FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

One more try... 1 PC, 2 590gtx in SLI and Two monitors

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Seena

Post Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:00 pm

One more try... 1 PC, 2 590gtx in SLI and Two monitors

I was hoping someone else might be running a similar set up and would be able to give me some advice. Here's my config: http://privatepaste.com/9862909078 Right now I can run the game perfectly -- but only on one monitor. I'd like to keep both chars up, full screen, one on each monitor. (I don't play them together - one is a crafter, the other, my main..) I do have auto swapping off.

One of the monitors I'm using is a a 30" dell (2560 X 1600) and the other is a 24" wide aspect dell (1920 X1200). I've tried all the monitor presets present in the window layout wizard, but don't seem to be having any luck. I have the monitor settings to "extend these displays" and each monitor plugged into its own graphics card.

I appreciate any help I could get with this -- and please excuse me if I left out important info -- I'm still learning....
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:51 pm

Re: One more try... 1 PC, 2 590gtx in SLI and Two monitors

1. You didn't mention what problem you're having exactly but I assume it's a continuation of this thread: http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1865. It would help to see screenshots of what you are seeing. It's easy to share a screenshot: press Print Screen to have Windows take a screenshot, then open up Paint and do a Paste to paste the screenshot. Save the screenshot, then go to [url]imgur.com[/url] (no login or anything required, it's super simple), click the upload from computer button and point it at your screenshot. Then just link.

2. There was a guy in the ISBoxer Chat Room a few days ago that said he was having problems like this, with Inner Space build 5509. I fixed a bug in 5510 that may have been related, but I'm not sure whether or not it was fixed. What build number of Inner Space are you on?

3. You previously mentioned the hotbar got positioned in the middle of the screen when you set it to windowed mode. In my testing, that was a good sign and it was completely 100% fixed by closing and then re-launching the game instance. If the game is set to full screen mode, you WILL have display problems...
<<

Seena

Post Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:03 pm

Re: One more try... 1 PC, 2 590gtx in SLI and Two monitors

The problem reported previously is fixed (the hot key bars running down the middle of the screen) -- I'm running the most recent patch. The images are fine -- but both display on one monitor - I have to alt tab to bring one or the other characters up again. I'm not grouping t he chars -- just crafting and using the auction house with one, and leveling the other. I can't get one of the accounts to run on the second monitor at all. I'd take a screen shot - but you'd just see a normal screenie of my toon. I've used all the different options in the window wizard - but I can't get any to display on the second monitor -- only the main one. I'm thinking it has something to do with the quad core SLI configuration? --

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic