FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

auto follow breaks

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Tashitaru

Post Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:35 am

auto follow breaks

i'm not sure what i'm doing. watched the video and tried to set this up. only when broadcasting from the main character does my 2nd do anything. the problem with that is when i start to move they nove too and breaks auto follow. they dont respond to any alt keys thahat would set them back to follow or assist. Im having to alt tab back and forth and just want what i saw in the wow viideo, unless it isnt possible? if thatts the case i fear i paid for nothing.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:37 am

Re: auto follow breaks

EDIT: ignore this post unless you are playing WoW. See Lax's post below.

I suspect you have skipped some of the documentation.

Take a look at the WoW Quick Start Guide first, specifically the section on the hotkeys created by the wizard and understanding key maps versus repeater, but all of it will be helpful.

Your issues may be due to the ISBoxer addon not being enabled. Check it is enabled for all characters.

If that is not the issue then you may need to share your ISBoxer configuration (instructions) to assist with troubleshooting.

Im having to alt tab back and forth and just want what i saw in the wow viideo, unless it isnt possible? if thatts the case i fear i paid for nothing.

I, and many others, successfully multibox WoW every day with ISBoxer with no alt-tabbing necessary. It is definitely possible.
Last edited by Alge on Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:52 am

Considering this is the SWTOR section rather than the WoW section... I will have to assume this fellow is playing SWTOR and not WoW.

What you saw in the WoW video is possible to the extent that the games provide the same features. In many cases, they do not provide the same features as they are not the same game, not developed by the same company, and not designed with the same goals in mind... There is no Addon for SWTOR because the game does not provide this feature. The Addon therefore cannot create in-game macros for you like it automatically does for World of Warcraft, because SWTOR does not provide an Addon system that allows this to happen. In fact, it doesn't even provide an in-game macro system like WoW does.

So in order to achieve the same things in SWTOR that you see in the WoW video, you are going to need to actually figure a few things out on your own. Quick Start Guide 40, Part 4: Gameplay as a multiboxer and the section below it that points out some Common modifications are the best resources available as a new SWTOR multiboxer.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:58 am

Argh, shoot me. This is what I get for answering forum posts at 2 a.m. and not checking what forum I am in. Sorry if I have created further confusion.
<<

Tashitaru

Post Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:29 pm

i will read these and hope i can find a solution thanks!
<<

Tashitaru

Post Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:39 am

i managed to get this to work somewhat

i have to press the auto follow a few times to get it to work. I had to add in a target slot 1 to get it to target me first, then follow. it wouldnt just follow.

I had to do something similar for the assist... i haver to hit assist inbetween each thing i fight. Most come in groups of 2+

is there something im doing wrong that it wont just automatically assist me while in combat?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:25 am

i have to press the auto follow a few times to get it to work. I had to add in a target slot 1 to get it to target me first, then follow. it wouldnt just follow.

Sounds like you created your own follow Mapped Key or something. Not recommended since you'd need to know extra steps to take to get it to match what the Quick Setup Wizard generated for you. (Called "Follow Me", it is in the "Non-combat" Key Map.) It does not "Target Slot 1" first, but rather it does "Target Slot {SLOT}" first, so that it will work from any window rather than just Slot 1. Additionally, it sounds like you've got 2 Steps but have not configured it to execute a step when the Hotkey is "pressed OR released", so it will only do one of the two Steps each time you press and let go of the key instead of one when you press and then the other when you let go.

See Common modifications: Follow and Assist hotkeys for how to use the recommended, standard Follow Me hotkey...

is there something im doing wrong that it wont just automatically assist me while in combat?

Automatically assisting you in combat may not work as well in SWTOR as you see it working in WoW in the video. It's also not something that is automatically configured for games other than WoW. My recommendation is to have a convenient manual assist hotkey; personally, I manually assist, even 99% of the time in WoW.

Part of the problem is that assisting you requires two keystrokes in SWTOR, but only one in WoW. First, your guy has to change targets -- de-selecting whatever he has selected (and may be trying to kill) -- in order to select you. Then he has to do the assist. If you want auto-assisting during combat, you will need to be aware that your guys will be constantly un-targeting what you want them to attack, in order to re-target it. I don't know what effect, if any, this will have on your combat.

Given that, if you would like to try it, the easiest way is to add it to your DPS keys while using Many New Mapped Keys. The "Do this Mapped Key first (optional)" box can be set to "Do Assist Me in Non-combat Key Map -> self" (Target=Window:Current, Key Map=Non-combat, Mapped Key=Assist Me).
To add it to an existing Mapped Key, do this:
1. In the top left pane under Key Maps, select your Key Map that contains your dps Mapped Keys (e.g. the Combat Key Map)
2. In the bottom left pane, under Mapped Keys, expand the Mapped Key you want to modify so that under it you see Steps, and however many Steps it has..
3. Click on Step 1 (usually) under your Mapped Key, so that to the right you should now see "Step, Actions" and however many Actions are in this particular Step
4. Right click on Actions and, under Key Map Actions, select "New Do Mapped Key Action"
5. Set the Target drop-down box to Window:Current. Do NOT set it to go to all windows, because "Assist Me" is already mapped to go to the different windows; you want to activate "Assist Me" as if you pressed its Hotkey in the current window.
6. Set the Key Map to Non-combat
7. Set the Mapped Key to Assist Me
8. Export to Inner Space
That's it, this Mapped Key will now try to auto-assist and it will be up to the game to interpret this (or not).

If you need more help with questions about your configuration, particularly with any Mapped Key (or anything else) you created or modified on your own, I will need to see your configuration. HOWTO: Share your configuration for better support
<<

Tashitaru

Post Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:23 pm

<<

Xeniaz

Post Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:29 am

What have you tried from the suggestions that Lax provided? He mentioned how to configure ISBoxer to do what you were asking, and while the link to your config is helpful to us when troubleshooting your problem, we still need to know what your problem is. Lax took the time out of his day to write up that post for you, and it's right on target. If there's something you don't understand from that, please let us know so we can help you further.
<<

Tashitaru

Post Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:40 pm

lax wrote:Given that, if you would like to try it, the easiest way is to add it to your DPS keys while using Many New Mapped Keys. The "Do this Mapped Key first (optional)" box can be set to "Do Assist Me in Non-combat Key Map -> self" (Target=Window:Current, Key Map=Non-combat, Mapped Key=Assist Me).
To add it to an existing Mapped Key, do this:
1. In the top left pane under Key Maps, select your Key Map that contains your dps Mapped Keys (e.g. the Combat Key Map)
2. In the bottom left pane, under Mapped Keys, expand the Mapped Key you want to modify so that under it you see Steps, and however many Steps it has..
3. Click on Step 1 (usually) under your Mapped Key, so that to the right you should now see "Step, Actions" and however many Actions are in this particular Step
4. Right click on Actions and, under Key Map Actions, select "New Do Mapped Key Action"
5. Set the Target drop-down box to Window:Current. Do NOT set it to go to all windows, because "Assist Me" is already mapped to go to the different windows; you want to activate "Assist Me" as if you pressed its Hotkey in the current window.
6. Set the Key Map to Non-combat
7. Set the Mapped Key to Assist Me
8. Export to Inner Space
That's it, this Mapped Key will now try to auto-assist and it will be up to the game to interpret this (or not).

I'm going to try this or the manual set up and see which one SWTOR prefers. I'll check back in sometime today

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic