FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Issue with second computer

Moderator: MiRai

<<

bcfoster69

Post Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:26 pm

Issue with second computer

My non-active window/instance on my second computer is not receiving the keystrokes/keymaps from my main computer. I have a two computer setup. I am running one instance on computer 1. On computer 2, I have two instances going. Only the instance with that is active on second computer receives mapped keys. Used ISBoxer for a number of years and never had this problem.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:36 pm

Re: Issue with second computer

Sounds more like the game does not realise it should receive input.

Do you have the "Make game believe it is foreground window (the game may otherwise ignore buttons)" option selected for your second PC character set (note: the odd game, like WoW, don't normally need this, so the QSW wont set it for those ones - but most do).

Or perhaps your game is one that by default ticks the "Disable capabilities to control multiple windows simultaneously..."?? (I'm not sure what this one does over multi-pc setups).

Or, if it happens to be just the one character, rather than the non-active window, they have the character option "Ignore keyboard/mouse broadcasts sent to this character"?

After that, not sure, but it would help to see your profile. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13
<<

bcfoster69

Post Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:17 pm

Thanks for reply. I tried it with the options you mention. Still did not work.

Here is my profile:

http://pastebin.com/Bk5BM02Y

BTW, my game is EQ2.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:33 pm

I can't see anything specifically in there which would make it not receive any commands (it does look a bit odd on first review, but I could trace through and all appears kosher).

You might consider using the debugging console to see if ISBoxer is receiving the commands on the ignorant toon, and whether it is just the game ignoring it or not. If it is the later, then I'm not sure what to suggest. Maybe verify the in game binds are correct, and you don't have anything else running which might be interfering.

It does seem odd that you haven't had issues previously. I assume the setup is the same as previous, so it would only be some recent software install/update that has created the problem.
<<

bcfoster69

Post Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:54 pm

To be fair, not everything is the same as last time I did this. I have not played Eq2 in 18 months. Also, this is a different computer than last time (although I have tried both my Thinkpad and my MBPro 13.) Also, I think this is the first time using Windows 10.

I will try it with Debug console.

Thanks for help.

Return to Multiple Computers