FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Not Launching (again) after patch 6.1.4c

Moderator: MiRai

<<

MarcK

Post Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:54 pm

Not Launching (again) after patch 6.1.4c

Not Launching (again) after patch 6.1.4c.
Unlike the last couple of times this happened I can launch the original launcher fine after bitraider folder delete, but the innerspace launcher does the crash after play thing. Last couple times no launcher worked.
<<

Spirite

Post Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:22 am

Re: Not Launching (again) after patch 6.1.4c

Same problem here, did you find a solution ?
<<

MarcK

Post Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:03 am

Not found a fix yet.
I'm getting the follow error info from event viewer:

Faulting application name: swtor.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5f988772
Faulting module name: swtor.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5f988772
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00a83f0f
Faulting process ID: 0x11d8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6b50b7847b386
Faulting application path: D:\star wars-the old republic\swtor\RetailClient\swtor.exe
Faulting module path: D:\star wars-the old republic\swtor\RetailClient\swtor.exe
Report ID: 587740f4-dedd-445e-986c-adaea7e029f2
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

The exception code 0xc0000005 normally indicates a memory access violation.
I found a few error in the memory ownership, but correcting them didn't help.

I have done a wipe and reinstall of both innerspace and swtor. Tried older Nvidia drivers too.

My laptop works though, with latest windows etc.
<<

Anklbitr

Post Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:31 pm

I was starting to think I was the only one having issues with this game and cringed at the idea of starting another thread about it.. A few days back it wouldn't launch, then a patch showed up on the patcher that got it working better and faster than it ever has . And now today it doesn't launch the game.

Did a reinstall and no fix.
Last edited by Anklbitr on Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Prepared

Post Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:26 am

This might be worth a try for you guys. I got mine to launch by closing out InnerSpace then launching it with Administrator. Then the SWTOR launcher would launch SWTOR.exe.

Prior to launching InnerSpace as Administrator, I couldn't get SWTOR.exe to launch from launcher.exe after starting it from InnerSpace. But now it works.
<<

Anklbitr

Post Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:03 am

Prepared wrote:This might be worth a try for you guys. I got mine to launch by closing out InnerSpace then launching it with Administrator. Then the SWTOR launcher would launch SWTOR.exe.

Prior to launching InnerSpace as Administrator, I couldn't get SWTOR.exe to launch from launcher.exe after starting it from InnerSpace. But now it works.

I tried this and didnt work. It stops soon after pressing play.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:41 am

We keep testing when you guys report this, and cannot replicate the issue, so believe it is something local. Not sure what at this stage.

Some issues might be able to be determined if you want to provide a compatibility diagnostic.
https://isboxer.com/wiki/Diagnostics
Otherwise the best bet is usually going to be going through some standard troubleshooting motions of shutting down non essential software (especially with overlays).

Freeze/Hangs are likely to be driver related.

Crashes with a decent crash message may be able to be investigated if you have a crash dump.
Check in your Inner Space folder for a .dmp file named like name_of_client.exe.dmp, otherwise check "%LocalAppData%\CrashDumps" (you can press Windows+R and paste that into the Run box) for name_of_client.exe.####.dmp (where #### is the process ID that crashed/disappeared/didn't launch)

You might get away with a reinstall of
InnerSpace/ISBoxer
SWTOR
DirectX Extensions
<<

Anklbitr

Post Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:30 am

<<

vengesunsoar

Post Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:16 pm

I can't get it to load up either. Set parameteres to -nobitraider. In launcher settings, bitraider disable set to true. Reinstalled innerspace, restarted computer, reinstalled swtor. Innerspace launcher will not go past initializing.
-
Ok it worked. I kind of feel stupid now actually. There are launcher settings for the characters you have (not just the main launcher but launcher settings for the characters that I put into isboxer. Edit those to set bitraider disable to true. Then I downloaded the dev patch and I'm in.
<<

Anklbitr

Post Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:47 pm

I went extreme and reinstalled windows with a complete wipe of all program. All new drivers , added isboxer and innerspace to windows firewall exceptions and made sure bitraider was removed. Read somewhere that window mode works best and did that also. So shouldn't be any programs messing things up .

Not sure if this is why it's working now or if it's because the Festival of Feast (when the problems started) has been removed. Anyway, it's working for now...

Spoke too soon !!!

11/16/2020 .. Don't remember the sites name, the person said try the Development Build, it may have the fix needed . Launcher works great now.
Those that don't know . Click the development tab in Innerspace console. Check for update if you like, and install. Could have downsides, haven't had any myself.
Next

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic