dxNothing Mouse Scaling

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:01 pm

dxNothing Mouse Scaling

Hi all,

I think I have read through every thread in this forum and have not found any mention of this issue.

I am running 2 copies of SWTOR in stacked full screen (on a 24" @ 1920x1200) and have a 2nd 24" 1920x1200 monitor with a full-screen dxNothing window in it that contains a single full-size viewer for is2. My ISBoxer profile is at http://privatepaste.com/c9d6590010.

There are a number of issues which I believe are related so I will describe all the symptoms:

1. If I attempt to right mouse click and drag in the dxNothing window (to move the game camera), the mouse movements I make appear to be greatly exaggerated. The camera invariably ends up pointing straight up or straight down and then spinning like crazy with only the tiniest mouse movements.
2. If I attempt to loot a mob on my slave account (Sorcerer2) by right-clicking in the dxNothing window (yes, I have pass-thru on and focus follows mouse) it does not work as expected. When I mouse the cursor in that dxNothing window over the corpse (or a taxi works as well for testing) the corpse is highlighted but the click seems to not be accepted. For some reason, though, UI elements work fine and differently to objects in the game world itself, i.e. I can select and right-click UI elements in the dxNothing window perfectly.
3. In an attempt to work-around this issue I decided to try to turn on mouse repeater and see if I could loot on my second account that way. When I do that I again get the mouseover indication for the game world item in the dxNothing window and when I right-click that click does not register and the mouse cursor jumps to the middle of the dxNothing screen.

So far the only reliable method I have found for looting and taking taxis is actually swapping to the second account. Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Alge

P.S. Yes, I am on the latest version of everything.
<<

hephaestus

Post Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:10 pm

Re: dxNothing Mouse Scaling

I was having the same issue Alge, so I cut my dxNothing window since I am only playing two characters. I think you can get it to work with dxNothing setups if you set the Windows layout to Focus game windows via mouse without clicking and set the window swapping behavior to off for each region. I will try again and see I get the same problem, it was fairly maddening (though the lack of a functioning follow is a close second).
<<

Alge

Post Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:19 pm

My second copy of the game only arrived this morning so I am just getting started. The follow issue is maddening already. :)

hephaestus wrote:I was having the same issue Alge, so I cut my dxNothing window since I am only playing two characters.

I may do the same for now, i.e. play with a more standard window layout.

I think you can get it to work with dxNothing setups if you set the Windows layout to Focus game windows via mouse without clicking and set the window swapping behavior to off for each region.

Those are exactly the settings I am using.

On a positive note, I am fairly certain I can get click healing working :)
<<

Alge

Post Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:31 pm

Some more info...

The game was in windowed mode. The same behaviour also occurs in "fullscreen (windowed)".

displayinfo from Innerspace:

Session launched (is1): "D:/Games/Star Wars-The Old Republic/swtor/RetailClient/swtor.exe"
Adapter resolution: 1920x1200
Current display mode: 784x562 (windowed)
Window viewable size: 784x562
Display Scale: 100.0%x100.0%, Distortion: 0.0%
<<

hephaestus

Post Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:44 pm

I can't get the funky spinning around to stop when I look up or down using a DXnothing type config (all the settings are identical to those in the guide and the mouse is actually reflecting the position from my stacked screen in the Video Fx screen perfectly, it is just wildly sensitive on the X axis and unusable on the Y when I actually try to do anything but click on the screen, i.e. turn or move). I guess it is back to a two window solution for now, dx isn't working for me if I don't stand still. I was considering mimicking the click box solution you used in Rift, it will be trickier to do it without relying on a focus setup (which I was hoping to reserve for crowd control since it is amazingly useful in this game, at least for lower levels). I think you could use the respective F1, F2, F3, F4 keys and then just the Acquire Target's Target button on the next button click so you can actually do something other than heal.
<<

Alge

Post Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:23 am

Yeah, I was planning on doing something similar to what I did for RIFT as well. It seems that if you use the operations frames the unit frame order is consistent across all party members. That means you can use sync cursor actions for your healers' targetting.

CC and assisting both potentially using focus targets is going to be an issue that I hadn't realised... Oh well, I'm finding it hard enough going with the follow issues. Certainly not going to buy a 3rd and 4th account until the boxing-friendliness improves somewhat.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:38 am

Yeah, the follow issue is really bad :(

I will be looking into this mouse issue ASAP, but my next couple of days are actually tied up with family in town from all directions across the country.
<<

Alge

Post Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:39 pm

Thanks Lax. Enjoy your family time. :)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:17 am

Inner Space build 5507, live as of now, should take care of various SWTOR mouse issues. Let me know if it helps
<<

Alge

Post Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:59 pm

Thanks Lax - it seems to be fixed under some situations but not others. I have tried to give you as much detail as I can below.

1. Using a traditional window layout with 2 regions, 1 per monitor - fixed, working perfectly! :D

2. Using two regions, full screen stacked and then a full-screen dxNothing window on the second monitor - mouse movements in the dxNothing window are still not working properly. The two things I normally would do in the dxNothing window are:
a. right-clicking objects in the world (corpses, taxis, etc.). This appears not to work at all but may be related to the second issue below. I have checked that I am passing through the mouse and can confirm this because I am able to right-click on UI elements.
b. clicking (either left or right) and dragging in the dxNothing window. This still gives the rapidly spinning camera effect. However, from experimentation it appears that the rate of spin is proportional to the distance from the centre of the Video FX viewer. In fact, (right-)clicking and dragging in a line from just to the right of the centre of the viewer, through the middle of the viewer towards the left will cause the camera rotation to reverse as the mouse passes through the mid line of the screen. (Right-)click dragging from right to left on the right hand side of the screen will cause the camera to rotate in the opposite direction to what it should; dragging from right to left in the left hand side of the screen causes the camera to rotate in the correct direction. Similarly, (right-)click dragging from from top to bottom in the top half of the screen gives incorrect camera rotation, while in the bottom half of the screen gives correct camera rotation.
Next

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic