FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Seems to be a performance loss recently

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Prepared

Post Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:52 pm

Seems to be a performance loss recently

For multiple machines, there seems to be a performance loss when launching multiple clients on multiple PCs recently. I haven't had any Windows 7 updates recently that would cause this.

What's happening is that when World of Warcraft is launched while at the login screen, I would use Input Director to scroll to another machine on the network to enter authenticator codes. As of about a week or two ago, when I do this, the screen just about stops with my mouse barely able to move. I have to bring the cursor back to my main window and do something else for a while. The problem doesn't appear to be on the main computer, it appears to be on each of the others. The reason is because the display of the fire of the portal in the wow client slows down. I've not changed anything in ISBoxer for those machines. The framerates are as they were before this problem began. I am using the latest ISBoxer and development version of Innerspace. If I wait about 5 to 10 minutes the problem will go away.

At first I thought this was something happening in the background such as google chrome update, or an nVidia update or something Microsoft was doing. But this happens every time I boot the machines. I wait about 2 or 3 minutes to ensure Windows 7 Professional is fully loaded before launching World of Warcraft though Innerspace and the painful slow down of the mouse cursor is still seen.

Is this something others have seen or a known issue with multiple computers recently?

Thanks,
Prepared
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:57 pm

Re: Seems to be a performance loss recently

First I've heard of it.

Does it stop occurring if you revert to the non development build, or even build 6082?
<<

Prepared

Post Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:50 pm

bob wrote:First I've heard of it.

Does it stop occurring if you revert to the non development build, or even build 6082?

I'll need to try it without the development checkbox to be sure. Will try later tonight
<<

Prepared

Post Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:40 pm

My initial test on build 6059 of InnerSpace after restarting them and unchecking the development checkbox is that it didn't happen. That is the mouse didn't slow down on any of the computers nor did any of the copies of WOW seem to slow the fire on the portal at login down as if a performance problem was happening. However before I call it for sure, I need to do more restarts because it took me awhile to get all of the copies on 14 computers restarted after unchecking the box. So it wasn't really a full valid same as before test until I restart all of the computers and try it again.
<<

Prepared

Post Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:42 pm

Forgot to mention one thing that other multiboxers have told me happens to them also. Sometimes one of the computers or two of the computers will have multiple popups asking for the password again to InnerSpace. I used to painstakingly enter it again until another multiboxer told me he just cancels it because it already knows the password when it's started and shows the end time of the subscription when the little InnerSpace icon is highlighted on the windows menu bar. That issue has been happening for probably a year now just never mentioned it and as I stated, others have seen it too.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:57 am

Prepared wrote:My initial test on build 6059 of InnerSpace
I assume you mean 6089??

Prepared wrote:Forgot to mention one thing that other multiboxers have told me happens to them also. Sometimes one of the computers or two of the computers will have multiple popups asking for the password again to InnerSpace. I used to painstakingly enter it again until another multiboxer told me he just cancels it because it already knows the password when it's started and shows the end time of the subscription when the little InnerSpace icon is highlighted on the windows menu bar. That issue has been happening for probably a year now just never mentioned it and as I stated, others have seen it too.
This sounds like it is failing to or timing out on connecting to the authentication servers when you start it up. Seems to happen to some people. If you do a pathping (or just a tracert) to auth1.lavishsoft.com and auth2.lavishsoft.com, are you getting some long trace times? Anything that is specifically bogged down?

For myself I notice long times within networklayer.com as I bounce from London to New York to Chicago, to Dallas, to LA, to San Jose. Overall this part is taking 175ms out of the 200ms (avg) connection. Which considering it is actually 10,000KM away, its probably not a bad response time for my location, but I've never had it popup the login box.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:13 am

Forgot to mention one thing that other multiboxers have told me happens to them also. Sometimes one of the computers or two of the computers will have multiple popups asking for the password again to InnerSpace. I used to painstakingly enter it again until another multiboxer told me he just cancels it because it already knows the password when it's started and shows the end time of the subscription when the little InnerSpace icon is highlighted on the windows menu bar. That issue has been happening for probably a year now just never mentioned it and as I stated, others have seen it too.

What you're describing is a throttle built into the license server, and you're running into it more now than before because you're launching so many game instances in parallel across your 14 PCs. It takes a lot of launches in a very short time to hit this throttle (more in a short period than most people will launch in a day...). I've adjusted the threshold a bit as of now so it should affect you less.. (to be clear this would be unrelated to anything with broadcasting)
<<

Prepared

Post Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:07 pm

lax wrote:

What you're describing is a throttle built into the license server, and you're running into it more now than before because you're launching so many game instances in parallel across your 14 PCs. It takes a lot of launches in a very short time to hit this throttle (more in a short period than most people will launch in a day...). I've adjusted the threshold a bit as of now so it should affect you less.. (to be clear this would be unrelated to anything with broadcasting)

Thanks Lax!

I've also found the issue with the performance loss on the computers. It has to do with a Microsoft Update after all. It's kb3035583, the one that allows you to tell Microsoft that the machine can be updated to Windows 10. Although the schedule of the update isn't done, there seems to be some sort of extra processing that happens in the background from kb3035583. The way it was resolved was to remove kb3035583 from the Microsoft Update list on all of the computers and apply it later when ready to actually do the Windows 10 update. One of the viewers of my live stream indicated he had run into the same issue.

Prepared

Return to Multiple Computers