FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Possible Issue triggerred by 1.6.2

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Alekks

Post Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:58 pm

Possible Issue triggerred by 1.6.2

After having several long uninterrupted dual-boxing sessions during the Holidays and up to the most recent patch of Jan 8th, post-patch, I cannot run a 2-man session for more than 10 minutes or so without one of the sessions abruptly crashing. No error messages generated, just one session suddenly drops.

After checking the SWTOR forums and seeing an issue of increased crashes starting with patch 1.4 and a thread now 60+ pages of crash reports, I launched a new 2-man session and looked at the Windows Task Manager and at the processes that were running. It's long been known that SWTOR has a memory leak issue, but what I found threw me. A snapshot of Task Manager is attached.

This is just two instances of the game client running, yet six swtor.exe processes running, some with high memory usage after less than 10 minutes ingame. This can easily overload gamer systems. I have seen a thread or two from folks using ISBoxer about crashes recently. The issue may be in EA's ballpark and not a fault of ISBoxer/Innerspace. If so, we may be in a spot of having to wait for EA/BioWare to get a fix patched in before we can go on multi boxing.

In the past, I have multi-boxed SWTOR on a portable and a desktop with much less horsepower than my current setup. I never experienced any significant issues until after this most recent patch.

FYI folks.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (35.99 KiB) Viewed 5940 times
<<

pox67

Post Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:04 pm

Re: Possible Issue triggerred by 1.6.2

That looks like you are running 3 clients.
Each client should have two processes, one up to 2GB and another under 512mb.

How much RAM do you have?

I have been dual boxing over the weekend without issue. My longest sessions are about 3 hours and I haven't had a crash or noticeable memory leak in that time.
Computer:
Intel 3930K (6 core, 12 hyperthreaded), Asus P9X79 LE, 16GB Ram
2 x Sapphire 7970 Dual-X Boost in Crossfire.
2 x 27" 2560x1440 monitors.
<<

Alekks

Post Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:48 pm

Re: Possible Issue triggerred by 1.6.2

Agreed, it does look like a 3rd instance is running, but was not shown on the toolbar or on the first tab of Task Manager. I dual box on one system (8gb ddr3) and had not had an issue before the release day of 1.6.2
Having said that, things have been running smoothly since I made the post, so I'll write it off as a one-off for now. Thanks for the reply!

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic