable and the ammys from just normal farm are a bonus.

What I recommend, and should add to the guide, is once you're at the point to kill the gods, do it one character at a time. That way, you have better control of where your shots go, as when mutliboxing, it is a toss-up. I do agree with you though, farming potions is very profitable.

I wouldn't suggest the cheatengine idea. Editing stats is an easy way to get your characters deleted and I don't think it should be discussed on ISBoxer. If I recall correctly, there are values in the game that scan for stat editing, and unless you disable them it'll delete your character automatically. Obviously finding these values changes and requires a lot of hex editing skills and at that point I am not sure worth doing for multiboxing.

Fair point. I have tried using Cheat Engine and haven't had problems with accounts being deleted, but it was so much of a pain to do that I stopped. So it may still be possible, I just am not sure and can't say for sure.

I think I'll edit that part out, as you are right, I don't believe it belongs here either.

Also, I was curious when you said you only had mules A-C. Did D-Z really get banned? What was the reason? I've never heard of something like this and I have over 60 mule accounts right now and none of them have been banned.

Well, partly a fail on my part, as the emails I used for the mules were not actually created and I didn't use my alias idea, so I'm not even sure if they sent an email. All I know is one day, they worked, then when I got on the next day, they didn't exist but the names were taken. I tried contacting them for an explanation but to no avail.

I don't think it was because I had the mules, but that I created them very fast and 4 at a time, instantly. "Spamming account creation? NOT IN MY REALM" is my theory, but I'm sure I'll never know. I just wanted to add that in the guide, JUST in case. Luckily I didn't have any items on them.

Thank you for your comments and criticism.
<<

starcraftjunkie

Post Fri May 25, 2012 12:27 am

Jelly wrote:
starcraftjunkie wrote:Interesting guide. For fame farming, I'd suggest that after you kill the gods, which should be like 10-20 or so to be safe, is that you type /tutorial and shoot at one of the turrets to farm up your accuracy to 99%, that way you can get the sniper bonus. Another thing to think about is if you really want to ammy farm. I found that after the prices dropped so much, I didn't feel that farming ammys was that rewarding. Just farming pots was very profitable and the ammys from just normal farm are a bonus.

What I recommend, and should add to the guide, is once you're at the point to kill the gods, do it one character at a time. That way, you have better control of where your shots go, as when mutliboxing, it is a toss-up. I do agree with you though, farming potions is very profitable.

Fair point. I have tried using Cheat Engine and haven't had problems with accounts being deleted, but it was so much of a pain to do that I stopped. So it may still be possible, I just am not sure and can't say for sure.

I think I'll edit that part out, as you are right, I don't believe it belongs here either.

Well, partly a fail on my part, as the emails I used for the mules were not actually created and I didn't use my alias idea, so I'm not even sure if they sent an email. All I know is one day, they worked, then when I got on the next day, they didn't exist but the names were taken. I tried contacting them for an explanation but to no avail.

I don't think it was because I had the mules, but that I created them very fast and 4 at a time, instantly. "Spamming account creation? NOT IN MY REALM" is my theory, but I'm sure I'll never know. I just wanted to add that in the guide, JUST in case. Luckily I didn't have any items on them.

Thank you for your comments and criticism.

Oh yes, I forgot to make my post a criticism sandwich and post some positive feedback around the not so positive feedback.

Nice original post though. Much nicer layout then my messy post. It might give me some encouragement to make some better quality and updated videos to share with the community. I'd probably make a lot more content, but I dont get any feed back from anyone else other then in the game.

I was also curious how many other people out there multibox with ISBoxer. I know I am not the first, but I don't seem to get much feedback from my guide or anywhere else. I just point everyone in the general direction of ISBoxer if they want to get into multiboxing. Hopefully some people joined because of that.

Return to Realm of the Mad God