FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

New to ISOBoxer and having fun.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

1druid1

Post Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:11 pm

New to ISOBoxer and having fun.

Hi All

I am brand new to ISOBoxer, didnt even know this software existed until I was looking for a way to run two instances of SWTOR on my PC. I have always played multiple accounts of MMORPGS but I usually either used dual screen monitors or multiple windows on one monitor and tabbed between them, needless to say I wasnt very efficient in combat trying to tab between screens but it did work and allowed me to level characters quicker than solo. If only I had found this years ago :-)

I have setup ISOBoxer and have my two instances running, I have also created a keymap and a repeater region for passing my Quickbar into my second account, it works brilliantly. My only slight problems are that as everyone knows the follow is terrible in SWTOR but I have used suggestions on the board to make it a little bit easier to work with and so far I am having fun leveling two Sith Inquisitors.

I do seem to have some mouse problems when switching over to the second account, it doesnt respond very well and I end up looking at the ceiling, some gentle persuasion and I can get it back to a centered view and I just use WASD instead for turning amd moving. The only real reason I need access to the second account is for looting purposes and accepting quest rewards and doing story quest items, if there is a better way to do this using the primary for controlling then please do share.

As I say my use of ISOBoxer has just begun and I basically followed the tutorials to get my instances running and pass my keys, I am running on a single monitor using the layout of the one big window and one small one running on the bottom left.

All the best

Druid
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:29 pm

Re: New to ISOBoxer and having fun.

I do seem to have some mouse problems when switching over to the second account, it doesnt respond very well and I end up looking at the ceiling, some gentle persuasion and I can get it back to a centered view and I just use WASD instead for turning amd moving.

This should actually be solved as of the new (as of this morning) build of Inner Space, build number 5509. Close and restart Inner Space and let it patch up (the game windows must be closed to do this), and afterward it should work right :)

Also, as of this update to Inner Space, you can use all standard Window Layout styles of Inner Space, including those with Instant Swapping.
<<

1druid1

Post Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:50 pm

Hi Lax

Thanks for the reply, unfortuantly I am using the newest build, I upgraded to it so that I could use instant swapping with the standard layouts as before the patch I created a custom layout with each game client taking up exactly half the screen and all swapping disabled, this worked but was very distracting.

The instant swapping with Standard Windows is superb now as I can have my main in one large window and my alt in a small window and they instant swap without any resolution problems, brilliant update but i am still having slight mouse issue, althought i can easily live with it, i have quit and restarted, imcluding my PC several times to see if it was just a refresh update problem but still the same. I may be missing something though.

Cheers

Druid
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:06 pm

Hmmm...

Check inside the game (the busted one), in the video options panel, and see if the game is set to fullscreen mode. (ISBoxer forces it to be in a window either way, so you do have to check the actual setting.) It should be set to Windowed mode.
<<

Jarhod84

Post Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:30 pm

Hello,

I am exactely in the same situation as 1druid1.
Except, I played SWTOR with InnerSpace and Isboxer last week-end. It took me many hours to all understand and configure. But, finally, all was working fine for me on my 2 displays.
I got much fun with my 2 toons (except with follow :evil:.... of course ).
But here came the InnerSpace build 5509 and after I got the patch, all get mad :o
Every time I try to switch from my first display to the second one, I got mouse problems and my toon ends up looking at the ceiling.

I tried everything I could read and understand here (windowed mode, quit and restart all, dance naked at night in my garden, pray all the goddess I know and offer the cat's neighbor in sacrifice...) nothing worked !

I am a newbie here and certainly I'm doing something wrong but all I can say is :after I get back at 5496 build, all works fine again.

My 2copper.
<<

leatherfoot

Post Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:40 pm

I am having a similar issue as of today. My slave screen camrea and character spins very quickly when I click to move that toon and I seem lose mouse click (loot) ability. It's unplayable atm. Looks to be right mouse button related but not sure whats going on.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:06 pm

I now only see the camera spinning behaviour when using Video FX in a dxNothing window with mouse passthru. If you are a new user I doubt you would be doing something this advanced yet but, if so, I think it is a known problem.

With a more traditional window layout (what I expect you would be using) this behaviour should be gone. There are a couple of things you could try (in this order) to fix it:

0. Double-check that all instances of SWTOR are running in Windowed Mode.
1. Re-run the Window Layout Wizard in ISBoxer then Export to Inner Space (Ctrl+E). Test.
2. Re-run the Quick Setup Wizard in ISBoxer then Export to Inner Space (Ctrl+E). Test.
3. Share your ISBoxer configuration for troubleshooting purposes. Let us know which character set you are having trouble with if you use more than one.

Also, let us know how you go...
<<

1druid1

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:45 am

Hi All

Forgot to send a reply regarding my origional problem, I fixed this by running the Windows Layout Wizard again and exporting it into Inner Space again. It has been working fine, well up until the latest SWTOR patch and now my FPS are that low I cant really play the game.

Druid
<<

Kyle100

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:16 pm

I created a new window layout with the wizard and I am getting the same issue.. Everything was playing fine last week now window 2 does not respond to the mouse and if you left or right click your toon spins in circles real fast
<<

leatherfoot

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:31 pm

Alge wrote:I now only see the camera spinning behaviour when using Video FX in a dxNothing window with mouse passthru. If you are a new user I doubt you would be doing something this advanced yet but, if so, I think it is a known problem.

With a more traditional window layout (what I expect you would be using) this behaviour should be gone. There are a couple of things you could try (in this order) to fix it:

0. Double-check that all instances of SWTOR are running in Windowed Mode.
1. Re-run the Window Layout Wizard in ISBoxer then Export to Inner Space (Ctrl+E). Test.
2. Re-run the Quick Setup Wizard in ISBoxer then Export to Inner Space (Ctrl+E). Test.
3. Share your ISBoxer configuration for troubleshooting purposes. Let us know which character set you are having trouble with if you use more than one.

Also, let us know how you go...

Thanks for the prompt support. I didn't get the chance to try fixing until this evening and noticed the other thread and the patch to fix the problem. I did make a new Window Layout using the wizard just to be sure and after the patch everthing is functioning normally. Talk about fast response. I'm only a noob on the trial but I'm signing up. Great stuff.
Next

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic