FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

SWtor via ISboxer spinning wildly & having trouble clicking

Moderator: MiRai

<<

nodoze

Post Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:02 pm

SWtor via ISboxer spinning wildly & having trouble clicking

I was playing well last week though yesterday. I rebooted today and got both ISboxer and SWtor patches upon starting the clients. I am now having issues clicking on things like mail-boxes & the auction house. I am also getting a very fast spin when trying to use the mouse to look or turn my character (whether I am moving or not).

Turning via keyboard works fine but I don't do that anymore.

Closing the SWtor launched by ISboxer & ISboxer and launching SWtor manually clears up these issues.

I have rebooted twice and repeated/verified the issue.

Any ideas?
<<

nodoze

Post Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:22 pm

Re: SWtor via ISboxer spinning wildly & having trouble clicking

I read the posts about the new window swapping working so I copied my character set and redid the window layout and exported it to Innerspace and the new layout doesn't appear to be having the issue. Haven't tested my other layout after re-exporting. I may go back to testing my other layout as I was/am really likeing the fxvideo and dxnothign windows.

night.
<<

Kyle100

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:01 pm

I am having the same problem with the mouse spinning wildly in window 2

in your post above you say you copied your char set then used new window layout to make a new layout.. is that all you did? I tried that and it did not fix my issue..
<<

Kyle100

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:33 pm

Ok so I made a new layout full screen with instant swapping and that worked.. I then made a 2nd layout with swapping turned off and now both are working fine again.. I am not sure why the first 2 window layouts did not work but the 3rd and forth are working
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:28 pm

Make sure the game itself is in windowed mode. If you have this problem, try hitting Alt+Enter, this will switch the game between windowed and full screen mode (although your Window Layout will still override it to keep it windowed and exactly where it was).
<<

Kyle100

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:36 pm

That spinning wildly bug in window 2 is back so some how it stopped for a moment but when i loaded up the game again its back.

There is something happening with ISBoxer and window 2 where if you left and right click you spin and spin in circles.

I am running in windowed mode..
I have not changed any settings since last week and have not played at all in a week, it worked fine all last week this week window 2 spins.

I copied my original profile and made a new window layout several times. WHen I created a window layout with swapping windows it worked for a short period then stopped again when i reloaded.
<<

Kyle100

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:14 pm

Here is how I was able to get it working

1. You DO NOT need to copy your current Char Set..

2. Make 2 sets of window Layouts one With Instant swapping one Without.

3. Exit SWTOR.

4. Start SWTOR with your Char set but make sure you have the window layout WITH SWAPPING load up first.

5. Once you are in game, go into ISBoxer change the window layout to your NO SWAPPING window layout and then export that while you are in game and it will work.. ( at present w/build 5510 I notice If you try to load up SWTOR with swapping off first it wont work you will get spinning in your second window)

6. Another suggestion that was made was instead of doing all above you can just change the swapping option to "only when i press the swap hotkey" and then not set a hotkey.., instead of turning it off after launching? This did work i tested it.. and I set a hot key of control shift alt S so if i want to turn swapping on I can..
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:08 pm

This issue is now fixed as of Inner Space build 5511. This build is live. Close and restart Inner Space (with games closed!), let it patch up to 5511 and you should no longer be able to make this spinning issue happen. Let me know :)
<<

SilentSpace

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:57 am

lax wrote:This issue is now fixed as of Inner Space build 5511. This build is live. Close and restart Inner Space (with games closed!), let it patch up to 5511 and you should no longer be able to make this spinning issue happen. Let me know :)

With this build I have an other problem. If I switch broadcasting on and turn my char around with my mouse the second char turns only a little bit. If I do the same with my arrows of my keyboard the second char turns in the same angle as the main.
Windows 7 x64
Intel 2600k, 16 GB RAM, EVGA 580SC, ADATA SSD 120GB
Lotro, Riders of Rohan, German Server
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:58 am

SilentSpace wrote:With this build I have an other problem. If I switch broadcasting on and turn my char around with my mouse the second char turns only a little bit. If I do the same with my arrows of my keyboard the second char turns in the same angle as the main.

Indeed, slow mouselook when broadcast is a known issue with ISBoxer+SWTOR at the moment, but this is much better than spinning wildly is it not? ;)

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic