FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

4Box Graphics Issue.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

DoomBoom

Post Tue May 22, 2012 5:40 pm

Re: 4Box Graphics Issue.

Yeah, I checked em out. I've still got no joy.
<<

DoomBoom

Post Wed May 23, 2012 11:37 am

Just in case it helps, here are the contents of my graphics_mirror file...

Code:
[Settings]
Graphics_Buckets = loc:11020:preferences
Graphics_SpeedTreeDistance = 0.75
Graphics_WindowMode = loc:160010:preferences
Graphics_Resolution = 1024x768
Graphics_Bloom = false
Graphics_ConversationDepthOfField = false
Graphics_ShadowQualityDropdown = loc:160002:preferences
Graphics_CharacterAtlasing = loc:11010:preferences
Graphics_GroundClutterDensity = 0.0
Graphics_TextureQuality = loc:11012:preferences
Graphics_ShaderComplexity = loc:11012:preferences
Graphics_AntiAliasing = loc:11014:preferences
Graphics_MeshLodQuality = loc:11010:preferences
Graphics_TextureAnisotropy = loc:11012:preferences

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to get a fix?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed May 23, 2012 12:00 pm

1. Try the development build of Inner Space. There have been some recent fixes. To try it, right click Inner Space and select Patcher, check "Download development (test) patches" then close and restart Inner Space.

If that doesn't help then
2. The issue may not exist if you try a different windowed/fullscreen/windowed fullscreen mode in the in-game video settings. If you make changes with the in-game video settings, re-launch your team afterward to reset the Window Layout
<<

DoomBoom

Post Wed May 23, 2012 7:36 pm

lax wrote:1. Try the development build of Inner Space. There have been some recent fixes. To try it, right click Inner Space and select Patcher, check "Download development (test) patches" then close and restart Inner Space.

If that doesn't help then
2. The issue may not exist if you try a different windowed/fullscreen/windowed fullscreen mode in the in-game video settings. If you make changes with the in-game video settings, re-launch your team afterward to reset the Window Layout

Ok, to start with I tried the "Development Build" -- No Change with my issue.

Then I logged in my team and took note that I was in "windowed" mode on all the characters. I switched to "Windowed Fullscreen" and restarted the team to no effect.

Then I changed to Fullscreen and restarted my team to no effect or change.

Finally I changed it back to windowed and restarted the team.

No joy.

Any other ideas?
<<

DoomBoom

Post Sat May 26, 2012 12:03 am

Just a bump to see if anyone has any ideas still?

I still experience this issue. I do have a workaround though.

My workaround is that I only transition from one area to a new area on each character when their on the "main" screen. The loading I refer to is whenever the "splash" screen shows up, the drawing of the Jedi with Satele Shan and Darth Malgus in the mix. When I load onto the fleet, or load into the character selection from the server selection, or when I load from Character selection into the game.

At each of these points is where the problem can start. But if the "loading" all happens on the "main" screen then I can just run and gun without an issue.

It's not a great fix, and I wish i had a better one, but it's working for the moment.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat May 26, 2012 1:32 am

I suspect the problem here is that no one else has encountered this problem and so re-producing it, which is often the first step towards fixing it, is not so easy.
<<

DoomBoom

Post Sat May 26, 2012 11:08 am

Alge wrote:I suspect the problem here is that no one else has encountered this problem and so re-producing it, which is often the first step towards fixing it, is not so easy.

I figured that, but I was just hoping that someone might have that... clarity of the moment kind of thing and then suggest something crazy, which I in turn try, thus miraculously fixing the problem and then us all crowning this person the "Mad-God-King of ISBOXER Troubleshooting!"

Or something to that effect.
<<

DoomBoom

Post Wed May 30, 2012 2:31 pm

Ok... I tried changing my monitors around (moving the left one to the right and the right one to the left) and I reset them to factory settings. And then I deleted all of my Windows Layouts in ISBoxer... (My monitors are two "HannSpreee" 23 inch monitors, Identical to one another, and on the same settings)

They are both attached to DVI to the exact same video cards two DVI ports. A Geforce GTX 570

Then I remade them.

Now my problem has changed. All my characters are tall and skinny. Except in the cinematics and character selections.

Here is my new config, http://privatepaste.com/686e0242d1

I'm at the point where I can't play my team right now... (major sad face inserted here.) The tall/skinny thing just destroys any sense of immersion.
<<

DoomBoom

Post Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:18 pm

Ok... I've found a SOLUTION!

In the other thread "Odd Graphics - Fixed"

http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1818&start=10

SilentSpace wrote:If I change only the size of my Region 1 in ISB (normally 1920*1080) to 1919*1080 everything works perfect.
I hope this will help you to find the problem

I must've read over that part 2-3 times. But thats what fixed everything for me.

YAY!!! =)

Now all of my characters are properly proportioned. I flipped monitors upside down, turned them on their sides... Changed video cards and every single change that I made changed the problem to some different scale. Either really short, or medium short or really tall and then, to semi tall and thin...

Bah! So glad to have done with it!
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:11 pm

DoomBoom wrote:Ok... I've found a SOLUTION!

In the other thread "Odd Graphics - Fixed"

http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1818&start=10

SilentSpace wrote:If I change only the size of my Region 1 in ISB (normally 1920*1080) to 1919*1080 everything works perfect.
I hope this will help you to find the problem

I must've read over that part 2-3 times. But thats what fixed everything for me.

YAY!!! =)

Now all of my characters are properly proportioned. I flipped monitors upside down, turned them on their sides... Changed video cards and every single change that I made changed the problem to some different scale. Either really short, or medium short or really tall and then, to semi tall and thin...

Bah! So glad to have done with it!

That's crazy, but at the same time that's great. I'll have to remember that one for the future.
Previous

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic