FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Performance question

Moderator: MiRai

<<

SWTOR_user

Post Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:39 pm

Performance question

Hello I am using a an HP pavilion DV6 6135DX and I have done all the steps to get SWTOR to multibox through isoboxer and innerspace, but I am experiance a huge amount of lag in game between using both accounts. Is there some way I can go about improving the performance of the game through all the setup wizards or some other way? I am using windows 7 home .

SWTOR_user
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:07 pm

Re: Performance question

I split this off of the howto thread, there is an entire section of the forums dedicated to SWTOR we do not need to fill up the one thread ;)

For me to help with performance issues it would help to see your configuration. See the sticky HOWTO: Share your configuration for better support for how to do that
<<

SWTOR_user

Post Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:54 pm

www.privatepaste.com :: Paste ID 8caf37833f is my config!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:04 am

Okay so

1. I assume when you launch ISBoxer you don't get a box coming up to tell you about your CPU being throttled because you haven't mentioned it and it specifically warns you that your performance will be poor if it comes up

2. The only thing I can suggest from your config itself is to assign a CPU core to Slot 2 in your Character Set. Slot 1 has CPU core 1 selected, but Slot 2 does not have a CPU core selected. If you're wanting to run 2 characters on a quad core CPU, you could probably assign 2 cores to each of the two. So for example, in the top left pane select your Character Set, then in the bottom left pane click on 1 under Slots, and to the right highlight both 1 and 2 under CPU cores. Then click on 2 under Slots in the bottom left pane and set it to 3 and 4.

3. In SWTOR, check the Graphics options in the game. If you are running 2 windows on High settings you should expect lower than desired performance. I would multibox with it set on Low for optimal performance

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic