FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Follow

Moderator: MiRai

<<

crusader2007

Post Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:18 pm

Follow

Hello,

I have read some of the related postings but does not answer my questions.

I have watched the SWTOR set up in this video...https://youtu.be/VPc9pBj-47k

1- Movement-When turning off broadcasting am I supposed to use "Alt F"...what is this? it does not do nothing for me. On the contrary if I leave broadcasting "on" and press ALT F my characters do move but in opposite direction and far from each other. Where is the menu where I can set ALT F to something else?

2- Following- Game keybinds tab is not the same as in the video from what the latest programs shows up...must be an older video since that menu is greyed out for me. There is no autofill nor a way to slot one at a time for "follow target". To fix it, the video says there is an slot with the associated binding keys (f1/f2/f3). However, in my game version there are the slots but you cannot modify or they dont exist (variable keystrokes). Through trial and error I found those menus in a total different place but still cannot get the logic.

This video needs an update to reflect the right version of the game and it makes you even more confused if you are new to IS boxer.

Is there a way to find out:
1- Do I need to turn off broadcasting and use Alt F to start working with the team?
2-Could you explain the logic of the binding keys to each slot (f1/f2/f3) and where to see this in the new version. The video is outdated.
3 - "ALT T" to target...then he said "ALT A" to assist (yet the video said to use F8 as keybind)? whats the difference between these 3?
Is this in the game keybinds or IS boxer menu? If so where is located so I can play around with another key?

Thanks in advance!
<<

crusader2007

Post Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:05 am

Re: Follow

NVM...I kind of figure it around but still having some issues with "ALT A" . My alternates dont do much except for following and staying around. they do not combat or use any powers at all.

Do I need to set up something else to make them "combat" ready? Why they dont kill anything instead of just watching?

Thanks!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:09 am

Re: Follow

We're definitely working on new videos, although to be fair the final page of the wizard just has the tabs removed, the options are just all in the same place, you just scroll down instead of looking for a tab. And the auto-fill button is removed because it's done automatically -- for every game EXCEPT SWTOR, because it does not work like that for SWTOR.

1- Do I need to turn off broadcasting and use Alt F to start working with the team?

Broadcasting Mode should generally be off, yes. Alt+F is generally used to be auto-following, but ... you could "work with the team" without doing so if you wanted.

2-Could you explain the logic of the binding keys to each slot (f1/f2/f3)

The logic is SWTOR's fault. With most games, the "auto-fill" works because the players are filled in to the party list in the same order in every window, so it is basically idiot proof and we can correctly assume what button we need to press to target the others. That is not the case for SWTOR.

All ISBoxer is asking is what key needs to be pressed to target the others, and the only way to know is to be in the game and actually look. There is no reason you can't set up a simpler Follow/Assist Mode, which did not exist when the video was made.

3 - "ALT T" to target...then he said "ALT A" to assist (yet the video said to use F8 as keybind)? whats the difference between these 3?

@4:15 or so I mentioned the game has the default assist key binding "Alt+T". I said I would set up in the game for F7 to Follow Target, and F8 to Assist Target (alongside the default). Alt+T is visible in the video @12:00 as the default for "Acquire Target's Target".

Is this in the game keybinds or IS boxer menu? If so where is located so I can play around with another key?

The ISBoxer Hotkeys for Follow and Assist, for you to change to a different key, are under Key Maps, "ISB42 - Base Hotkeys". Select it in the top left pane, then find Assist Me and Follow Me in the bottom left pane.

NVM...I kind of figure it around but still having some issues with "ALT A" . My alternates dont do much expect for following and staying around. they do not combat or use any powers at all. Do I need to set up smething else to make them "combat" ready?

Your 1 through = buttons will NOT have auto-assist enabled, but unless you disabled them during the wizard or have Key Maps disabled (Shift+Alt+M), these buttons should broadcast to your other characters. Alt+A should simply make them select the same target. Do you have other buttons you use during combat that you need to have broadcast?

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic