FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

SWTOR Launcher has stopped working

Moderator: MiRai

<<

btcorrad

Post Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:37 am

SWTOR Launcher has stopped working

I've been using IS boxer for months with no problems. I already confirmed that the game with start up fine if I run the launcher without ISBoxer. I've tried closing Afterburner and Vipre/SBAM Anit-virus software to no effect. It's odd to note nothing has changed on my system in the last 12hrs and this was working fine last night. I tried a fresh reinstall of the ISBoxer suite on the C: drive (was on the P:drive, cleaned it from there). Also Virus Checked the SWTOR folder specifically. Attaching a screencap.

This software has added so much to my gaming that I have trouble playing without it.

Please help and thanks in advance.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: launcher.exe_SWTOR Launcher
Application Version: 3.2.3.4
Application Timestamp: 4fbfcff2
Fault Module Name: yvjsfoy.dll
Fault Module Version: 10.4.1.10
Fault Module Timestamp: 4e4e121d
Exception Offset: 00000000
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Data: 00000008
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 172f
Additional Information 2: 172fa7ca9d53aad9b9eceb7512af6067
Additional Information 3: 964b
Additional Information 4: 964bea3f0aaabe754ea4466088bc095b

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid= ... cid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Also: here's my HijackThis log including scan and DLL log

http://privatepaste.com/download/5208f4e1a8

and my ISBoxer Toolkit profile

http://www.privatepaste.com/99e1c8e025

and ISBoxer Diag for game crashes log

http://privatepaste.com/b5877cbb8a
Attachments
SWTOR_Launch.jpg
SWTOR_Launch.jpg (58.19 KiB) Viewed 18808 times
<<

Hazza

Post Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:41 pm

Re: SWTOR Launcher has stopped working

I just quit Swtor last week-but my single active account does not even get launcher up on character set in Isboxer that used to work when i set it up.
Something strange is going on for sure.
<<

btcorrad

Post Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:54 pm

Hazza wrote:I just quit Swtor last week-but my single active account does not even get launcher up on character set in Isboxer that used to work when i set it up.
Something strange is going on for sure.

Very weird. Like I said, it worked for me just fine until 10am this morning. Been using it flawlessly for several months.
<<

Hazza

Post Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:59 pm

PS:Launcher worked fine with innerspace running when I maually started it-ie-not from saved character set that used to work.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:20 am

Hello. yvjsfoy.dll definitely looks like malware (e.g. a virus, trojan, adware, keylogger, something along those lines). If you google it, the only hits are this thread, and a web site that says this is malware. That's usually a good indicator.

Here are some red flags in your Hijack This log:
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Mumble] rundll32.exe "C:\Users\Brent\AppData\Local\Nero_AG\Mumble\yvjsfoy.dll",iTunesHelperMainEntryPointW
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [Mumble] rundll32.exe "C:\Users\Brent\AppData\Local\Nero_AG\Mumble\yvjsfoy.dll",iTunesHelperMainEntryPointW (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [Mumble] rundll32.exe "C:\Users\Brent\AppData\Local\Nero_AG\Mumble\yvjsfoy.dll",iTunesHelperMainEntryPointW (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [Mumble] rundll32.exe "C:\Users\Brent\AppData\Local\Nero_AG\Mumble\yvjsfoy.dll",iTunesHelperMainEntryPointW (User 'Default user')

Nero AG makes some cool software, but definitely not the open source software Mumble.

Inner Space is doing you a favor in this case by being incompatible with this malware.

I would advise you to install Microsoft Security Essentials, it is free and actually decent anti-virus software, and it is compatible with Inner Space (there are certain options with various anti-virus software, generally older versions, that are not compatible with Inner Space, or that incorrectly flag an Inner Space file as a potential threat). You can also use a free online virus scan from Trend Micro here: http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
<<

btcorrad

Post Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:37 am

Thank you!

I use mumble quite a bit. Are you saying that just having it installed represents a security risk?

Unfortunately neither Microsoft Security Essentials, nor Trend Micro, nor Vipre, nor Spybot see this threat on my system. What a pain. I'm just manually removing all traces I can find from that listed location and from registry. Thanks so much!

And, you are totally correct, this appears to be what stopped ISBoxer from loading SWTOR. You should make anti-virus software!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:35 pm

No, Mumble the legitimate open source software is not a security risk. I do not believe the file in question is part of Mumble, but rather malware hiding in a way that looks to you like a legit part of it.
<<

btcorrad

Post Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:44 pm

lax wrote:No, Mumble the legitimate open source software is not a security risk. I do not believe the file in question is part of Mumble, but rather malware hiding in a way that looks to you like a legit part of it.

Now I understand your previous comment. There shouldn't even have been a Mumble folder in the Nero_AG folder. Nice catch, thank you!

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic