FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Mouse broadcasting between two computers

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Rabin2

Post Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:09 pm

Mouse broadcasting between two computers

Am I correct in assuming I can not broadcast mouse between two computers effectively? In order to move in Path of Exile I have to click to move on all four windows. I have two windows on my main computer and two windows on a secondary computer. The problem I have is when I turn on mouse broadcasting it makes it Jittery on all windows. I turned off make game window believe it is foreground window and this did not change anything. The weird thing is the mouse broadcasting workings perfectly at the login screen but not when actually logged into the game.
<<

jaumeat

Post Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:25 pm

Re: Mouse broadcasting between two computers

I haven't played that game, but do you use maybe repeating regions?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:30 pm

Am I correct in assuming I can not broadcast mouse between two computers effectively?

No.

The issue you are describing comes from enabling Mouse Broadcasting at the same time from both computers. It only needs to be enabled on the computer that you're controlling from.
<<

Rabin2

Post Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:15 pm

lax wrote:
Am I correct in assuming I can not broadcast mouse between two computers effectively?

No.

The issue you are describing comes from enabling Mouse Broadcasting at the same time from both computers. It only needs to be enabled on the computer that you're controlling from.

I am currently using a keymap to do this is there anyway someone can describe to me how to make it so that only the main computer I am controlling from has the keymap?

Or anyway to turn on Multicasting on the computer I am controlling from but not the other one. Or if there is a link that would be great.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:40 am

If you post your configuration it will be much easier to tell you specifically what to do. See HOWTO: Share your configuration for better support

But, in a nutshell, you've either got a Hotkey configured in your Repeater Profile to enable broadcasting in all windows, or you've got a custom broadcast toggling Hotkey to enable broadcasting in all windows, and whichever it is is going to need to be changed to not enable broadcasting in all windows. I don't know which it is because this is not a problem that exists by default, you had to configure it :)

Return to Multiple Computers