FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[WoW] Interract with target on 2nd PC problem

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Razorback

Post Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:05 am

Interract with target on 2nd PC problem

Hi all.
Today i got one problem ... I have not changed anything from my last game .. just turned all soft off and went to work. After a came back and decided to play a little ... i got this:
All my keystrokes and other actions still working good , i also can switch my action bars (shift + 1/2/3) etc. So all works fine , except one thing - interract with target.

My IWT Keybind wos MouseWheelDown and was working good. But now ... when i'm use it .. my toons on my main PC are interacting , and toons on second PC - no ! AND ! When i'm using MouseWheelDown (MWD) bind on my 2nd PC , it works good , even on my 1st PC "toons" .

I have two guesses about it :
1 - Yesterday, before I noticed this problem , i was changing keybindings on my 2nd PC toons , from "nothing" to - "Ctrl + MouseWheel Down/Up" , but today I tried to experiment with this, and appointed a new keybind - MouseWheelUp . And it won'ts work to. But if i'm binding , for example , key "1" all works pretty well.
2 - Yesterday , before this broblem. My Windows (8) was automatically got critical update , and rebooted my computer ... so , maybe now is something wrong in input/output devices? Because any keystroke is working ... only except MouseWheel updown.

Thank you. Sorry for my bad enlgish.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:18 am

Re: Interract with target on 2nd PC problem

It's okay to use mousewheel (or any mouse button) as a Hotkey for this within ISBoxer, but it should probably not be configured with that Hotkey in the game because the game's GUI may intercept it instead of treating it as IWT. FAQ: I am using a mouse button as a hotkey for something, and sometimes it doesn't work, what am I doing wrong?

If you need help beyond that, please show me your configuration -- http://isboxer.com/wiki/Configuration_Sharing
<<

Razorback

Post Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:00 am

No, all ingame configurations are correct. Beacause i was playing all this days , and all was fine. After all ... a tryed to restore default keybindings , and then to bind IWT key again. And was not working =/

Here is my configurations :
1st PC - http://privatepaste.com/6178a4bca4
2nd PC - http://privatepaste.com/5131a6fd9f

Also , new problem. Sometimes ... my characters (wich can't use IWT from my main PC) after few restarts of isboxer sets ... can use IWT. But, twhen i'm rolling mouse wheel , this characters mooving to the target , but they didn't run. They'r walking to it. and if i'm rolling mouse wheel again, they are switching from "run" to "walk" mode , and vice versa . =/
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:30 am

No, all ingame configurations are correct. Beacause i was playing all this days , and all was fine. After all ... a tryed to restore default keybindings , and then to bind IWT key again. And was not working =/

I'm not asking you if your in-game configuration is "correct", I was asking you if it's set to the mouse wheel in the game, and according to your ISBoxer profile, it definitely is. And then I explained why this is a bad thing and may prevent your IWT from working sometimes -- as it appears to be doing and you are asking how to fix. I believe your issue will be solved by changing your in-game IWT key binding to NOT BE A MOUSE BUTTON (or wheel), because in-game key bindings on mouse buttons will not work sometimes, as is also explained by the FAQ entry I linked. After changing the in-game key binding, you will need to adjust the "Variable Keystroke" in ISBoxer called "Interact with Target" (select Variable Keystrokes in top left pane, then Interact with Target in the bottom left pane) to match the new in-game setting. It is absolutely okay to continue using MouseWheelDown as the ISBoxer Hotkey, to send a non-mousewheel button to the game.

Sometimes ... my characters (wich can't use IWT from my main PC) after few restarts of isboxer sets ... can use IWT.

This is absolutely consistent with what I explained. Depending on where the mouse cursor is at in the other game windows, you may or may not be able to IWT. For example, if your cursor -- in THAT game window --is over the chat window, the mouse wheel will scroll through chat instead of using IWT.

But, twhen i'm rolling mouse wheel , this characters mooving to the target , but they didn't run. They'r walking to it. and if i'm rolling mouse wheel again, they are switching from "run" to "walk" mode , and vice versa . =/

I'm not sure why they would switch between run/walk mode though.
<<

Razorback

Post Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:43 am

To bad. Thank you for reply ! Sorry , I just do not fully understand the essence of your message first time. Because my english is not so good.

I binded on mouse wheel because i'm playing via melee characters , so it's easier to roll mouse wheel all time, then pressing some button =/

It follows from this question:
Is there anything in your software , that will save me from the need to spam iwt button all the time , in combat whyle fighting in melee setups?
<<

Razorback

Post Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:56 am

No need to reply for second question allready :) i get it )
Thank you again Lax. YOur support is amazing!
THank you and good luck.
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:21 pm

You can embed your IWT command, into any mapped key that you're spamming anyway.
Check this out: http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/3414 ... post312469

If you like, you can use your Mouse Wheel (or a Mouse Button), as the hot key to active your mapped key.
But you'll want to have IS Boxer send a keystroke to the game.
The trigger you use to activate your IS Boxer mapped key, does not have to be the key combination that is sent to the game.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa

Return to Multiple Computers