FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

NoSpecCache Error

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Hickeystone

Post Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:13 pm

Re: NoSpecCache Error

I am having the same issue. It fails with that error on 6587, 6588 and now on 6535. However if I select SWTOR launcher from the innerspace pop up. It works fine in all three versions. It only fails when I try to launch a character set. Just to test I opened a character set from the LOTRO character set and it was fine.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:26 am

However if I select SWTOR launcher from the innerspace pop up. It works fine in all three versions. It only fails when I try to launch a character set.

The only difference there is which configuration file is in use, including the bitraider setting which you guys probably allowed ISBoxer to change for you because it says it requires it when you Export.

You can get back to that same behavior when launching your team by deleting the launcher-*.settings files in your SWTOR folder. When you Export to Inner Space, it will pop that message up again about disabling bitraider. TRY CLICKING NO INSTEAD OF LETTING IT DISABLE BITRAIDER ... then launch your team. If what you say is true, then that should be all you need to do.

I turned the "bitraider_disable": "true" to "bitraider_disable": "false". And had no effect and still got error.

When you did that, what file did you change that in? One of the character-specific launcher files, I hope?

There's actually 2 lines you need to change, not just the one.
GOOD: SWTOR DEFAULT SETTINGS
Code:
, "PatchingMode": "{ \"swtor\": \"BR\" }"
, "bitraider_disable": false

BAD? ISBOXER SUGGESTED SETTINGS
Code:
, "PatchingMode": "{ \"swtor\": \"SSN\" }"
, "bitraider_disable": true
<<

catbastet

Post Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:21 am

I spent most of yesterday setting things beck up so I could at least keep testing, mine is working the same as Hickeystone. The game can be run from the innerspace star wars game selection but not from the character sets. Tried both of the suggestions from the previous message with no effect (bitraider). Everything worked perfectly up until update 6587, and then after installing that update none of even the old versions that used to work, work correctly. Since I can't use it at all regardless right now, I also tried the latest development update as well with the same result. I have no other games I use it with.
<<

Kris-1

Post Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:31 am

lax wrote:Press Windows+R, and in the Windows Run box, paste this in
Code:
"%ProgramData%\Lavish Software\utils\LavishBuild" install innerspace live "1.16 build 6535"

That should get you going again. You do not need to uninstall/reinstall ISBoxer.

Ok guys, My PC at home was using 6587, then Lax inform to try the latest development, at first in my case still the same after HIT Play then loading Screen Pop up NoSpecChace Error Appear.

Then I tried Lax Method Windows+R and run 6535 as above Quote the Result still the same and Innerspace have already change to 6535

So I went to my PC at Work which still using 6535 and work perfectly fine, I try to remember my last step.

1. I did copy only Launcher file and the Launcher SETTING File from SWTOR at my PC at work ----> Launcher Setting file at PC at Work Still default, hasnt been change to bitraider_disable : True (Still original default launcher setting file)
2. I copy Folder SWTOR and SWTOR Preff From --> C: USer--> App data--Local look for folder SWTOR and SwtorPreff
3. Before I paste them all to my PC at Home I completely Delete the Launcher File and LAuncher setting file only
4. Then paste them all to my pc at home
5. I delete all LAuncher File base on Isboxer Setup like Launcher SWTOR-1, Launcher SWTOR-2 etc so nothing left launcher only Default Launcher
6. I make another Quick Wizard for 4 char after finish Export to Innerspace --> Pop notification will appear saying running at bit raider mode and need to disable...I click OK
7. Right Click innerspace, and I choose only Character Slot Launch one by one not BY SET, launch SLOT 1- 2 -3-4
8. Now its working
9. then I check Innerspace Configuration then go to Game configuration Tab...its empty none are fill---(however I already did ADD Game first refering to Launcher File location)
10. I also try launch by Character SET its working...tho have to wait couple of second more...myabe depending on PC spec...mine still I5 3rd Gen and GTX 750 8Gb of RAM DDR3

I dont know why and im not a Techie guy but ITs working hope its help you guys.
<<

catbastet

Post Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:40 am

I tried as much of what you did as I could, with no success. I think though that the main reason it worked for you was that you copied files from your working copy that never got updated to the non working version. That was the part that I had no option to duplicate. It might work if somehow could get copies of those same files that you used that came from the version that was never updated.
<<

Hickeystone

Post Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:50 am

OK. Update. I tried creating a new Team. (I did save the old one.) I don't have bit raider turned off. So there is no warning when I export. I did notice that when I run the game from the drop down; In the upper left I get the four diagnostic lines. FPS, System Ram, Process Memory, Texture memory. They stay up when the game runs. However when I launch a team, they show for a few seconds, the screen blinks and the bottom three disappear. Only "FPS" remains. then I get the Launching <Character name> and then about 2-3 seconds later the error message. This happens when I run the new team or load the old one into isboxer and export.
<<

Kris-1

Post Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:15 am

catbastet wrote:I tried as much of what you did as I could, with no success. I think though that the main reason it worked for you was that you copied files from your working copy that never got updated to the non working version. That was the part that I had no option to duplicate. It might work if somehow could get copies of those same files that you used that came from the version that was never updated.

Let me know if I can send you my files

Hickeystone wrote:OK. Update. I tried creating a new Team. (I did save the old one.) I don't have bit raider turned off. So there is no warning when I export. I did notice that when I run the game from the drop down; In the upper left I get the four diagnostic lines. FPS, System Ram, Process Memory, Texture memory. They stay up when the game runs. However when I launch a team, they show for a few seconds, the screen blinks and the bottom three disappear. Only "FPS" remains. then I get the Launching <Character name> and then about 2-3 seconds later the error message. This happens when I run the new team or load the old one into isboxer and export.

Is it working now?

Now I can play and level up my 3 toons with one main account lvl 70 to speed kills thing
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:22 am

Hickeystone wrote:I did notice that when I run the game from the drop down; In the upper left I get the four diagnostic lines. FPS, System Ram, Process Memory, Texture memory. They stay up when the game runs. However when I launch a team, they show for a few seconds, the screen blinks and the bottom three disappear. Only "FPS" remains.

That is normal behavior. The memory indicators are visible by default from Inner Space (i.e. when you launch a Profile directly without using ISBoxer). ISBoxer turns them off and leaves the FPS indicator (i.e. when you launch your team or a slot).

There's a tick box in your ISBoxer settings if you want to turn off the FPS indicator as well.

... I'm still waiting for SWTOR to install again in order to work on the issue. Started yesterday :shock:
<<

catbastet

Post Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:30 am

We can maybe try that, hard to tell if that would work. Since my ISBoxer was already super screwed up I completely uninstalled as much of it and Innerspace as I could figure out how to do and I deleted the files I knew of in the swtor folder. I then tried to figure out a way to just reinstall the working 6535 version, but I could not see any way to do this. So I installed ISBoxer with the installer and innerspace. This installed the latest live version but then before doing anything that the program didn't force me to (logging in, registering my comp), I installed the 6535 version. This netted the same result on the NoSpecCache error.
<<

Kris-1

Post Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:30 am

lax wrote:
Hickeystone wrote:I did notice that when I run the game from the drop down; In the upper left I get the four diagnostic lines. FPS, System Ram, Process Memory, Texture memory. They stay up when the game runs. However when I launch a team, they show for a few seconds, the screen blinks and the bottom three disappear. Only "FPS" remains.

That is normal behavior. The memory indicators are visible by default from Inner Space (i.e. when you launch a Profile directly without using ISBoxer). ISBoxer turns them off and leaves the FPS indicator (i.e. when you launch your team or a slot).

There's a tick box in your ISBoxer settings if you want to turn off the FPS indicator as well.

... I'm still waiting for SWTOR to install again in order to work on the issue. Started yesterday :shock:

Thanks Lax for the support,now at PC home my current issue is fps frame rate at 10-15fps, I tried hyper threading True and false and round robin and all CPU...any suggestions for Intel I5 3rd gen Gtx 750 8gb of ram ddr3, PC at work is more horsepower and no issue with frame rate

catbastet wrote:We can maybe try that, hard to tell if that would work. Since my ISBoxer was already super screwed up I completely uninstalled as much of it and Innerspace as I could figure out how to do and I deleted the files I knew of in the swtor folder. I then tried to figure out a way to just reinstall the working 6535 version, but I could not see any way to do this. So I installed ISBoxer with the installer and innerspace. This installed the latest live version but then before doing anything that the program didn't force me to (logging in, registering my comp), I installed the 6535 version. This netted the same result on the NoSpecCache error.

Yes I did that yesterday completely uninstalled both isboxer and innerspace, even use CC cleaner and clean registry just to make sure...and re install again so I did have new fresh isboxer and innerspace latest patch was 6587 then hit Win+R to run 6535 still error nospeccache... What I did today was simply copied Swtor Launcher File from my office PC and I didnt modified any Innerspace folder installation only swtor file
PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic