FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

1 PC, Dual Monitor, No Swap

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Eversonic

Post Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:07 am

1 PC, Dual Monitor, No Swap

Hello,

I've used this before for for EQ and EvE but I'm trying something different seeing as /follow is shot and there is no macros in SWTOR yet.

Is it possible to use ISBoxer to just launch the two game copies with no keys transferred, one character per screen.
<<

Seena

Post Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:19 am

Re: 1 PC, Dual Monitor, No Swap

I'm trying to do this as well....
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:46 am

If you follow the instructions in HOWTO: Multibox SWTOR on one PC with ISBoxer!, and run the Quick Setup Wizard, then this is what you will have. None of these instructions are specifically regarding broadcasting, it's all about how to get two copies of SWTOR launched and into a working Window Layout.

If you are having trouble following the instructions, if you are getting an error of some sort, if you are having a problem with the mouse, if the game looks distorted, etc, then please give some details as to what you're stuck on so we can help you out better than just pointing you to the guide that you probably already know about (and hoping that you read and find the right words in it that are relevant to you). In fact, the other post right below this one with a similar title as this one (Multi display issue.) may have a solution for you as well.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:52 am

I wrote a new guide in step by step format that might be useful for you
SWTOR: HOWTO Launch multiple instances
<<

Eversonic

Post Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:08 am

Thank you once again for your speedy response.

The issue I was facing was the distortion of window sizes. I had disabled Instant Swapping, but after I chose the window sizes. For some reason when I choose my setup THEN disable Instant Swap it bugs out on me. If I disable Instant FIRST then choose window sizes it works.

Thats the only thing I did different and now it works. Yay me! Looking forward to some decent /follow mechanics in this game.
<<

jacksj1

Post Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:28 am

Having the same problem and have spent hours trying to get something to work, but can't.

Firstly I have two different size monitors, so swapping appears to be out as if I have them at different resolution they have to redraw when I swap and if I change both clients to be the same (ie smaller of the two monitors) all sorts of strange things happen to the UI making it unplayable.

I think it will work if swapping as well as instant swapping is disabled in the Window quick setup. The problem with this is once the first client has launched I cannot bring the second log in box to the front of the screen to log in on the second client, even if I have the first client in windowed mode.

Is there a way around this please ?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:16 am

jacksj1 wrote:I think it will work if swapping as well as instant swapping is disabled in the Window quick setup. The problem with this is once the first client has launched I cannot bring the second log in box to the front of the screen to log in on the second client, even if I have the first client in windowed mode.

Is there a way around this please ?

Yes, for your "one character per screen" layout you should probably have swapping disabled as well.

The issue you're having is caused by the Always On Top setting on the Region in your Window Layout: There is a bug at the moment where the Always On Top setting "On, if a game window is foreground" does not properly adjust the Always On Top state when you switch windows (i.e. to remove it when you switch to a non-game window), if Swapping is disabled entirely. That'll get fixed asap (with ISBoxer 40), but until then here is how to solve this issue:

1. In the top pane in ISBoxer, under Window Layouts, select your Window Layout
2. In the bottom left pane, select Regions
3. In the bottom right pane, you can either click on each region in the preview or use the drop-down box above the properties pane to select each Region. Select one of them now.
4. Now that you have a region selected, find the "Always On Top" option in the properties pane. If it is set to either of the "On" options, you are currently going to have this problem with the window (yes, it is "On, if a game window is foreground" by default in most cases; again the bug will get fixed soon ;) )
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for the remaining regions
<<

jacksj1

Post Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:48 am

Thanks lax, you rock as always.

Will try this later soon as I can.

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic