FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Curious issue: 'slave' chars log back in elsewhere.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Merkwurdigliebe

Post Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:39 am

Curious issue: 'slave' chars log back in elsewhere.

Sometimes when I log my second, third, and fourth accounts' characters back in, they are not where I logged them out. This never happens to the primary account's character, and may possibly coincide with zone population. They are usually nearby so this is more of a slight inconvenience than an issue. I can only assume it is due to lag (either network or system). I run four characters pretty smoothly on lowest graphics settings (i5-2500k, MSI P67A-G45, MSI Radeon HD 6950 (2GB), 8GB DDR3-1333). Each account is running off a different core (default).

I was mostly curious if other people experienced this in SWTOR (or other games) and if they had a work-around.

ISBoxer is working great, by the way. Thumbs up. My problem is that I am terrible at the game. :D
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:47 am

Re: Curious issue: 'slave' chars log back in elsewhere.

Sounds like you're describing a bug with the game that's been around for quite some time now.

http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/4669 ... post358585

Morale of the story, don't log your other characters out if they're on follow.
<<

Merkwurdigliebe

Post Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:44 am

Re: Curious issue: 'slave' chars log back in elsewhere.

MiRai wrote:Sounds like you're describing a bug with the game that's been around for quite some time now.

http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/4669 ... post358585

Morale of the story, don't log your other characters out if they're on follow.

Ah-HA! I knew it. I forgot to mention that when I was doing the free trial (right before free2play) I would try to work around the issue by moving each of the slave characters around a bit (moving between zones, etc). I had forgotten that had seemed to work, and if you are correct it was simply because I was breaking auto-follow. I'll have to try this again. Being a free2player, making sure I log out in a cantina for the rest exp boost is not an issue (because we don't get it).

Thanks a bunch. I figured it was a game issue and not an ISBoxer issue.

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic