FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

RotMG first time multiboxing and Godlands farming guide.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

starcraftjunkie

Post Sun May 27, 2012 2:07 pm

Re: RotMG first time multiboxing and Godlands farming guide.

Jelly wrote:
starcraftjunkie wrote:- Avoid most dungeons. They are usually death traps solo, and multiboxing really wouldn't help you that much. I usually find more loot just farming Godlands then what is offered inside most dungeon portal. I figure that you can factor in a death of a character in with the time spent inside a dungeon because most dungeon minions hit like a ton of bricks and move insanely fast out of your blind spots. Lemon (sprite world) is a bitch to do with all the moving pads. You would be wise to avoid multiboxing this dungeon.

This is the only point that I can disagree with.

The only dungeons I would not solo (read:multibox solo) is Abyss and Tomb. I typically go in Abysses if I see other people go in, who I know are skilled. That way, it makes the whole run quicker with quick heals. Otherwise, I avoid them. Same with Tomb.

UDL is very easy, as long as you know the boss fight. When he gets to the stage where he has the flying brown bugs that quiet, depending on my MP situation, I move all but one box to a safer place, away from quiet, and go at it with one dude till his next phase starts.

Sprite World can be very scary, but as long as you DON'T STOP MOVING, it's fine. During the boss fight, the very first phase is the scarier one. Just try to do circles away from him, going one direction. Don't go clockwise, then switch it up to counter clockwise. Not a wise idea. The phase after that, stay as far away as you can on the biggest platform you can, but close enough that you're inside the square turret shots. Weave back and forth between his shots, there is a pattern to learn.

This is just from my personal experience doing these dungeons on my main, then using that experience to multibox with. I'm not sure about your main, if there is one, but yeah.

This was when I was new. I can probably solo any dungeon if I wanted to, even tomb. However, I don't think it's worth doing dungeons with the amount of clients I have. I use 5 clients and I believe that it splits the damage too much for any unteired loot to drop. This is why I tend to focus on events such as crystal prisoner which is built to support a large group and still drop unteired loot. Dungeons seem like a lot of work for a pot or two when you can sit in godlands and farm the same amount, if not more, in the same time frame. The only dungeon I believe would be worth multiboxing is tomb. However that takes a lot more time and resources which isn't practical for the average multiboxer.

Abyss you just need to take it slow and tease the monsters out from around the corner. It's dangerous but I've done it quite a few times. But as I said, I don't think it's worth just a few potions for the amount of effort put in. I would only do tomb if I was setting up private guild runs with keys. That way I just have to participate at the mini-bosses and the main bosses if there was a rushing rogue. Tomb is on a whole different level though, multiboxing or not. Not the wisest thing to do when you're new.

For UDL, you can do it all with out running out. Dont bother running away from his silence. He will only use minions and he wont shoot anything if he doesn't make it past this phase. It's just easier to circle his minions and focus on shooting him.

I dont think sprite is worth the headache unless you're using hacks. I'll just leave it at that.
<<

DANAN99

Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:40 pm

hay i need help i did everything in the tut and in the vid but when i try to run the multibox it just lunches 1 and 3 like i want it to plz help

also i have did try the adobe projector and also a hacked client found *link removed*
<<

starcraftjunkie

Post Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:12 pm

DANAN99 wrote:hay i need help i did everything in the tut and in the vid but when i try to run the multibox it just lunches 1 and 3 like i want it to plz help

also i have did try the adobe projector and also a hacked client found *link removed*

Not to blast you but it seems you haven't read the rules of this forum, nor my whole post. I have a great tip on how to fix this that I ran into and you also posted a link to a hacked client which is not allowed on this forum. Although it is outdated right now, trinity client is going to be private anyways. I wouldn't bother looking for a hacked client to multibox with.
Previous

Return to Realm of the Mad God